It is currently: May 03, '24, 12:18 am

I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

Postby SlightlyJames » May 03, '15, 9:35 pm

First time I saw this thread I thought it said Tim knew a load of rapist people. :lol

Daz wrote:With the election in the UK coming up, I've seen a lot of casual racism being thrown around as people try to justify voting for UKip.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Westcoastvibes » May 03, '15, 10:36 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:"These thugs are disgusting" isn't racist though to me. I mean thugs can come in all colours and races.

They can, but if you pay attention, you'd be surprised how many people will only use the term thug when talking about a black person.

Yeah that's probably true, but I wouldn't feel comfortable calling someone a racist just for that line though.

I wouldn't call it racist if I just saw the person say it once, but if they use it a few times and you can see a pattern develop you can tell when it becomes racist.

Well it would all depend on context I guess, if they were posting a bunch of other questionable stuff first then it would be easier to draw that conclusion.

I agree with this. I generally think of a thug as a person who has no respect for law or other people, those who bully there way to manipulate any situation so the outcome favors them. However, if a single person is using the term thugs to describe a group of black guys in multiple different settings then yeah, its a racist term.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby Kein » May 03, '15, 11:51 pm

I don't think a lot of my social media friends are racist, but when they make posts of their opinions, or share articles and such about these riots etc, I automatically think a little less of them. Usually what they post has little to no contribution to the issue at hand and is in my opinion a waste of space. If I agree with what they say even, I still wonder, why was it necessary for you to post that? What does it accomplish? Just lets a bunch of people on their computers nod their head yes or no.

When I hear about the riots and the pillaging and the burning I can't really do anything but shake my head. It's embarrassing to hear others defend others or attack others who they think are or are not like them. Victimization and all that annoys me, I know to some extent it exists, I know blacks have it harder in some aspects, but the logic behind some of the arguments don't click and don't make connections to me.

As for the term thug, I would agree it is usually in use when pertaining to black people. Kind of goes along with the "thug life" or "born in the hood" blah blah blah. But it could be used for any person who Westcoastvibes described as, someone who doesn't respect the law. I guess assuming thug as a black person could be racist but I think that may be a little overly sensitive.

And for Tim, I have to admit, you do know more racist people than you think. I don't like black people.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby PorkChop » May 04, '15, 5:17 am

Daz wrote:With the election in the UK coming up, I've seen a lot of casual racism being thrown around as people try to justify voting for UKip. People by and large, are idiots, and don't think about the implications of what they're saying, especially on social media. Needless to say though, my friends list has been significantly culled.

Based on the people I know and have spoken with, there does seem to be a correlation between UKIP voters and low IQs.

One of my friends brought his girlfriend down the pub the other night. I've only met her a few times and she barely ever says a word, but someone mentioned UKIP in a passing comment and she blurted out "What's wrong with UKIP?". I quietly hid behind my pint, but some of my other friends called her out on it. It turned out she was a passionate UKIP supporter and quite the racist - she mentioned the classic "they come over here, taking our jobs" line but didn't actually know any of their policies other than immigration.

She's also unemployed and doesn't actually apply for our jobs, but complains when someone else takes them. On a previous occasion another one of my friends convinced her that the moon was a hologram and that Jurassic Park was based on a true story.

Her vote counts for as much as mine and yours. Let that sink in for a moment...

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby prophet » May 04, '15, 6:32 am

Daz wrote:With the election in the UK coming up, I've seen a lot of casual racism being thrown around as people try to justify voting for UKip. People by and large, are idiots, and don't think about the implications of what they're saying, especially on social media. Needless to say though, my friends list has been significantly culled.

This is accurate for me, too. I see a fair amount of UKIP support on social media and every person I've ever called on it has tried justifying it to me. It's ridiculous.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » May 04, '15, 6:38 am

Kein wrote:And for Tim, I have to admit, you do know more racist people than you think. I don't like black people.

So is this some kind of weird joke I'm not getting, or what? I was gonna let it just hang there, but I'd probably rather know if there's an openly racist person on here.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » May 04, '15, 7:36 am

Hanley! wrote:
Kein wrote:And for Tim, I have to admit, you do know more racist people than you think. I don't like black people.

