It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:09 pm

THE STREAK IS OVER OMGGGG

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: THE STREAK IS OVER OMGGGG

Postby Locke » Apr 06, '14, 9:05 pm

Ding dong the witch is dead!

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby War Daddy » Apr 06, '14, 9:06 pm

I cant even imagine Chewy right now.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby PorkChop » Apr 06, '14, 9:13 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:I cant even imagine Chewy right now.

Right now Chewy probably looks something like this

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Stvtayl » Apr 06, '14, 9:15 pm

If only I'd put money on it, Lesnar was 20-1 to win :banghead

My All time Fave 6 Diva's & Knockouts :)
Stvtayl None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 15

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 06, '14, 9:17 pm

I was shocked.The arena was silent my party was silent. HOLY FUCK!

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Racing Guy » Apr 06, '14, 9:19 pm

At first I thought the ref wasn't supposed to hit 3, or that Taker was too late kicking out. It just didn't seem like Taker would get beat.........ever.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby JDD » Apr 06, '14, 9:20 pm

The complete silence was crazy. Especially since his music didnt play. I was in shock. Shitty match, but a unforgettable moment.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Viazon » Apr 06, '14, 9:22 pm

As far as the criticism towards the announcers for this match goes, I don't there any other way they could have acted. Sure, they could have done better doing the announcing for other matches during the night, but as far as this match ending went, I think completely saying nothing was the best way to go. They may not have said anything, but they were selling it in a way. When Lesnar won, the whole arena was in shock, as were the announcers. What happens when you are shocked? You go speechless. You don't know what to say. I was the same way. The fact that they said nothing just added to how shocking the situation actually was. I'm really not sure what they could have done to sell the situation more.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Everlong » Apr 06, '14, 9:24 pm

Viazon wrote:As far as the criticism towards the announcers for this match goes, I don't there any other way they could have acted. Sure, they could have done better doing the announcing for other matches during the night, but as far as this match ending went, I think completely saying nothing was the best way to go. They may not have said anything, but they were selling it in a way. When Lesnar won, the whole arena was in shock, as were the announcers. What happens when you are shocked? You go speechless. You don't know what to say. I was the same way. The fact that they said nothing just added to how shocking the situation actually was. I'm really not sure what they could have done to sell the situation more.

I think their reaction would have had much more weight if they hadn't spent the entire match mumbling and with moments of awkward silence. They needed to sell the action of the rest of the match, THEN do their shocked silence at the end. It was just all handled very poorly.

Incredible camera work though to capture some awesome crowd reactions.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby iMike » Apr 06, '14, 9:27 pm

Everlong wrote:
Viazon wrote:As far as the criticism towards the announcers for this match goes, I don't there any other way they could have acted. Sure, they could have done better doing the announcing for other matches during the night, but as far as this match ending went, I think completely saying nothing was the best way to go. They may not have said anything, but they were selling it in a way. When Lesnar won, the whole arena was in shock, as were the announcers. What happens when you are shocked? You go speechless. You don't know what to say. I was the same way. The fact that they said nothing just added to how shocking the situation actually was. I'm really not sure what they could have done to sell the situation more.

I think their reaction would have had much more weight if they hadn't spent the entire match mumbling and with moments of awkward silence. They needed to sell the action of the rest of the match, THEN do their shocked silence at the end. It was just all handled very poorly.

Incredible camera work though to capture some awesome crowd reactions.

iMike Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 15

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 06, '14, 9:30 pm

WWE needs to put a gallery on their site of all the shots of the shocked fans they showed. There were some epic ones.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Ace » Apr 06, '14, 9:31 pm

Stunned. I'm absolutely stunned...

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 06, '14, 9:33 pm

WWE got what they wanted from the moment. I think they ended it because it was getting to a point where the streak was bigger than the WWE Championship and everything else on the card.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Messiah » Apr 06, '14, 9:34 pm

Ace wrote:Stunned. I'm absolutely stunned...

Stone Cold Stunned?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby Racing Guy » Apr 06, '14, 9:37 pm

At least now I don't have to worry about Cena ending the streak.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby Georgerv » Apr 06, '14, 9:48 pm

Appalling, absolutely awful. Why the fuck build up that streak only to have it broken by a part-timer. Not only a part-timer but one that had already quit the business once before?

Fucking shocking booking.

Not only that but you can put money on 5 maybe 10 years from now nobody remembering this Wrestlemania for Daniel Bryan finally getting his moment, but it will be remembered as when Taker lost the streak.

I couldn't be more in disagreement with this decision, no build to the match, awful announcing, pretty underwhelming match, and a winner that absolutely didn't need the victory.

Terrible

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby Everlong » Apr 06, '14, 9:51 pm

Georgerv wrote:Not only that but you can put money on 5 maybe 10 years from now nobody remembering this Wrestlemania for Daniel Bryan finally getting his moment, but it will be remembered as when Taker lost the streak.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this -- that was a pretty epic celebration at the end and the fans went nuts when Bryan won.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 06, '14, 9:54 pm

Georgerv wrote:Appalling, absolutely awful. Why the fuck build up that streak only to have it broken by a part-timer. Not only a part-timer but one that had already quit the business once before?

Fucking shocking booking.

Not only that but you can put money on 5 maybe 10 years from now nobody remembering this Wrestlemania for Daniel Bryan finally getting his moment, but it will be remembered as when Taker lost the streak.

I couldn't be more in disagreement with this decision, no build to the match, awful announcing, pretty underwhelming match, and a winner that absolutely didn't need the victory.

Terrible

Because Taker doesn't trust most wrestlers. Look at how Punk acted like a total BITCH and walked out on the company. Imagine if he ended the streak, the guy who walks out on the company and treats everyone like assholes ends the streak.

Lesnar and Taker are really good friends and Lesnar is someone who would honor the streak and stay true to Taker.

How do you not know Roman Reigns would walk out from the company 2-3 years from now? I hate the part timer logic because Taker is a part timer himself.

Also, I think Taker was getting sick of his career just being affiliated with the streak. His work as the Ministry Taker, American Bad Ass, and Deadman is so fucking amazing. Plus, this is going to generate interest in the WWE from the mainstream because everyone knows about the Undertaker's streak, I still think it's the #1 trend still on Twitter.

It was getting to the point where the streak was bigger than everyone else on the card, I'm glad Taker gave it up. He won't have to live with that burden anymore.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 06, '14, 9:57 pm

My guess is that Taker knew it was his last hurah months ago and hand picked Brock Lesnar to be the guy who broke the streak.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 06, '14, 10:03 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:My guess is that Taker knew it was his last hurah months ago and hand picked Brock Lesnar to be the guy who broke the streak.

This, I highly doubt Taker's would lose the streak unless he wanted to and it was to the guy he wanted to do it.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics