It is currently: May 07, '24, 3:57 am

Donald Trump is going to be the next president

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: Donald Trump is going to be the next president

Postby Everlong » Nov 09, '16, 8:17 am

PorkChop wrote:Does anyone believe that Bernie would've beaten Trump to the White House?

@Everlong How do you feel about Wisconsin swinging in favour of Trump and securing him the victory?

Sick, disgusted, angry and utterly unsurprised. Our state is a fucking shithole these days and overrun by tea party nutjobs.

I'm just so angry at the world today. I've never felt so hopeless and dejected in my life.

America is a joke. We set ourselves back 50+ years last night and now my unborn children are going to be the ones who suffer the most.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Nov 09, '16, 8:35 am

Matteo wrote:I do not like this implication that Trump was this mammoth underdog. He really wasn't.

Far from a Trump supporter am I, but while he did have access to a lot of things, this was still a monumental upset. Nobody thought he had a chance in hell of winning when he made the decision to enter the race. The odds were something astronomical.

The fact that there were so many Republican candidates helped him the most. It's unfortunate that the Democrats couldn't realize the risk they were taking with Clinton. I'm not a Sanders nut-hugger or anything, but they would have fared a better chance with him at winning the people that Clinton simply couldn't. People do not like Clinton.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Chewy » Nov 09, '16, 9:25 am

What was the number of total votes made?

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby DBSoT » Nov 09, '16, 9:35 am

This is what happens when there is a lack of funding for education and mental health for many years. Trump may not hold true to most of his promises, but he is now in a position where he has the backing necessary. The Republicans control the Presidency, Congress, and the Supreme Court. It's not complete free reign for Trump, but it is as close as possible. If the people in congress want to get re-elected they will have to follow the voters. The Alt-Right became the Right yesterday. The Alt-right used to just be sections of Tea Partiers or more extreme conservatives, but now they are the majority. They were just fringe people who were angry at the system and the Republican party, but now they are a unified base. I have been conservative as long as I can remember, but I didn't sign up for this shit. If this is what the new conservative is, then color me liberal. Fuck everything about this election and the candidates that have run. In fact fuck everything about 2016. I would say "I can't wait for this year to be over", but in January 2017 Trump will be sitting in the White House.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Messiah » Nov 09, '16, 9:51 am

DBSoT wrote:This is what happens when there is a lack of funding for education and mental health for many years. Trump may not hold true to most of his promises, but he is now in a position where he has the backing necessary. The Republicans control the Presidency, Congress, and the Supreme Court. It's not complete free reign for Trump, but it is as close as possible. If the people in congress want to get re-elected they will have to follow the voters. The Alt-Right became the Right yesterday. The Alt-right used to just be sections of Tea Partiers or more extreme conservatives, but now they are the majority. They were just fringe people who were angry at the system and the Republican party, but now they are a unified base. I have been conservative as long as I can remember, but I didn't sign up for this shit. If this is what the new conservative is, then color me liberal. Fuck everything about this election and the candidates that have run. In fact fuck everything about 2016. I would say "I can't wait for this year to be over", but in January 2017 Trump will be sitting in the White House.

At least the Lions will make the playoffs.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby DBSoT » Nov 09, '16, 10:01 am

Messiah wrote:
DBSoT wrote:This is what happens when there is a lack of funding for education and mental health for many years. Trump may not hold true to most of his promises, but he is now in a position where he has the backing necessary. The Republicans control the Presidency, Congress, and the Supreme Court. It's not complete free reign for Trump, but it is as close as possible. If the people in congress want to get re-elected they will have to follow the voters. The Alt-Right became the Right yesterday. The Alt-right used to just be sections of Tea Partiers or more extreme conservatives, but now they are the majority. They were just fringe people who were angry at the system and the Republican party, but now they are a unified base. I have been conservative as long as I can remember, but I didn't sign up for this shit. If this is what the new conservative is, then color me liberal. Fuck everything about this election and the candidates that have run. In fact fuck everything about 2016. I would say "I can't wait for this year to be over", but in January 2017 Trump will be sitting in the White House.

At least the Lions will make the playoffs.
Only in an alternate reality where the Cubs win the World Series and Donald Trump is President, will the Lions win a playoff game.

Also, I kept saying that the polls were BS during the primaries and I should have held true to that. Polling is a flawed system now-a-days because people can be fearful to voice their pleasure of more extreme candidates.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Nov 09, '16, 10:08 am

I would willingly let the Packers go winless for the next three seasons if it meant no Donald Trump as president.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 09, '16, 10:41 am

So let's get our bets in. How long before Trump embarrasses the US in front of the World by saying or doing something stupid and ridiculous?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Daz » Nov 09, '16, 10:48 am

Str8Shooter wrote:So let's get our bets in. How long before Trump embarrasses the US in front of the World by saying or doing something stupid and ridiculous?

