It is currently: Apr 16, '24, 12:23 am

I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

Postby Locke » May 06, '15, 2:28 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Everlong wrote:I trashed most of my long reply, because at this point it's basically like bashing my head into concrete. But I couldn't resist this:

Circled Square wrote:It's all part of this Leftist movement indoctrinating people throughout the United States.

Says the guy consistently quoting far right, libertarian tea party icons like Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Charlton Heston. Are you sure you're not the one who's indoctrinated here?

If I'm going to be "indoctrinated," at least it's with a mindset of actually giving a fuck about making some real positive change and helping people to overcome generations of inequaltiy.

I don't really like Heston man. He was the leader of the NRA. He just made a good point and I thought it made sense to share it.

I come from the far right, you seem to be more from the Left, when I read your posts I want to put a toothpick under my big toenail and kick a wall. My argument is I want the blavks to start having a post oppression mindset and be responsible for themselves. I might be jumping the gun a little bit ofc. It might not be that time yet.

But I really, really want it to be.

You gotta quit with the photos with quotes, man. They hurt your argument.. :lol
Like, 95 year old people post that shit on Facebook, and 90% of the time the quotes don't even match something the person in the photo ever even said. Even if yours -are- accurate, the fact that it's one of those "photo quotes" just immediately makes it look like horseshit. It's better to just quote the quote in text. And FWIW, as somewhat of a "fence sitter" (or even as far as anti-far-left-OR-right), I really got what you were trying to say and though you put your foot in your mouth a few times, I couldn't think of a better way to put it myself so I kept quiet. But the part in your quote that I bolded, I completely agree with. Everyone is ready for shit to be better, but.. pfeh. It's worse than it ever has been, IMHO.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby SKS » May 06, '15, 2:54 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Everlong wrote:I trashed most of my long reply, because at this point it's basically like bashing my head into concrete. But I couldn't resist this:

Circled Square wrote:It's all part of this Leftist movement indoctrinating people throughout the United States.

Says the guy consistently quoting far right, libertarian tea party icons like Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Charlton Heston. Are you sure you're not the one who's indoctrinated here?

If I'm going to be "indoctrinated," at least it's with a mindset of actually giving a fuck about making some real positive change and helping people to overcome generations of inequaltiy.

My argument is I want the blacks to start having a post oppression mindset and be responsible for themselves. I might be jumping the gun a little bit ofc. It might not be that time yet.

But I really, really want it to be.

I think this was the point I was trying to make with my first few posts in this thread. Not just blacks, but people from every race.

It is hard to want to respond to posts that say your idea or opinion is fucking stupid, though, so I don't really have anything more to add to this debate.

I will say that this was similar to what I meant in my recent post on equality/black history month/saying that everyone is equal: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mic ... g-about-it

Again, I'm not saying it's the solution for everyone. I don't know if there is one big solution for everyone.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 266

Postby Hanley! » May 06, '15, 3:01 pm

Oh God, where to start.

I can't possibly respond to everything that I have a problem with, because it'd take too long and my head would explode. So I guess lets just go one step at a time.

Circledsquare, your way of thinking would worry me if I wasn't suspicious you were just trolling us constantly. It would be difficult to genuinely believe the things that you say. What's consistent about your posts on race is that they tend to be at best provocative, and more often than not actually offensive. But your ideas are also entirely contradictory.

You say that black people should feel bad about the way they act and for participating in "nigga" culture, when I've never met anyone who plays up that stereotype more than you. You're constantly calling people "nigga" and posting similarly offensive lyrics to what I'm now increasingly worried are real songs that exist.

You claim that black people have all the same opportunities as white people, but yet you don't just believe in negative stereotyping of black people but you actively encourage it. You don't believe that puts black people at a disadvantage? How often do you hear people making sweeping generalisations of white people in this way?

Apparently your mission here is to both play up a negative black person stereotype and then take the piss out of black people based on the stereotype you're attempting to perpetuate. It's fucking nuts. So much so that I'm half suspicious that you're just a white guy pretending to be black because it makes it easier for you to talk shit about them. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you genuinely are black and just enjoy hating on black people anyway. Or maybe you're just a troll and enjoy hating on common sense.

I would have felt bad about saying this early on in the thread, but after watching you casually take shots at autism, mental illness and transgender people in the course of spreading regressive tripe about race, I have no problem saying at this point that you're completely full of shit.

Please, please, grow the fuck up.

Locke wrote:Please don't turn this into a politics thread, because both sides are fucking bat shit crazy, wrong, and pissy cry babies.