So is this some kind of weird joke I'm not getting, or what? I was gonna let it just hang there, but I'd probably rather know if there's an openly racist person on here.

Haha It has to be a joke. Right?....Right?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Daz » May 04, '15, 8:00 am

PorkChop wrote:

Based on the people I know and have spoken with, there does seem to be a correlation between UKIP voters and low IQs.

One of my friends brought his girlfriend down the pub the other night. I've only met her a few times and she barely ever says a word, but someone mentioned UKIP in a passing comment and she blurted out "What's wrong with UKIP?". I quietly hid behind my pint, but some of my other friends called her out on it. It turned out she was a passionate UKIP supporter and quite the racist - she mentioned the classic "they come over here, taking our jobs" line but didn't actually know any of their policies other than immigration.

She's also unemployed and doesn't actually apply for our jobs, but complains when someone else takes them. On a previous occasion another one of my friends convinced her that the moon was a hologram and that Jurassic Park was based on a true story.

Her vote counts for as much as mine and yours. Let that sink in for a moment...

The best part is that the leader of the party is married to an immigrant ... who he gave a fucking job. The hypocrisy of the whole party is hilarious. They're like panto villains.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby VaderBomb » May 04, '15, 9:34 am

Middle and upper class white people need to stop abusing their privileges by attempting to have a strong opinion against the Baltimore protests and actually fucking listen to disenfranchised groups because they're angry and upset for a reason.

I legit had some ex-marine fucker (white and middle class, of course) on Facebook that I went to high school with post a status saying that he wanted to "take his M16 down to Baltimore and kill all the niggers". He is the absolute worst. The only reason that I didn't block him was that perhaps he can learn from some more intelligent and open statuses/articles that my non-racist friends and I post.

Articles such as:
http://www.salon.com/2015/04/29/dear_wh ... right_now/

http://mic.com/articles/116897/what-our ... =og.shares

and this quote from Malcolm X:

"The press is so powerful in its image-making role, it can make the criminal look like he's a the victim and make the victim look like he's the criminal. This is the press, an irresponsible press. It will make the criminal look like he's the victim and make the victim look like he's the criminal. If you aren't careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.
If you aren't careful, because I've seen some of you caught in that bag, you run away hating yourself and loving the man — while you're catching hell from the man. You let the man maneuver you into thinking that it's wrong to fight him when he's fighting you. He's fighting you in the morning, fighting you in the noon, fighting you at night and fighting you all in between, and you still think it's wrong to fight him back. Why? The press. The newspapers make you look wrong."

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 11:29 am

LOL please don't tell me you're voting for Ed Miliband. Please. I will fly over there and kick the shit out of you. He's going to turn the U.K into Sweden.

On this whole Baltimore riot thing, Baltimore's got a majority non-white police force, a black mayor, and a black police chief. Makes me sick to see my own people terrorize the city they live in. When you see a bunch of thugs break into a store and run out with a few flatscreen TVs I doubt they have Freddie Gray on their mind.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby SlightlyJames » May 04, '15, 11:32 am

Circled Square wrote:Makes me sick to see my own people terrorize the city they live in. When you see a bunch of thugs break into a store and run out with a few flatscreen TVs I doubt they have Freddie Gray on their mind.

No, uh... you see, with the flatscreen TVs, they can gain uh, insight and a new perspective on... GIMME DAT TV

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby VaderBomb » May 04, '15, 12:12 pm

Circled Square wrote:

LOL please don't tell me you're voting for Ed Miliband. Please. I will fly over there and kick the shit out of you. He's going to turn the U.K into Sweden.

On this whole Baltimore riot thing, Baltimore's got a majority non-white police force, a black mayor, and a black police chief. Makes me sick to see my own people terrorize the city they live in. When you see a bunch of thugs break into a store and run out with a few flatscreen TVs I doubt they have Freddie Gray on their mind.

