It is currently: May 18, '24, 4:44 pm

I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 2:44 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I always wondered which topic would end up getting Squared Circle banned. Didn't expect him to leave willingly though :P

That took an unexpected turn. I don't know why he didn't just attempt to answer Tim's question.

I have never banned anyone for being a dick, it would take a lot for me to start. The guy's ignorant but he didn't do anything worthy of banning IMO.

And yeah, I don't know either :lol I was just trying to get him to see things from a different perspective.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » May 04, '15, 3:50 pm

Circled Square wrote:Record companies are mostly Jewish owned and hold blacks down by putting Thugnificent in the studio and having them brainwash youths with their "nigga nigga shit pussy money weed" music.

You mean the kind of music which you constantly quote in the chatbox all the time?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby VaderBomb » May 04, '15, 4:16 pm

Circled Square wrote:Also, it's funny how Vader mentioned Kendrick Lamar. Record companies are mostly Jewish owned and hold blacks down by putting Thugnificent in the studio and having them brainwash youths with their "nigga nigga shit pussy money weed" music.

Whites on the other hand try to make you white-washed, cleanier. Jews will let you be your hood-ish self.

Clearly you haven't listened to Kendrick because he attacks and criticizes the record company quite blatantly. Also, Kendrick pretty much killed bling rap and all that "nigga nigga shit pussy money weed" music, his shit is nothing like that. It's deep, progressive and beautiful.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Messiah » May 04, '15, 4:33 pm

The type of music CircledSquare is talking about:

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby SKS » May 04, '15, 4:37 pm

I agree with most of what Circled Square is saying, maybe not as drastic. I think far too often the young black community will use the fact that white people owned slaves quite a while ago and the race card whenever something doesn't go their way. Caught speeding, man these racist white cracker ass cops always trying to keep me down. Why even bother going to school? No one's gonna hire a brotha anyway. Maybe it's just what I see on social media, but young people nowadays are borderline retarded. They claim ignorance and racism whenever they can, where as that's actually being ignorant and racist. The media is working their magic and inciting an outrage amongst uneducated fools within the United States because that's what they want to see.

Also, some cops are fucking stupid. You wrongfully arrest a dude, get him in cuffs, then toss him in the back of a van with no protection whatsoever? He then proceeds to sustain drastic injuries and die while he's in custody. And the police are saying it wasn't their fault he died, come on now. Whether he had a record or not, you can't treat him like a sack of shit.

People do use racism and ignorance claims as a crutch when things don't go their way. Hell, I was getting out of a parking spot late at night (completely sober, just cold) this past winter and this douchebag cop pulled over next to me because I was waiting for my car to heat up. Blaring his lights. Asking me what I was doing, where I lived, am I kidding him, and if I was stupid. And I'm white as hell. Some cops are assholes. But without cops America wouldn't be safe. It is a shame that all the stupid cops make it to the mainstream media and the good cops risking their lives to protect the innocent are shoved under the rug because it doesn't get good ratings.

I'm tired of some people using racism as the main reason why they aren't successful. Or women saying that they aren't treated equally and that's why they can't become CEOs. It's the 21st century. Can we stop please. Go to school and get numerous degrees and work your way up. That's what people are supposed to do. Some are not made to be CEOs. Why is it only because they're women? Maybe they just aren't fit for the job. People get rejected all the time. This isn't about every single minority or woman either, because I'm sure I sound racist or sexist. I'll be honest and say I don't like the majority of people I come into contact with. Most people I see are stupid. And I'm sure from their point of view they think I'm just as dumb as I think they are. It's the uneducated ones that don't do shit but expect everything to be handed to them just because they've been discriminated against for existing that drive me crazy.

I've hit hard patches and struggled with my life at times. But I learned to stop making pussy excuses and to fix the problem at hand. If it's out of my hands, then so be it. You focus on what you can do to make your life better. Making excuses is a sign of weakness and you'll go nowhere.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Messiah » May 04, '15, 4:51 pm

SKS wrote:Go to school and get numerous degrees and work your way up.

Not everyone is afforded this opportunity. You would be pretty ignorant to think otherwise.

I'm not implying that this is anyone's fault in particular, but it isn't as simple as just going to school and getting numerous degrees.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 4:54 pm

SKS wrote:I agree with most of what Circled Square is saying, maybe not as drastic. I think far too often the young black community will use the fact that white people owned slaves quite a while ago and the race card whenever something doesn't go their way. Caught speeding, man these racist white cracker ass cops always trying to keep me down. Why even bother going to school? No one's gonna hire a brotha anyway. Maybe it's just what I see on social media, but young people nowadays are borderline retarded. They claim ignorance and racism whenever they can, where as that's actually being ignorant and racist. The media is working their magic and inciting an outrage amongst uneducated fools within the United States because that's what they want to see.