Let's get back to the topic at hand! :cheers

Because we wouldn't want the evils of politics soiling our innocent bout of racism!

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Locke » May 06, '15, 3:12 pm

Hanley! wrote:Because we wouldn't want the evils of politics soiling our innocent bout of racism!

Damn straight!

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Circled Square » May 06, '15, 3:31 pm

I was wondering when somebody was going to say I was white.

See what you believe? That somebody hyper-critical of black people automatically comes from a position that you can justifiably call racist in this generation?

I would have felt bad about saying this early on in the thread, but after watching you casually take shots at autism, mental illness and transgender people in the course of spreading regressive tripe about race, I have no problem saying at this point that you're completely full of shit.

I have a bad filter I have to agree. Often I'll take things over the top, above and beyond, and I'm sorry for that. I apologize for taking shots at these people. Unfortunately you missed my point. Many of them, maybe not Autism, how about OCD, ADHD, etc get over diagnosed to a point where it's an obvious money making scheme. Remember that I was going off track there lol so do with that as you will.

Circledsquare, your way of thinking would worry me if I wasn't suspicious you were just trolling us constantly. It would be difficult to genuinely believe the things that you say. What's consistent about your posts on race is that they tend to be at best provocative, and more often than not actually offensive. But your ideas are also entirely contradictory.

It is very hard to believe. It's very hard to believe a black man wouldn't be sitting here playing the victimization card and actually wanting to own up to our issues, OURSELVES. I trip over my feet a bit, sure, I can't be the perfect Hanley. The eloquent Hanley. The all knowing wisdom giver, Hanley.

You claim that black people have all the same opportunities as white people, but yet you don't just believe in negative stereotyping of black people but you actively encourage it. You don't believe that puts black people at a disadvantage? How often do you hear people making sweeping generalisations of white people in this way?

I'm not sure were this part is coming from. I kinda read it in two different ways, so clarify for me, I might be wrong on both. Either you missed the fact that I say black culture, more specifically nigga culture, is an awful thing - and I get HUMOR from it. Like when I post trap rap lyrics. It's a fucking disgrace lmao, but it's really, really funny. Sorry if I'm not into birdhouse making or playing the Tuba or some other whiteboy shit.

Please, please, grow the fuck up.

I'm not the one getting buttraged. There's two sides to every story, and this forum is a very small sample size. Learn to accept that everybody doesn't agree with you. You make awesome posts and I've liked a lot of them, but you've lost some of my respect. Not that it means anything though. :lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » May 06, '15, 3:35 pm

Circled Square wrote:It isn't the systematic, government equivalent to KKK that's held us back. This isn't the 60's/70's...

Also, it's funny how Vader mentioned Kendrick Lamar. Record companies are mostly Jewish owned and hold blacks down by putting Thugnificent in the studio and having them brainwash youths with their "nigga nigga shit pussy money weed" music.

Whites on the other hand try to make you white-washed, cleanier. Jews will let you be your hood-ish self.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Circled Square » May 06, '15, 3:38 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
Circled Square wrote:It isn't the systematic, government equivalent to KKK that's held us back. This isn't the 60's/70's...

Also, it's funny how Vader mentioned Kendrick Lamar. Record companies are mostly Jewish owned and hold blacks down by putting Thugnificent in the studio and having them brainwash youths with their "nigga nigga shit pussy money weed" music.

Whites on the other hand try to make you white-washed, cleanier. Jews will let you be your hood-ish self.

It's 100% the truth. I don't see why you'd take issue with this.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » May 06, '15, 3:53 pm

Circled Square wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:

It's 100% the truth. I don't see why you'd take issue with this.

Nope.

First of all, Hip Hop has an extremely strong socio-political root because the music was based on the struggles of the poor black communities. With that being said, Kendrick is from Compton California and his music is a reflection of the unfortunate environment he had to grow up in. He tackles topics about self hatred in his community to topics about depression. Most of the subject matter of his music is a reflection of the city he grew up in and how it transformed him. Please don't be so shallow and try to dismiss his music and message because his music is incredibly empowering to the black community (and the rest of the world).

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby EmperorWu » May 06, '15, 3:56 pm

SKS wrote:
EmperorWu wrote:I don't feel we have the privilege that most white people seem to get at birth. To be judged solely as an individual, to not have to prove that you're your own person. This might be different for a lot of people.

