It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:32 am

THE STREAK IS OVER OMGGGG

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: THE STREAK IS OVER OMGGGG

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 06, '14, 10:05 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:My guess is that Taker knew it was his last hurah months ago and hand picked Brock Lesnar to be the guy who broke the streak.

Plus WE THE FANS kept pushing for Taker to come after Wrestlemania 25. Wrestlemania 28 and 29 was well praised here too. People wanted Punk to beat the streak but he has a total lack of respect for wrestlers/business and that's coming from a huge Punk fan

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 155

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 06, '14, 10:07 pm

As much as I think the roster should have lined the ramp as Taker walked up, I would love to have seen what happened when he made it through the curtain. I just pictured Lesnar there crying and hugging him since I thought they were actually friends.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Chewy » Apr 06, '14, 10:12 pm

Did they confirm it was his last match?

Never any indication in the arena of that.

Everyone just fucking stopped when the three count went down, because not one person expected the streak to end.

In fact I said to the wife, they could shoot the cunt in the face and he would stay down...

And then it happened....

And the internet broke.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Messiah » Apr 06, '14, 10:34 pm

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 06, '14, 10:45 pm

Interestingly, the reaction throughout the rest of the web isn't nearly as positive as it is here to Taker losing the streak to Lesnar, Lots of people unhappy with it.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Apr 06, '14, 10:46 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Interestingly, the reaction throughout the rest of the web isn't nearly as positive as it is here to Taker losing the streak to Lesnar, Lots of people unhappy with it.

Yeah it's a pretty big split on Reddit.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 06, '14, 10:48 pm

Everlong wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:Interestingly, the reaction throughout the rest of the web isn't nearly as positive as it is here to Taker losing the streak to Lesnar, Lots of people unhappy with it.

Yeah it's a pretty big split on Reddit.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with Lesnar ending it, but the shock factor, the genuine reactions, I don't think you'd be able to recreate like they were here if it was anyone else to end the streak when it probably would have been foreshadowed more. That ending and the facial expressions of the fans will be played forever.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby motionmann » Apr 06, '14, 11:22 pm

Anyone who didn't watch it live and found out about it on the internet or some other means will never truly experience the feeling of watching it all go down live. It was one of the most surreal things I've ever witness in the world of wrestling.

If you're a wrestling fan who missed it happen live, I'm sorry.

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby Chewy » Apr 06, '14, 11:31 pm

motionmann wrote:Anyone who didn't watch it live and found out about it on the internet or some other means will never truly experience the feeling of watching it all go down live. It was one of the most surreal things I've ever witness in the world of wrestling.

If you're a wrestling fan who missed it happen live, I'm sorry.

Like guy sitting in front of who got so drunk he was passed out through this and the main event.

Just imagine that for a moment. You bought tickets to WRESTLEMANIA and was too fucked up to see the Streak end and Bryan win.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Twister » Apr 07, '14, 12:58 am

I'm shocked, I honestly thought it would never end. Didn't sound like the greatest match ever but it's a shame I couldn't watch it.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 07, '14, 2:00 am

It really wasn't a bad match at all, but after the amazing card before it I can see how some people's attention was drifting. It was a solid big man match, reminiscent of Undertaker vs Vader from Canadian Stampede but not quite as good. Still, a perfect show, I've never leapt out of my seat screaming in positivity more than this show.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby blackparade » Apr 07, '14, 4:00 am

I think my jaw stayed dropped for about 5 minutes. That, and I lost my excitement for the title match. Totally surreal.

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Postby PorkChop » Apr 07, '14, 6:03 am

VaderBomb wrote:It really wasn't a bad match at all, but after the amazing card before it I can see how some people's attention was drifting. It was a solid big man match, reminiscent of Undertaker vs Vader from Canadian Stampede but not quite as good. Still, a perfect show, I've never leapt out of my seat screaming in positivity more than this show.

I can't see how you can say it wasn't a bad match - it was shite, easily the worst match of the night. I feel a lot of people are overlooking that because Lesnar won. It majorly failed to live up to expectations.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Daz » Apr 07, '14, 6:10 am

PorkChop wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:It really wasn't a bad match at all, but after the amazing card before it I can see how some people's attention was drifting. It was a solid big man match, reminiscent of Undertaker vs Vader from Canadian Stampede but not quite as good. Still, a perfect show, I've never leapt out of my seat screaming in positivity more than this show.

I can't see how you can say it wasn't a bad match - it was shite, easily the worst match of the night. I feel a lot of people are overlooking that because Lesnar won. It majorly failed to live up to expectations.

Which is exactly why I'm glad they did the finished they did. The match was slow, plodding, and I could go on and on about how many shades of awful it was. Taker doesn't deserve of all the blame for that, as Lesnar needed to up the pace but he just sort of ambled around looking as cumbersome as Taker did. The streak ending made for a huge moment, and already people are forgetting about the awful match that preceded it.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby xgamr » Apr 07, '14, 6:59 am

I think people aren't mad at the streak being broken, but how it was broken. and maybe some parts to whom as well.

but if concussion is legit and happened early on, maybe thats why match was bad.

and can we say this was the worst streak match because how bad it was (not because streak ended in the match)

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 07, '14, 9:59 am

xgamr wrote:I think people aren't mad at the streak being broken, but how it was broken. and maybe some parts to whom as well.

but if concussion is legit and happened early on, maybe thats why match was bad.

and can we say this was the worst streak match because how bad it was (not because streak ended in the match)

lol, no. This isn't even close to being the worst streak match. Giant Gonzales, Diesel, King Kong Bundy, Big Bossman, Sycho Sid, Big Show/A-Train..

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Daz » Apr 07, '14, 10:28 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
xgamr wrote:I think people aren't mad at the streak being broken, but how it was broken. and maybe some parts to whom as well.

lol, no. This isn't even close to being the worst streak match. Giant Gonzales, Diesel, King Kong Bundy, Big Bossman, Sycho Sid, Big Show/A-Train..

The Diesel match was better than that.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 07, '14, 10:44 am

Daz wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:

The Diesel match was better than that.

I'd say the Diesel match was about even with last night the others sucked.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Previous

Return to Squared Circle Classics