Also, some cops are fucking stupid. You wrongfully arrest a dude, get him in cuffs, then toss him in the back of a van with no protection whatsoever? He then proceeds to sustain drastic injuries and die while he's in custody. And the police are saying it wasn't their fault he died, come on now. Whether he had a record or not, you can't treat him like a sack of shit.

People do use racism and ignorance claims as a crutch when things don't go their way. Hell, I was getting out of a parking spot late at night (completely sober, just cold) this past winter and this douchebag cop pulled over next to me because I was waiting for my car to heat up. Blaring his lights. Asking me what I was doing, where I lived, am I kidding him, and if I was stupid. And I'm white as hell. Some cops are assholes. But without cops America wouldn't be safe. It is a shame that all the stupid cops make it to the mainstream media and the good cops risking their lives to protect the innocent are shoved under the rug because it doesn't get good ratings.

I'm tired of some people using racism as the main reason why they aren't successful. Or women saying that they aren't treated equally and that's why they can't become CEOs. It's the 21st century. Can we stop please. Go to school and get numerous degrees and work your way up. That's what people are supposed to do. Some are not made to be CEOs. Why is it only because they're women? Maybe they just aren't fit for the job. People get rejected all the time. This isn't about every single minority or woman either, because I'm sure I sound racist or sexist. I'll be honest and say I don't like the majority of people I come into contact with. Most people I see are stupid. And I'm sure from their point of view they think I'm just as dumb as I think they are. It's the uneducated ones that don't do shit but expect everything to be handed to them just because they've been discriminated against for existing that drive me crazy.

I've hit hard patches and struggled with my life at times. But I learned to stop making pussy excuses and to fix the problem at hand. If it's out of my hands, then so be it. You focus on what you can do to make your life better. Making excuses is a sign of weakness and you'll go nowhere.

Ahhhhh YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Now THAT is what I wanted to say, but I'm retarded and didn't put it properly. That is my opinion on these young blacks running around screaming systematic oppression.

My bad for saying I was leaving man I just got heated and needed a time out lol.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 4:56 pm

Messiah wrote:

Not everyone is afforded this opportunity. You would be pretty ignorant to think otherwise.

I'm not implying that this is anyone's fault in particular, but it isn't as simple as just going to school and getting numerous degrees.

Can they not attend a public school? I know people have home issues (I certainly did), but I still went to school. In a low income area I might add...highly populated by blacks.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby SKS » May 04, '15, 5:00 pm

Messiah wrote:

Again, from my perspective and experiences. Don't know how it is everywhere else. I went to a very diverse high school in which 70% of the students were various minorities (not white or Asian). The school has a 100% college acceptance rate, and has for close to 20 years.

I applied to numerous NJ universities, and despite having a 4.32 GPA and living with a single parent, I was not given any scholarship or financial aid. I was told to take out a loan. However, multiple classmates of mine who had much lower grades than I did, minorities with two working parents, got accepted with full scholarships/financial aid and didn't have to pay a dime to get a degree. I thought to myself damn, if only I was Mexican. Ignorant thing for me to say.

In my experiences, everyone is afforded an opportunity, even if they have to take out loans (as in my case). Yes this is a skewed opinion. Yes it's a small sample size. Don't know how it is in every single town or school system.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 5:02 pm

Messiah wrote:Not everyone is afforded this opportunity. You would be pretty ignorant to think otherwise.

Exactly. So many people are totally oblivious to the full extent of the privilege that they're born into.

SKS wrote:I'm tired of some people using racism as the main reason why they aren't successful. Or women saying that they aren't treated equally and that's why they can't become CEOs. It's the 21st century. Can we stop please. Go to school and get numerous degrees and work your way up. That's what people are supposed to do. Some are not made to be CEOs. Why is it only because they're women? Maybe they just aren't fit for the job. People get rejected all the time. This isn't about every single minority or woman either, because I'm sure I sound racist or sexist. I'll be honest and say I don't like the majority of people I come into contact with. Most people I see are stupid. And I'm sure from their point of view they think I'm just as dumb as I think they are. It's the uneducated ones that don't do shit but expect everything to be handed to them just because they've been discriminated against for existing that drive me crazy.

Messiah already touched on this, but this isn't nearly as simple as you seem to say it is. "Go to school and get numerous degrees and work your way up." Well what about the people who are born into poverty, live in school districts with extremely low standards and unqualified teachers, and don't have the money to open enroll in other districts or go to private schools to get an actual good education? How are they expected to learn and work their way up without ever being provided with the tools to do so?

And the "expect everything to be handed to them" bit is kind of a strawman. I hear that quote thrown around a lot, but where's the evidence that the majority of these people expect to be provided with everything? And even if that were the case, shouldn't we be paying some attention to how we can fix that and make it so that we don't have to "hand them" everything?

SKS wrote:I've hit hard patches and struggled with my life at times. But I learned to stop making pussy excuses and to fix the problem at hand.

I'm sure you have, and I'm not trying to say that you didn't go through any struggles. But the struggles being faced in the poorest, most criminally affected areas of cities across the country are a whole different animal that you, I and hell, most people will never truly be able to understand because we didn't experience them. We have lived a remarkably privileged life.

Circled Square wrote:Can they not attend a public school?

Again, they absolutely can. But consider the state of the public school systems in inner cities across America. It's an absolutely dire situation. Especially here in Milwaukee, teachers at the public schools in poor neighborhoods are extremely unqualified, there are extremely low educational standards and there's no real comeuppance for students that fail to do their work or pass their tests.

This is why the best way to attack the issue of race inequality in the United States (or at least the first way that should be taken) is to overhaul the educational system and make sure that everyone is being given a fair shake from the time they're born in terms of getting the schooling they need.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 5:08 pm

Also I don't know about you guys in the U.S but in Canada people with Native status get free education and no taxes or w/e.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_quota

In the modern world, being black might actually be a bonus in job applications with bigger companies.

Again, they absolutely can. But consider the state of the public school systems in inner cities across America. It's an absolutely dire situation. Especially here in Milwaukee, teachers at the public schools in poor neighborhoods are extremely unqualified, there are extremely low educational standards and there's no real comeuppance for students that fail to do their work or pass their tests.

This is why the best way to attack the issue of race inequality in the United States (or at least the first way that should be taken) is to overhaul the educational system and make sure that everyone is being given a fair shake from the time they're born in terms of getting the schooling they need.

Good point. The U.S has an awful education system. The teachers union up here is apparently on strike. I see people with protest signs outside the public highschool near by.

However, growing up, and yes, this is a simplistic approach to it, here's what I saw.

For every black kid who shut the fuck up and did his school work, there was 10 thugs. Remember the Barkley quote? I've seen it FIRST HAND - I had a friend, who happened to be black as well, and we both chilled together a lot the first year. Second year, he started hanging out with the bad kids (codeword for thuggish black kids) and everything about him changed. He started selling drugs, going to parties all the time, and skipping class to go smoke up or go with his crew. I wasn't mad - I accepted it. He opted for the easy approach to life. Blacks unfortunately have no idea of consequence when they are teens. That can be said of ALL teenagers, but now you can't even discipline a black student or else you're racist. Political correctness is going to kill us.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Messiah » May 04, '15, 5:09 pm

Are you implying that all public schools are created equal?

Not to mention, finances play a huge role. Getting a high school degree doesn't mean shit. Hell, just getting a degree from a four year university doesn't mean as much as it did 10-20 years ago. A lot of people, especially blacks, simply cannot afford to go to college. They work a minimum wage job then they have kids and then their kids can't afford to go to college. It goes beyond race, but especially applies to blacks because there are more of them in a low income situation.

Some people, especially blacks, live in single-parent families. Single-parent families = higher likelihood of living in a low income environment. My mom was/is a single parent. It was rough growing up. She was fortunate enough to excel in her profession, but she would tell you it was fucking hard. If I didn't go to the high school that I did in the location that I did, I don't know where I would be right now. Probably in jail. And no, I'm not going to blame that on anyone else but my actions, but I will tell you the environment and people I was surrounded by played a large role.

I could go on and on. Moving up in the world is not easy for anyone, but it is especially hard for a lot of black people and to no fault of their own. To deny that is ignorant, I'm sorry but it is.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Messiah » May 04, '15, 5:13 pm

Circled Square wrote:Blacks unfortunately have no idea of consequence when they are teens.