I agree with most of what you're saying except what I put in bold. It is a bit insulting to me when a lot of people, including white people, say that we (as white people) have an enormous privilege and don't have to prove ourselves just because our skin is white. I can understand that that's what it sounds like from the perspective of a non-white person, but I deal with proving my own self-worth every day. Perhaps that's just my personality and self esteem issues, but being born white doesn't automatically give you a great life. The majority of school shooters are white, the majority of celebrities that kill themselves are white. They obviously don't have great lives if they have to resort to those actions. Black people can be rich and have great neighborhoods also. Same for any other race.

The idea that white people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth (not saying that this is what you meant, just in general when people say it) offends me. White people still have to go to school, go to work, just like anyone else would. Nothing is handed to us as a "race", and I could argue the whole financial aid/scholarship experience I went through again, but I won't, actually shows that minorities are beneficiaries in terms of getting an education. Again, it is probably just my personal experience and situation, not the same as everywhere else.

Frankly I don't even know how you got all that out of what I said. I think you might be projecting, but if I didn't get my opinion across clearly I apologize. Everyone has struggles they go through in life, some more, some less, but unless you're in someone shoes you can't know what they've overcome. To suggest that someone's life has been all lollipops and rainbows just because they are white is fucking stupid.

What I was saying is that it seems to me that white people have the privilege of being seen as individuals. Their actions are their own, and the actions of other white people don't reflect on them nearly as much as it does with minorities if at all in most communities. As a minority I feel I don't often get that privilege. When I meet new people I have to prove to them that I'm not this preconceived person they have in their head based on just how I look, and even then it just makes me an outlier.

Here's a perfect story, that is 100 percent true. When I was a kid I went to the store with my white friend. The owner of the store followed me around the whole fucking time watching me like a hawk. I have never stolen anything in my life, and I doubt I ever will. That's not how I was raised. Anyway I finally decided what I wanted and paid for it. When we left the store my friend pulled out of his pockets all the shit he had stolen. And no I was not in on it, I had no idea he was going to steal a bunch of shit. Also whenever I have seen someone steal something at a store it has always been white people. I'm not suggesting minorities don't steal from store, I'm just saying in my experience that has been the case. But that doesn't make me think that all white people are criminal thieves, because that's idiotic. I go in getting treated like a criminal in a lot of places however.

So again. My comments had nothing to do with being born with a silver spoon or suggesting all white people have a much easier life. Although if we made a list of the number of times our race has affected us in a negative way, I don't think you're winning. (Just look at Locke's one example. It wasn't even racist IMO, since he clearly said the place they went to was a grant for minorities.) It had to do with being perceived out of the gate as an individual, or as a stereotype and how that affects how you're treated in society. When someone tells me what I'm supposed to be, based on the color of my skin, it tells me I'm less than human in their eyes.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 62

Postby Circled Square » May 06, '15, 3:59 pm

Nope.

First of all, Hip Hop has an extremely strong socio-political root because the music was based on the struggles of the poor black communities. With that being said, Kendrick is from Compton California and his music is a reflection of the unfortunate environment he had to grow up in. He tackles topics about self hatred in his community to topics about depression. Most of the subject matter of his music is a reflection of the city he grew up in and how it transformed him. Please don't be so shallow and try to dismiss his music and message because his music is incredibly empowering to the black community (and the rest of the world).

Rap doesn't equal Kendrick Lamar. :lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SKS » May 06, '15, 4:02 pm

EmperorWu wrote:
SKS wrote:
EmperorWu wrote:I don't feel we have the privilege that most white people seem to get at birth. To be judged solely as an individual, to not have to prove that you're your own person. This might be different for a lot of people.

I agree with most of what you're saying except what I put in bold. It is a bit insulting to me when a lot of people, including white people, say that we (as white people) have an enormous privilege and don't have to prove ourselves just because our skin is white. I can understand that that's what it sounds like from the perspective of a non-white person, but I deal with proving my own self-worth every day. Perhaps that's just my personality and self esteem issues, but being born white doesn't automatically give you a great life. The majority of school shooters are white, the majority of celebrities that kill themselves are white. They obviously don't have great lives if they have to resort to those actions. Black people can be rich and have great neighborhoods also. Same for any other race.

The idea that white people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth (not saying that this is what you meant, just in general when people say it) offends me. White people still have to go to school, go to work, just like anyone else would. Nothing is handed to us as a "race", and I could argue the whole financial aid/scholarship experience I went through again, but I won't, actually shows that minorities are beneficiaries in terms of getting an education. Again, it is probably just my personal experience and situation, not the same as everywhere else.

Frankly I don't even know how you got all that out of what I said. I think you might be projecting, but if I didn't get my opinion across clearly I apologize. Everyone has struggles they go through in life, some more, some less, but unless you're in someone shoes you can't know what they've overcome. To suggest that someone's life has been all lollipops and rainbows just because they are white is fucking stupid.

What I was saying is that it seems to me that white people have the privilege of being seen as individuals. Their actions are their own, and the actions of other white people don't reflect on them nearly as much as it does with minorities if at all in most communities. As a minority I feel I don't often get that privilege. When I meet new people I have to prove to them that I'm not this preconceived person they have in their head based on just how I look, and even then it just makes me an outlier.

Here's a perfect story, that is 100 percent true. When I was a kid I went to the store with my white friend. The owner of the store followed me around the whole fucking time watching me like a hawk. I have never stolen anything in my life, and I doubt I ever will. That's not how I was raised. Anyway I finally decided what I wanted and paid for it. When we left the store my friend pulled out of his pockets all the shit he had stolen. And no I was not in on it, I had no idea he was going to steal a bunch of shit. Also whenever I have seen someone steal something at a store it has always been white people. I'm not suggesting minorities don't steal from store, I'm just saying in my experience that has been the case. But that doesn't make me think that all white people are criminal thieves, because that's idiotic. I go in getting treated like a criminal in a lot of places however.

So again. My comments had nothing to do with being born with a silver spoon or suggesting all white people have a much easier life. Although if we made a list of the number of times our race has affected us in a negative way, I don't think you're winning. (Just look at Locke's one example. It wasn't even racist IMO, since he clearly said the place they went to was a grant for minorities.) It had to do with being perceived out of the gate as an individual, or as a stereotype and how that affects how you're treated in society. When someone tells me what I'm supposed to be, based on the color of my skin, it tells me I'm less than human in their eyes.

I completely understand your outlook. I probably misinterpreted your post about being your own individual. I didn't mean to say you said those things about white people, it was just my thoughts on things I hear sometimes at annoy me a bit.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Messiah » May 06, '15, 4:04 pm

Circled Square wrote:Rap doesn't equal Kendrick Lamar. :lol

Holy shit, I can't be the only one who realizes how hypocritical and contradicting of a statement this is... can I? :lol

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » May 06, '15, 4:06 pm

"Rap doesn't equal Kendrick Lamar"

"Couple of dumb fuck black kids from my school = THE BLACK RACE"

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby EmperorWu » May 06, '15, 4:08 pm

Messiah wrote:"Rap doesn't equal Kendrick Lamar"

All out of rep to give. :(

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 62

Postby Hanley! » May 06, '15, 4:08 pm

Messiah wrote:

Holy shit, I can't be the only one who realizes how hypocritical and contradicting of a statement this is... can I? :lol

I unfortunately don't have the data. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » May 06, '15, 4:24 pm

I must remind myself to come back to this thread and give Messiah and Danielson all the rep.

This thread has certainly been enlightening in a very depressing way.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » May 06, '15, 4:26 pm

Messiah wrote:

I only mentioned how it's funny how he mentioned Kendrick Lamar as a segway into rap music in general.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » May 06, '15, 4:26 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Nope.

Rap doesn't equal Kendrick Lamar. :lol

So what about Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Grandmaster Flash and Furious Five, KRS One, OutKast, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Ice Cube, Kanye West (<3), Lauryn Hill, Nas, Public Enemy, Tupac, and the list goes on and on.

All of these artist have used their music to empower and uplift the black community. They address issues such as institutionalized racism, police brutality, etc in their music. How are you going to ignore the fact that Hip Hop isn't just limited to shallow shit like "money pussy drugs" (not that there's anything wrong with that type of music but that type of music doesn't have any longevity in the genre.)

I was going to write a long post to respond to a lot of your ignorant comments but @Messiah and @Everlong pretty much have stated everything that I wanted to say.

Bro, you've really got to look in the mirror and learn to love yourself. Cause I can feel the amount of self hatred you have for yourself just by reading your posts. Once you've done that, learn to show empathy and compassion towards these black communities and try to understand why they feel the way that they do. Try to understand the circumstances that landed them in the position they're in. After that, do research on how our own government neglects these communities. Do some research on how they're constantly stereotyped everyday in the media.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Circled Square » May 06, '15, 4:28 pm

Messiah wrote:"Rap doesn't equal Kendrick Lamar"

I can only go by personal experiences and by the fact blacks commit a high amount of crime compared to the size of their population. I'm sorry.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » May 06, '15, 4:29 pm

Fuck Kanye! We're taking this thread on another detour folks.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics