It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 3:41 am

What things did you like / hate the most about WWE Club?

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: What things did you like / hate the most about WWE Club?

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 08, '13, 7:57 pm

Since this thread has focused mostly on dislikes (almost all of which I agree with), I'll post a few things I liked.

- The Sports forum in general. I thought that forum consistently had the most active/interesting topics (granted sports are probably my #1 interest). The NFL Picks was great as well.

- NoDq's threads in the movie/tv discusiion threads were great, as were PorkChop's threads in the off topic discussion.

- The WWE-Club's 30/40/50 greatest ___ lists were usually fun too. They were usually easy to jump into and could lead to debates.

There are more things I liked about the old site, but those are the three that popped in my head when I sat down to write this.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby DBSoT » Oct 08, '13, 8:13 pm

Loved:
1) The sports thread was incredibly active and included intelligent sports fans. I can't explain enough how annoying it is to talk to sports fans who sounds like morons. I wasn't totally active on this section till later, but that should change on this site.
2) The live chat feature was cool. Not always full of users, but it did allow for good discussion during WWE shows and other events.
3) Was easy to find. It was one of the first things that came up when I looked up "WWE Forum" on Google.

Hate:
1) The Mods at times tended to have a bit of a God complex. I understand keep things on track, but its a discussion forum. Let people vent.
2) Trolls. They are everywhere on the internet, but there were a few that lingered on for too long on WWE-Club. JC, DirttheReb, and Cena54 (Unintentional troll) just to name a few.
3) Lack of NXT discussion. This may just be me, but I feel that NXT is a very legit show with a good fan base. I was surprised that we never got an update of NXT results or spoilers from the monthly tapings.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Oct 08, '13, 8:40 pm

Chewy wrote:Being banned for using a care bears sig and being nice.

And no, I am not joking about that.

Legendary. :tim

My goal with this forum is to take all the positives from the old place (great community, sports discussion, chats, good WWE discussion, knowledgeable and friendly folks) and carry it over into this new place, without the negatives (terrible moderation, inconsistent and dumb rules, etc.) I want this place to just be fun which, let's be honest, WWE-Club kind of stopped being a while ago.

To those people worried that activity here will cause the old club to go under, I hate to break it to you but... it's pretty much a done deal as it is. There are almost no positives for Bryan in keeping that site up. The smart decision is to close it so he can spare his money and sanity. But as long as we are able to get a good amount of people from that community over here, I see no reason why we can't be better in almost every way except name recognition and search engine ranking. While we might not get a ton of new outside users at first or in the future, I think we can definitely be a better run, more enjoyable community.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Chewy » Oct 08, '13, 11:50 pm

I appears the dear old club is now dead forever.

I propose a moments silence.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Twister » Oct 09, '13, 3:12 am

Positives:
- The community as a whole (with a few exceptions but you get that on every forum), that's what made me want to rejoin the club in the first place.
- The old GFX section with the tournaments and stuff, shame that it had died by the time I decided to return.

Negatives:
Basically what everyone else mentioned. I always thought Bryan had a stick up his arse for the most part. This might sound harsh but he could have done more to try and keep the old club afloat imo.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Locke » Oct 09, '13, 4:08 am

Well, that escalated quickly. :deadhorse

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Chewy » Oct 09, '13, 4:13 am

Locke wrote:Well, that escalated quickly. :deadhorse

Well look who finally decided to show up.

Good to have you here mate.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby PorkChop » Oct 09, '13, 5:05 am

Just realised, now we're here no one will have to put up with The Icon crysturbating over Manny Pacquiao. This has legit made my day :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Twister » Oct 09, '13, 8:00 am

Ohh I forgot another positive from my previous tenure on the club: Honkytonkman. He was infuriating but I kind of missed him.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Enygma » Oct 09, '13, 8:07 am

AndJusticeForAll wrote:The title of this thread makes it sound like WWE-Club has died. Bryan will probably keep it open but then if people stop going on there and come on here his member rating will drop and he'll close.

That post looks stupid now.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby HFX » Oct 09, '13, 10:15 am

reyflyinfury619 wrote:

My goal with this forum is to take all the positives from the old place (great community, sports discussion, chats, good WWE discussion, knowledgeable and friendly folks) and carry it over into this new place, without the negatives (terrible moderation, inconsistent and dumb rules, etc.) I want this place to just be fun which, let's be honest, WWE-Club kind of stopped being a while ago.

To those people worried that activity here will cause the old club to go under, I hate to break it to you but... it's pretty much a done deal as it is. There are almost no positives for Bryan in keeping that site up. The smart decision is to close it so he can spare his money and sanity. But as long as we are able to get a good amount of people from that community over here, I see no reason why we can't be better in almost every way except name recognition and search engine ranking. While we might not get a ton of new outside users at first or in the future, I think we can definitely be a better run, more enjoyable community.

That's nothing. Remember when Bryan banned me simply because he felt like it? I just go to sign in one day and I've been banned. For no damn reason except he could.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Enygma » Oct 09, '13, 10:17 am

HFX wrote:
reyflyinfury619 wrote:

That's nothing. Remember when Bryan banned me simply because he felt like it? I just go to sign in one day and I've been banned. For no damn reason except he could.

Similar thing happened to me. I got IP banned once for no reason, I sent him an email questioning it and I changed my browser and it worked :S

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby Camstud » Oct 09, '13, 10:23 am

Cris. God she was such a bitch. And Bryan. And JC was just-- well, you all know.

As for the good stuff, the GFX forums back say '06-'08 were great. When I have a bit more time I'm gonna get PS and try and get these ones going.

And nevermind this "JC was there for 9 years" stuff, plenty of us were there for basically as long and got shat all over. It's sad that it's gone but this place can become a much, much better place because of it.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby Hanley! » Oct 09, '13, 12:40 pm

There were a whole pile of people who got banned for basically no reason over the years. Plenty of people got banned just for arguing with JC, which made it even more infuriating that he survived each time. Messiah got banned once for just ... having opinions? I still don't know what happened there. Other people got kicked off for making threads that were a little silly but in no way offensive.

It was just dumb. The amount of times I remember arguing with Bryan and Cris about these things back when I was a moderator, but you could never get them to compromise on anything.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Tom » Oct 09, '13, 12:58 pm

I think the biggest positive about the club was the WCSF in its height (probably between Rev IV and Annihilation 2011). There was an awesome and enthusiastic community involved in the game at the time and it was always fun to write and read what was going on. Props goes to everyone who was involved at that time. Hopefully PCW can do the same and be enjoyable for everyone involved.

The wrestling discussion was also awesome for the first few years I joined. It was always great to share opinions and debate with the likes of Hanley, iknowcool, Tikal, FanNBham, The Legend amongst others. My interest in wrestling and debating about it has since drained but I still have fond memories of that time. I probably would have stopped watching consistently long before if it had not been for the forum.

One thing that is going to be great about this place is that it will not be run by people who want to demonstrate power and control. It's run by people who the community are friendly with so that will make this place alot more fun to post in than WWE-Club was in its dying days!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby Locke » Oct 09, '13, 6:23 pm

Chewy wrote:
Locke wrote:Well, that escalated quickly. :deadhorse

Well look who finally decided to show up.

Good to have you here mate.

Thankies! Absolutely diggin' The Cosby.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby UTK » Oct 09, '13, 6:32 pm

If I recall correctly, I was banned for retaliating at a guy who said my deceased relative was a piece of shit, or something along those lines.

But to be fair, I would've been banned for a credible reason around that time eventually anyway.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kyle » Oct 09, '13, 7:15 pm

Television and Movie discussion was a blast a few years ago with NoDQ running wild.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby PorkChop » Oct 09, '13, 7:15 pm

Kyle wrote:Television and Movie discussion was a blast a few years ago with NoDQ running wild.

Do you have any way of contacting him?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Oct 09, '13, 9:05 pm

Wait what exactly did Messiah get banned for? I remember nobody would tell me when I asked.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics