It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 12:01 am

Donald Trump is going to be the next president

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: Donald Trump is going to be the next president

Postby Chewy » Nov 07, '16, 4:02 pm

Messiah wrote:
Chewy wrote:Well there were plenty folk out at Raleigh, North Carolina today. Took in the atmosphere as I purchased my Trump bobble head and Coffee mug.

I may have spotted Chewy today.

Were you there?

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Postby Everlong » Nov 07, '16, 8:19 pm

Chewy wrote:Well there were plenty folk out at Raleigh, North Carolina today. Took in the atmosphere as I purchased my Trump bobble head and Coffee mug.

Back in the states again eh?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Chewy » Nov 07, '16, 8:22 pm

Everlong wrote:

Back in the states again eh?
yea, yearly pilgrimage to the states.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Nov 07, '16, 8:24 pm

Nice :tim. Someday hopefully I get the chance to make it to Australia.

Seeing new stuff this time, or returning to places you've been already?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Nov 07, '16, 8:31 pm

Chewy wrote:
Messiah wrote:

Were you there?

I live in Raleigh. I wasn't at the rally but I was in the area.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Chewy » Nov 07, '16, 9:36 pm

Messiah wrote:
Chewy wrote:
Messiah wrote:

Were you there?

I live in Raleigh. I wasn't at the rally but I was in the area.

Didn't figure it was your seen, the crazy was at an all time high.

Raleigh is a nice place though, goodberries is ace. :tim

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby PorkChop » Nov 08, '16, 5:29 am

The BBC's coverage is so in favour of Hillary it's quite funny. I'm not a fan of Trump (or Hillary for that matter) but it's annoying to see such blatant bias. I expected better of the BBC.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby The Legend » Nov 08, '16, 5:45 am

PorkChop wrote:The BBC's coverage is so in favour of Hillary it's quite funny. I'm not a fan of Trump (or Hillary for that matter) but it's annoying to see such blatant bias. I expected better of the BBC.

I don't really consider it bias, I mean it's part of the media's job to educate the public and that means in this case pointing out how greatly unqualified for the job of president Donald Trump is.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby PorkChop » Nov 08, '16, 6:02 am

The Legend wrote:
PorkChop wrote:The BBC's coverage is so in favour of Hillary it's quite funny. I'm not a fan of Trump (or Hillary for that matter) but it's annoying to see such blatant bias. I expected better of the BBC.

I don't really consider it bias, I mean it's part of the media's job to educate the public and that means in this case pointing out how greatly unqualified for the job of president Donald Trump is.

I'm not saying otherwise. Trump would make a terrible president, and I'd never vote for him or anyone like him.

But there's some definite bias coming from the BBC here. This is one of the most divisive elections ever but the BBC would have you believe that Hillary is the second coming of Christ and her victory is set in stone, while Trump is just a dirty, bankrupt sexual predator who's just there to make up numbers and might as well just quit now. It's not as if he's only just behind Hillary in terms of support, or anything.

I'd like to stress that I'm not defending Trump. He's a twat. But the BBC quite clearly have a horse in this race.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Nov 08, '16, 11:45 pm

Never in my life have I wished I had been wrong about something more than right now.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Nov 09, '16, 12:37 am

Oh man. I'm so happy. This is too much. I'm stunned and..wow. I'm proud of you Donald.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Circled Square » Nov 09, '16, 1:19 am

Hey I don't deserve the downvote I didn't rub it in I know this shit is divisive as hell but I wanted Trump to win and he did when his back was against the wall.it's quite the spectacle

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Matteo » Nov 09, '16, 1:34 am

Circled Square wrote:Hey I don't deserve the downvote I didn't rub it in I know this shit is divisive as hell but I wanted Trump to win and he did when his back was against the wall.it's quite the spectacle

"Back against the wall" is a bit excessive.

He had enormous media exposure, just like Hilary.

He had lot's of money and resources, just like Hilary.

He had the inadvertent assistance of Wikileaks and the FBI investigation.

He had pretty much all alternative and international non-Western media on his side in his support, including huge informational platforms such as Russia Today and InfoWars.

I do not like this implication that Trump was this mammoth underdog. He really wasn't. While Trump was getting crucified for his supposedly misogynistic remarks, you had Assange and Wikileaks drop bombshell after bombshell, revealing Clinton as a sneaky, cheating, dangerous political figure. That, to me, is just as - if not more 'revealing' - than Trump being dubbed as this sexist and racist, terms that are thrown around all too loosely in public mainstream discourse.

So, no, Trump wasn't this grass-roots hero who subverted the establishment. That is just as propagandic as the narrative that suggests Clinton could be a wonderful President.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Circled Square » Nov 09, '16, 1:40 am

Every poll showed him down and the media was pushing the Clinton surge meme after the FBI quit the investigation. The news all over the world thinks it's shocking. The underdog won.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Twister » Nov 09, '16, 2:47 am

Jesus Christ. Stop the world I want to get off.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby PorkChop » Nov 09, '16, 3:39 am

Does anyone believe that Bernie would've beaten Trump to the White House?

@Everlong How do you feel about Wisconsin swinging in favour of Trump and securing him the victory?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby PorkChop » Nov 09, '16, 4:23 am

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Nov 09, '16, 5:44 am

Circled Square wrote:Every poll showed him down and the media was pushing the Clinton surge meme after the FBI quit the investigation. The news all over the world thinks it's shocking. The underdog won.

The underdog was unbelievably unqualified, the underdog was completely ignorant, the underdog has no idea how to do the job. The underdog will destroy the world as we know it.

THE UNDERDOG SHOULD HAVE LOST

Underdogs are great for sports or entertainment, but they are usually underdogs for a reason and those reasons make underdogs totally unfit to be world leaders.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 09, '16, 6:34 am

Ah well, I never fancied coming to America anyway..

I went to bed still believing Clinton would brush off all the negative publicity and still edge out Trump. In fact I'd felt it might be an anti-climax yet reading the reports it seems it was the opposite especially in the swing states.

He won quite commandingly in the end.

I wish you guys in the States all the best yet I fear for the Muslims already in America, and those wanting to come to America to try and build a new life and make a positive contribution to the country but might not make it past the airport with the rhetoric Trump has thrown all pre-election. All the positive moves taken with Iran will go the other way but with Syria, intrigued by what action he takes. He's cosy with Putin who is supporting Assad so he might look to limit American influence and let Putin do what he wants.

I'd say it's a bad indictment on both parties that they haven't groomed any exciting candidates with substance. Hillary was from the previous administration and Trump came from nowhere to land the top job. Both better start looking to respond by the time the next election rolls around or as my colleague mentioned this morning, an early election if Trump somehow manages to fail to complete one term.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Nov 09, '16, 6:52 am

It's as much as an indictment on the dog and pony show that American elections have become in this generation as much as anything. American presidential elections are incredibly predictable if you remove the faces, names and ideals from the equation. Here's how the American people operate in elections.

One guy is elected, four years later he is re-elected because the American people believe the Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't. When that guy's second term in office is over the undecided voters always give the election to the guy from the opposite party no matter what.

The last president to be elected following a predecessor from the same party was George H.W. Bush, who was also the last president to serve only one term before being voted out. That was 28 and 24 years ago. Prior to Bush the last president to take over for a president from the same party in an election (not because of assassination, resignation or death) was Herbert Hoover who took over after Calvin Coolidge in the 1928 election. That's almost 100 years of predictability and almost 100 years of completely indefensible ignorant idiocy.

World Champion
World Champion

PreviousNext

Return to News and Politics