It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 8:55 pm

If you support net neutrality (and you should), add your name to this list

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

If you support net neutrality (and you should), add your name to this list

Postby Everlong » Nov 20, '14, 3:38 pm

https://www.barackobama.com/net-neutral ... yourname_1

Obama's office has opened this public petition to tell the FCC to stand up for net neutrality. This is an immensely important issue that could shape the future of the internet in the United States and worldwide. If you're a US resident I highly encourage you to add your name.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: If you support net neutrality (and you should), add your name to this list

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 20, '14, 4:17 pm

(And if you're in the US)

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Viazon » Nov 20, '14, 5:56 pm

My friend doesn't know what net neutrality actually means. What an idiot! If he were here, how would you explain it to him?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby BSM » Nov 20, '14, 10:05 pm

Viazon wrote:My friend doesn't know what net neutrality actually means. What an idiot! If he were here, how would you explain it to him?

Don't worry. My "friend" isn't sure what it means either.

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 20, '14, 11:06 pm

Net Neutrality basically means your ISP isn't allowed to selectively slow you down when you're going to certain websites, charge you different rates than other people based on what platform you're on, that type of thing. It's generally something you should want to protect so when this sort of thing comes up make sure you get your name on it.

Though like I said, as far as I can see this is only for US folk.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 21, '14, 1:25 pm

Isn't this part of the whole deal to include internet/cell phone services into the public utilities bracket to regulate charges?

I have heard things about Obama wanting to regulate cell providers and Internet providers so there is no throttling, data caps, expanded/hidden charges, or variable charges.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Return to News and Politics