That is quite the generalization, don't you think?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 5:15 pm

Circled Square wrote:For every black kid who shut the fuck up and did his school work, there was 10 thugs. Remember the Barkley quote? I've seen it FIRST HAND - I had a friend, who happened to be black as well, and we both chilled together a lot the first year. Second year, he started hanging out with the bad kids (codeword for thuggish black kids) and everything about him changed. He started selling drugs, going to parties all the time, and skipping class to go smoke up or go with his crew. I wasn't mad - I accepted it. He opted for the easy approach to life. Blacks unfortunately have no idea of consequence when they are teens. That can be said of ALL teenagers,

Oh I absolutely believe that stuff like this happens. I wasn't saying that the Barkley quote is completely wrong, just that it is only the very surface level of the issue.

But again, we have to consider *why* this culture has risen, and *why* there is such a prevalent group of people opposed to anyone "acting white," and *why* some of these children grow up without a real understanding of how their actions affect their futures.

It's impossible to come up with a single solution that would fix the entire problem, but I do know that the cause runs a lot deeper than just people being naturally lazy/stupid/etc. People's poor attitudes toward education or perceived laziness are just a symptom of the larger problem of generations of systemic prejudice in this country, and it's up to the people in charge of the system to figure out how to reshuffle the deck so everyone is playing with an equal hand.

Of course, those of us familiar with the American political system know that those in charge of the system are far more concerned about staying in charge than actually doing any good, which is why it would basically take a revolution of sorts for anything to ever change.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » May 04, '15, 5:17 pm

Circled Square wrote:In the modern world, being black might actually be a bonus in job applications with bigger companies.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 5:19 pm

Messiah wrote:

Are you implying that all public schools are created equal?

Not to mention, finances play a huge role. Getting a high school degree doesn't mean shit. Hell, just getting a degree from a four year university doesn't mean as much as it did 10-20 years ago. A lot of people, especially blacks, simply cannot afford to go to college. They work a minimum wage job then they have kids and then their kids can't afford to go to college. It goes beyond race, but especially applies to blacks because there are more of them in a low income situation.

Some people, especially blacks, live in single-parent families. Single-parent families = higher likelihood of living in a low income environment. My mom was/is a single parent. It was rough growing up. She was fortunate enough to excel in her profession, but she would tell you it was fucking hard. If I didn't go to the high school that I did in the location that I did, I don't know where I would be right now. Probably in jail. And no, I'm not going to blame that on anyone else but my actions, but I will tell you the environment and people I was surrounded by played a large role.

I could go on and on. Moving up in the world is not easy for anyone, but it is especially hard for a lot of black people and to no fault of their own. To deny that is ignorant, I'm sorry but it is.

This is what kills me inside. I was with you right until the end, but the end just takes a knife and twists it into me man. It's so sad that the media has tricked you into White Guilt, making you feel as if your ancestors or your people directly affect us today. Do not feel as if you're forced to continue the tired old argument that the reason we're such a colossal fuck up in 2015 is because of things that happened generations ago.

It's time for us to put on our big boy pants and man the fuck up.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 5:21 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Circled Square wrote:In the modern world, being black might actually be a bonus in job applications with bigger companies.

Blacks not so much I'll admit, plenty of people would throw Tamika Jones' application in the trash can. :lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 5:22 pm

Circled Square wrote:Do not feel as if you're forced to continue the tired old argument that the reason we're such a colossal fuck up in 2015 is because of things that happened generations ago.

Except that this argument is extremely legitimate and you've yet to present any evidence to indicate your apparent belief that there's no historical context for why there continues to be such race inequality in America.

If you really believe that, then the burden of proof is on you. Because there's overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

The struggles poor black people face in America today aren't anything new. It's a continuation of the same struggles they've faced since they were suddenly freed and left to fend for themselves in a world where a large percentage of their fellow citizens still hated the very sight of them, after a constitutional amendment had to be made to clarify they were not pieces of property to be bought and sold.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » May 04, '15, 5:23 pm

What was wrong with what I said?

I'm not sure what you are talking about by bringing ancestors into the mix. I said nothing about that. As a kid up until high school, I lived in a low income environment (aka the hood) with poor education. I never blamed it for who I was (my mistakes were my mistakes), but that it did play a role.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 5:23 pm

Messiah wrote:
Circled Square wrote:Blacks unfortunately have no idea of consequence when they are teens.

That is quite the generalization, don't you think?

No. Blacks don't have solid families. It breaks my heart but it's true. So when my friend was skipping school, the calls home would go to no one. His whacked out mom didn't give a fuck that's for sure. No discipline = no sense of consequence.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics