It is currently: May 03, '24, 11:36 pm

Audio leak shows Trump bragging about groping women

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Audio leak shows Trump bragging about groping women

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 07, '16, 10:40 pm

I was wondering how they were going to end the final Friday Night Smackdown before Trump/Hillary II on Sunday.

The recording, which was picked up by a hot mic and published by The Washington Post on Friday, happened while Trump was talking with Billy Bush of "Access Hollywood." The two were aboard a bus and were arriving on the set of "Days of Our Lives" to tape a segment for Trump's upcoming cameo on the soap opera.

The tape began with Trump discussing a failed attempt to seduce a woman, now identified as "Entertainment Tonight" host Nancy O’Dell. According to The Post, the tape was recorded several months after Trump married his third wife, Melania.

"I moved on her and I failed," he said. "I'll admit it. I did try and fuck her. She was married. ... And I moved on her very heavily. I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there," he continued. "And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look."

At that point, Trump and Bush noticed an actress, Arianne Zucker, who was waiting to take them onto the set.

"I've gotta use some tic tacs, just in case I start kissing her," Trump said. "You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait." And when you're a star they let you do it," Trump continued. "You can do anything. ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

The Trump campaign has released a statement in response to the leak:

"This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago," Trump said. "Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended."

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Audio leak shows Trump bragging about groping women

Postby Daz » Oct 08, '16, 12:39 am

I'm shocked...

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby The Legend » Oct 08, '16, 5:28 am

Daz wrote:I'm shocked...

Why? This is prefectly in keeping with how Trump has acted the entire time he's run for president (well longer than that, but you get the point).

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Oct 08, '16, 5:38 am

I don't think this leak matters that much. Trump's voters have already had plenty of chances to jump ship. This is only the millionth disgusting thing that he's said. At this point, the people who want to vote for him either have their heads in the sand, or are just actual misogynists and bigots. So I don't think this is going to cost him any voters.

Though that being said, it's a tight race and his ability to win probably relies on him being able to pick up some additional voters at this stage in the campaign, so hopefully scandals like this one will put off any of the part-time misogynists who were on the fence about him.

Even though it looks like it's going the other way now, it's insane to think that this guy really is within arm's reach of being the President of the United States. How was this allowed to happen? It's gotten to the point where I'm avoiding interviews with American celebrities online, because if I found out that a celebrity I like was voting for Trump it would probably ruin them for me forever.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 08, '16, 7:13 am

Hanley! wrote:Even though it looks like it's going the other way now, it's insane to think that this guy really is within arm's reach of being the President of the United States. How was this allowed to happen? It's gotten to the point where I'm avoiding interviews with American celebrities online, because if I found out that a celebrity I like was voting for Trump it would probably ruin them for me forever.

No celebrity with a PR person worth a damn would be dumb enough to say they're voting for Trump out loud in public or in the media. They'd get destroyed. The only people who have done it have been nutjobs and fringe celebrities that I know of.

Anyway how can anyone be surprised by the things that Trump says anymore? The guy steps in it virtually every single day at this point and somehow still has a shot. This has to be one of the most embarrassing things in US history that he's gotten this far right?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Oct 08, '16, 7:54 am

Hanley! wrote:Though that being said, it's a tight race

Not any more. The debate last week absolutely killed his chances. 538 (the most reliable polling/research site) is now giving HIllary an 80 percent chance of victory, compared to like 56 percent in the week before that.

There might be a few tight races in individual states but Trump seems to have finally killed his campaign.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Oct 08, '16, 8:02 am

Str8Shooter wrote:No celebrity with a PR person worth a damn would be dumb enough to say they're voting for Trump out loud in public or in the media. They'd get destroyed. The only people who have done it have been nutjobs and fringe celebrities that I know of.

I understand that, Brett. But unfortunately for us, we're both wrestling fans.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Daz » Oct 08, '16, 8:59 am

The Legend wrote:
Daz wrote:I'm shocked...

Why? This is prefectly in keeping with how Trump has acted the entire time he's run for president (well longer than that, but you get the point).

Sarcasm, good sir.

Although what is shocking is that this somehow became a newsworthy subject, given that it isn't at all a surprise. I'm pretty sure we could all piece together this is how Trump thought, and somehow his casual sexism is a bigger story than the absolutely hate inducing xenophobia he's been spewing for the better part of a year. Would it have been more newsworthy if he was saying these things about a Mexican woman, killing two birds with one stone, or less of a story if he'd said it about a Muslim woman?

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Oct 08, '16, 9:08 am

Interesting question, @Daz. Unfortunately, I think it may have been less of a story if he had said it about a Muslim woman. That's where much of the public consciousness is at right now in America.

