It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 4:08 pm

Should an assisted dying law be introduced?

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Should an assisted dying law be introduced?

Postby prophet » Jul 13, '14, 7:23 am

I was watching this on the news earlier. The campaign for parliament to introduce an assisted dying law is growing though there still seems to be a taboo surrounding it. I'm curious to see how people on here feel about it. Do you agree with euthanasia? I personally do - should a terminally ill, mentally competent person be forced to suffer?

I very much agree with all that 'sanctity of life' stuff that's used to argue against the campaign but in my eyes if someone wishes to opt for a euthanasia I think the option to do so should be there at the very least. How about you?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Should an assisted dying law be introduced?

Postby CavingSiberian » Jul 13, '14, 7:42 am

I agree. Why force the person to suffer for months or years, causing pain not only to themselves but to all those who support them? It only seems logical.... Spend millions of dollars on care that the patient doesn't want and quite honestly can't do anything to make them feel better or allow them to leave this world peacefully? Seems common sense to me. It is tortuous to force a dying person to be in pain for so long.

CavingSiberian Female
Jobber
Jobber

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 8

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 13, '14, 8:50 am

It's pretty fucked up you can shoot a horse if it's leg breaks. You can put your dog fluffy down when he is sick. And you do those things because it's being "humane" yet when grandpa gets cancer and it is ravishing his body, it isn't "humane" to allow him to die. I'm not saying go tell the doc to off grandpa because you don't want to pay for his meds. But if Gramps wants to end it, let him.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Twister » Jul 16, '14, 5:21 pm

Yes I agree with it completely. We put animals down when they are terminally sick because it's the humane thing to do, why is it not the same for humans? What's the point in keeping someone alive who's clearly had enough?

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Viazon » Jul 16, '14, 5:26 pm

I believe it should be allowed. If someone is in pain and they are gonna die anyway and all they want is for it to end, then that should be their choice.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Chewy » Jul 17, '14, 3:57 am

Yes, there are tons of people I want to assist with dying.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Return to News and Politics