Hasn't he been doing that for the better part of a year?

Or did I just imagine the whole "Grab her by the pussy" thing?

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Circled Square » Nov 09, '16, 11:24 am

So can we all agree nate silver got blown the fuck out

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Everlong » Nov 09, '16, 11:55 am

"Hillary Clinton is Roman Reigns.
You can't force the audience to cheer for a Babyface they hate from the get-go and expect the mood will change by simply trying to hand them the title."

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 09, '16, 12:31 pm

Daz wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:So let's get our bets in. How long before Trump embarrasses the US in front of the World by saying or doing something stupid and ridiculous?

Hasn't he been doing that for the better part of a year?

Or did I just imagine the whole "Grab her by the pussy" thing?

Well... yeah.

I mean now that he's actually President. Some people seem to think he's going to tone it down and actually attempt to be a normal person. I don't see that lasting long though.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Nov 09, '16, 12:36 pm

Everlong wrote:"Hillary Clinton is Roman Reigns.
You can't force the audience to cheer for a Babyface they hate from the get-go and expect the mood will change by simply trying to hand them the title."
This is actually quite accurate. There were six and half million less democrats voting in this election then 4 years ago and Hillary lost in counties that Obama won by double digits. The reason she lost is because people do not like or trust her. She was such a bad candidate that people couldn't bring themselves to go to the polls, just to stop Trump. Fuck the people blaming 3rd party voters for this at all, as well. Hillary lost because her base hates her, not because votes were stolen from her.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 09, '16, 12:48 pm

Matteo wrote:While Trump was getting crucified for his supposedly misogynistic remarks, you had Assange and Wikileaks drop bombshell after bombshell, revealing Clinton as a sneaky, cheating, dangerous political figure. That, to me, is just as - if not more 'revealing' - than Trump being dubbed as this sexist and racist, terms that are thrown around all too loosely in public mainstream discourse.

The "bombshells" didn't get much media traction because there wasn't anything in there really damaging for Hillary, especially when compared with Trump's Pussygate fiasco.

Chewy wrote:What was the number of total votes made?

Currently:

Trump - 59,418,103
Hillary - 59,623,047

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby DBSoT » Nov 09, '16, 2:12 pm

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Nov 09, '16, 2:34 pm

DBSoT wrote:https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

And so it begins.

I can't. I just can't.

The rest of his rumored cabinet looks equally horrible.

In just four years they're going to undo so much progress.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 09, '16, 2:55 pm

Obama to invite Trump to the White House tomorrow. Considering the latter started questioning the former's place of birth and his legitimacy as President, sure Obama will be delighted to share the same air as him..

Another annoying aspect of this victory is for Piers Morgan to get even more ensconced in Trump's arse after supporting him no matter what from the start.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Chewy » Nov 09, '16, 3:31 pm

At breakfast this morning a server told me that after the election she fears for her mixed race child. I tried to let her know I didn't care, but she stuck around, so I asked why?

She shrugged her shoulders and just said I don't know.

Your media here is fucking trash. Keep everyone dumb and afraid.

I heard someone compare him to fucking hitter for fucks sake.

Wow.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Circled Square » Nov 09, '16, 4:59 pm

;.;

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Suit&Tie » Nov 10, '16, 12:30 am

Thank you everyone. Now it's time for SquaredCircle to bind the wounds of division. We have to get together. To all Americans, Brits, Russians, whites, blacks, and oranges across this forum: I say it is time for us to come together as one united people. For those of you who have chosen to downvote me in the past - of which there were a few people - I'm reaching out to you for your guidance and your help, so that we can work together and unify this great website. We have tremendous potential. Together we can Make SquaredCircle Great Again. Thank you very much.

That's all they have for me on the teleprompter. Can you believe this? What a mess. And by the way - just so you understand - and I hate to tell you, but look, what we have, a tremendous - there's still a few people I want to mention. Okay?

My nimble navigators: based crocodile hunter @Chewy and my African American @Circled Square. I have such a tremendous cabinet - the best cabinet. They are going to be part of it, that I can tell you.

Crooked Hillary: She ran such a divisive and negative campaign. It was never going to work, I tried to tell her. The rhetoric she was using - "basket of deplorables" - unbelievable! Unbelievable. My campaign was full of positivity.

Jeb!: His mom should have ran.

Ben Cason: Even more low energy than Jeb. Sad!

Carly Fiorina: Nobody was gonna vote for that face. I tell the truth, lobbyists!

Little Marco: Couldn't get elected dog catcher.

Lyin' Ted: What a nasty guy. Nasty, nasty guy.

John Kasich: I've never seen a human being eat in such a disgusting fashion.

Ivanka: It's about time for me to get another wife. Melania didn't vote for me.

President Obama: YOU'RE FIRED.

Suit&Tie None specified
Mark
Mark

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Topics: 2

PreviousNext

Return to News and Politics