It's funny that it's really Trump on women that's starting to hurt him, when he's been espousing possibly more horrific things about minorities since day one, so much so that it's practically the crux of his campaign. In one way it makes sense that his stance on women would hurt him more, as he's scaring off 50% of all voters in one fell swoop there. But perhaps more importantly for Trump, it damages him a little more with the one demographic where he's winning: white dudes.

It's obvious to me that many of his supporters are sexist as well as racist, but even if some of his base don't consider women to be equals with men, at least there's likely to be some sort of protectiveness there. These are "their women" that Trump is offending. Whereas when he attacks other races, they feel no such compassion.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Daz » Oct 08, '16, 9:20 am

Hanley! wrote:Interesting question, @Daz. Unfortunately, I think it may have been less of a story if he had said it about a Muslim woman. That's where much of the public consciousness is at right now in America.

It's funny that it's really Trump on women that's starting to hurt him, when he's been espousing possibly more horrific things about minorities since day one, so much so that it's practically the crux of his campaign. In one way it makes sense that his stance on women would hurt him more, as he's scaring off 50% of all voters in one fell swoop there. But perhaps more importantly for Trump, it damages him a little more with the one demographic where he's winning: white dudes.

It's obvious to me that many of his supporters are sexist as well as racist, but even if some of his base don't consider women to be equals with men, at least there's likely to be some sort of protectiveness there. These are "their women" that Trump is offending. Whereas when he attacks other races, they feel no such compassion.

True. I think the fact he's also running against a woman, who has the chance of becoming the first female president is U.S History, also probably makes it a bigger story. I do find it interesting though that the media won't let him slide with the sexism, but the racism he kinda got away with.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby DBSoT » Oct 08, '16, 10:09 am

Not shocked and it just confirms everything we already knew about Trump. He believes that his celebrity is enough to justify his actions. His supporters are just enabling that behavior.

To @Daz's point. The reason this story is a bigger deal than if it was Mexicans or Muslims he was talking about is because of the size of people effected by it. The female population encompasses all ethnicities. So it effects a lot more people, hence a bigger story.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 08, '16, 1:33 pm

Not a surprise at all that this footage exists - it seems in tune with what he thinks about women.

Like Tim said, I think his poor showing in the first debate was damaging and this development only hurts him further. The first debate showing kinda made me believe Clinton will do enough to see him off in the race unless he puts in a brilliant performance next time round which he has to IMO with the negativity today.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » Oct 08, '16, 5:20 pm

Holy shit.

Again, I find it a bit weird that after all the other awful stories, this one had a different impact. Maybe it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Also, it just feels like the media is making more of an effort of piling onto him now that it's closer to D-Day.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Oct 08, '16, 6:55 pm

Hanley! wrote:Holy shit.

Again, I find it a bit weird that after all the other awful stories, this one had a different impact. Maybe it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Also, it just feels like the media is making more of an effort of piling onto him now that it's closer to D-Day.

I don't think it's that surprising. We're very close to election and everything that happens from this point forward (beginning a couple of weeks ago) is going to be over-analyzed. It isn't the first time Trump has been found to be a sexist and/or racist, but this coming out so close to the election makes it one of the most noteworthy. If it happened, say, a year ago, it probably wouldn't blow up AS much as it has (even if it should).

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Oct 08, '16, 7:00 pm

I guess I'm not really surprised either; more bemused.

It feels like people just suddenly woke up and realised "Holy fuck, this mad man could actually be president. We must stop this!" You're kinda left wondering where they've been all this time.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Oct 08, '16, 10:16 pm

Hanley! wrote:I guess I'm not really surprised either; more bemused.

It feels like people just suddenly woke up and realised "Holy fuck, this mad man could actually be president. We must stop this!" You're kinda left wondering where they've been all this time.

I think part of it is a shock that it's gotten to this point. I mean for most of the time during the primaries I think most educated and informed people thought Trump was a little amusing sideshow, the fact that there were enough people that voted for him in the primaries to become the nominee. So now that we are at this point it does become a bit of a sudden impact.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 09, '16, 7:04 am

If Trump did drop out, then Hillary wins straight up or is there any other scenario?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '16, 8:59 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:If Trump did drop out, then Hillary wins straight up or is there any other scenario?

The Republicans would throw in another nominee last minute (probably Mitt Romney), but there's basically zero shot he'd win.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 09, '16, 9:16 am

Everlong wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:If Trump did drop out, then Hillary wins straight up or is there any other scenario?

The Republicans would throw in another nominee last minute (probably Mitt Romney), but there's basically zero shot he'd win.

Are we sure about that? Hillary isn't exactly a great candidate either. I'm sure there's plenty of people who know they can't vote Trump who would rather vote for Romney than Hillary.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Next

Return to News and Politics