It's not all violent rioting though. There's more peaceful protesting than violent, but the news doesn't cover that shit. The media is sensationalizing and exaggerating the events in order to keep the US regime in favor of white supremacy. The "thugs" who are vandalizing corporate property are the angrier of the protesters but don't let them define the whole movement which is socially progressive and absolutely necessary.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 12:25 pm

White Supremacy is a fucking joke. Here's the issue with my own people:

We aren't held down. And it isn't socially progressive. It's another example of: "Hey, we can't fix our own community: Let's find a scapegoat!" IE: White People.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby prophet » May 04, '15, 12:48 pm

Circled Square wrote:LOL please don't tell me you're voting for Ed Miliband. Please. I will fly over there and kick the shit out of you. He's going to turn the U.K into Sweden.

Please elaborate. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the sentiment but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 12:50 pm

prophet wrote:
Circled Square wrote:LOL please don't tell me you're voting for Ed Miliband. Please. I will fly over there and kick the shit out of you. He's going to turn the U.K into Sweden.

Please elaborate. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the sentiment but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

He will suck dick to get the immigrant/Muslim vote. From what I know as a 3rd party looking at the U.K from afar, it seems as if you don't need any more immigrants lmao.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 12:52 pm

Circled Square wrote:We aren't held down. And it isn't socially progressive. It's another example of: "Hey, we can't fix our own community: Let's find a scapegoat!" IE: White People.

Ok, but what do you think the reason is that the black community has often turned on people who "act white?"

Could it be that they resent when people they grew up with begin to exude the same characteristics often shown by the people who have systematically oppressed them in this country for a couple hundred years?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 12:57 pm

Everlong wrote:
Circled Square wrote:We aren't held down. And it isn't socially progressive. It's another example of: "Hey, we can't fix our own community: Let's find a scapegoat!" IE: White People.

Ok, but what do you think the reason is that the black community has often turned on people who "act white?"

Could it be that they resent when people they grew up with begin to exude the same characteristics often shown by the people who have systematically oppressed them in this country for a couple hundred years?

I'm sorry, but what does going to work, not committing crimes and providing for your children in 2015 have to do with segregation from like two generations ago?

Will my people always be immune to criticism because it's automatically racist?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby VaderBomb » May 04, '15, 12:59 pm

Circled Square wrote:White Supremacy is a fucking joke. Here's the issue with my own people:

We aren't held down. And it isn't socially progressive. It's another example of: "Hey, we can't fix our own community: Let's find a scapegoat!" IE: White People.

Sure, not all black people are held down by the white man, but many still are and the issue is bigger and deeper and much more subversive than it may seem. I don't see how this quote from Charles Barkley can speak for all black people.

Circled Square wrote:Will my people always be immune to criticism because it's automatically racist?

This song:
which I hope that most people on here have heard has a similar message but it's a lot more poetic/forward looking and less negative. I feel like every racist (black or white) in America should listen to Kendrick's new LP and realize how ignorant they've been.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 1:05 pm

Circled Square wrote:'m sorry, but what does going to work, not committing crimes and providing for your children in 2015 have to do with segregation from like two generations ago?

Will my people always be immune to criticism because it's automatically racist?

Black people are not immune from criticism. You're missing the point entirely. What I'm trying to say is that you can't just take these things at face value. You have to constantly be questioning why things are the way they are.

Do you honestly believe that there is no historical context relevant to why there is a prevalence of black people in low-income, high-crime communities?

What you should be asking is:

-WHY are black people primarily in low-income, high-crime communities?
-WHY is there a subset of the black community that criticizes friends and family for acting white?

The answers are a whole lot more complicated than Barkley's quote you posted, and yes, they stretch back generations.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 1:25 pm

I think you've fallen for the anti-black narrative that's been spewed as if it's fact.

Blacks themselves don't get out of their own way. Asian families move here, raise the children they brought over together, and they either move back to say China or get better as every generation moves forward.

Black dads are almost mythical where I grew up. Most of my friends' grew up in single parent households. Often you'd see their mothers riding the cock carousel, which rubs off on their sons/daughters.

It isn't the systematic, government equivalent to KKK that's held us back. This isn't the 60's/70's...

Also, it's funny how Vader mentioned Kendrick Lamar. Record companies are mostly Jewish owned and hold blacks down by putting Thugnificent in the studio and having them brainwash youths with their "nigga nigga shit pussy money weed" music.

Whites on the other hand try to make you white-washed, cleanier. Jews will let you be your hood-ish self.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics