It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:48 am

British food

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: British food

Postby Everlong » Apr 15, '14, 10:09 am

Hey now. You honestly think I'd live in Wisconsin and eat cheese out of a can?! Give me a little more credit!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby HFX » Apr 15, '14, 10:12 am

PorkChop wrote:This site when Americans call football 'soccer' - "Guys come on, is it really that much of a big deal that we Americans have a different word for something? Let it go, man"

This site when Brits have a different word for something: "AHAHA retarded Brits!! Fucking idiots! LMAO!!!"

Edit: and why are people bringing scallops into this? Scollops and scallops are completely different things, they just have a similar spelling. No one here ever said they were the same thing. I tell you what, cock and coke are spelt quite similar, do you Americans get confused and ask the staff at McDonalds for a large cock?

Actually, better not bring cocks into this after yesterday's thread ;)

Bring cocks up again Porky. I'm a Canadian and our nations share the same average penis length.

Also the fuck is with Europeans calling a Moose an Elk? I don't know if y'all do that in the UK but I know some Euro countries do.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby PorkChop » Apr 15, '14, 10:15 am

HFX wrote:
PorkChop wrote:This site when Americans call football 'soccer' - "Guys come on, is it really that much of a big deal that we Americans have a different word for something? Let it go, man"

This site when Brits have a different word for something: "AHAHA retarded Brits!! Fucking idiots! LMAO!!!"

Edit: and why are people bringing scallops into this? Scollops and scallops are completely different things, they just have a similar spelling. No one here ever said they were the same thing. I tell you what, cock and coke are spelt quite similar, do you Americans get confused and ask the staff at McDonalds for a large cock?

Bring cocks up again Porky. I'm a Canadian and our nations share the same average penis length.

Also the fuck is with Europeans calling a Moose an Elk? I don't know if y'all do that in the UK but I know some Euro countries do.

I call them moose, never heard anyone refer to them as elk in this country.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby HFX » Apr 15, '14, 10:24 am

PorkChop wrote:
HFX wrote:

I call them moose, never heard anyone refer to them as elk in this country.

It might be Scandinavia then. I know Moose are called Elk in some parts of Europe which bugs me because we have Moose and Elk where I come from and though related they are different animals.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby prophet » Apr 15, '14, 10:29 am

Locke wrote:
Everlong wrote:lmao there is so much mad in here.

Just PorkChop.

No I'm with him tbh. Being told I'm wrong about something I know for a fact to be right by people who don't know what I'm on about is irritating. Just because Google doesn't know what a scollop is doesn't mean they don't exist. I've not taken anything to heart, it's just annoying as all.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Apr 15, '14, 10:30 am

What's the difference between America and a yoghurt?

If you leave a yoghurt for long enough, it grows a culture.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 15, '14, 10:32 am

prophet wrote:
Locke wrote:

Just PorkChop.

No I'm with him tbh. Being told I'm wrong about something I know for a fact to be right by people who don't know what I'm on about is irritating. Just because Google doesn't know what a scollop is doesn't mean they don't exist. I've not taken anything to heart, it's just annoying as all.

You guys seriously pissed? I just thought the North Americans were just joking around with you guys. You're free to mock us just as much if you want.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 15, '14, 10:34 am

Of all the things I thought would be the thing to bring down Pubtalk Forum, the last thing I would have picked was scallop vs scollop.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Apr 15, '14, 10:40 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
prophet wrote:
Locke wrote:

Just PorkChop.

You guys seriously pissed? I just thought the North Americans were just joking around with you guys. You're free to mock us just as much if you want.

I'm actually surprised at this too, it seems to be a "can dish it out but can't take it" situation. There are threads poking fun at the US all the time on here, way more so than at the UK.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby HFX » Apr 15, '14, 10:42 am

Everlong wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:
prophet wrote:
Locke wrote:

Just PorkChop.

I'm actually surprised at this too, it seems to be a "can dish it out but can't take it" situation. There are threads poking fun at the US all the time on here, way more so than at the UK.

They're just still mad at you Yanks for tossing all that tea away a couple hundred years ago.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby prophet » Apr 15, '14, 10:46 am

Everlong wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:
prophet wrote:
Locke wrote:

Just PorkChop.

It's not that at all, I'm all for us poking fun at each other and 9 times out of 10 it's a laugh. This little debate irritated more than it made me laugh that's all.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Apr 15, '14, 10:47 am

Everlong wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:
prophet wrote:
Locke wrote:

Just PorkChop.

Absolutely not. Throw me all the banter you like, I'll take it. HFX and I are going at it in the shoutbox right now.

This thread wasn't even banter, it was just people being ignorant dicks.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 15, '14, 10:48 am

I really wasn't being serious. But yeah how many posts have we had just to make fun of Americans? Also lets be honest you could probably forgive us for thinking that something was misspelled as either a typo or even the differences in how both areas spell things.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Apr 15, '14, 10:54 am

Attention:

Topic was originally locked after this post. Unlocked for move to pub classics.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Previous

Return to Squared Circle Classics