It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:21 am

Dating thread

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: Dating thread

Postby PorkChop » May 15, '15, 1:06 pm

Sometimes being single sucks, so you have a quick look on Plenty of Fish at what girls are in the local area, and realise maybe being single isn't so bad after all...

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » May 15, '15, 2:23 pm

But there are times where you are so single, Susan Boyle starts to look like Pixie Lott.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby War Daddy » May 15, '15, 4:04 pm

As long as I have my right hand, I'll never be single.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Hanley! » May 15, '15, 4:05 pm

^^ Your right hand is particularly good with the ladies, is it?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kein » May 16, '15, 1:51 am

I just keep focusing on myself instead of how much I want a woman. I try to get out and socialize but no dice. Sometimes it feels like it is more effort than it is worth.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby PorkChop » May 16, '15, 10:12 am

Went to a pub last night, got drunk, tried to start a conversation about Pokemon with two barmaids but didn't get anywhere.

First barmaid: While she's pouring me a pint, I ask what her favourite Pokemon is. She looks at me like a weirdo, replies "None of them". I pay for my pint and walk away.

Second barmaid: We have a short conversation and she makes some sort of flirty comment. I didn't catch it, so I just nodded, fake-laughed and just said "yeah!". I then ask her what her favourite Pokemon is. She replies "The big orange fire dragon, but I'm more of a Game of Thrones fa-"

I stopped listening at this point. If you don't know Charizard by name, you can go fuck yourself.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Daz » May 16, '15, 10:16 am

PorkChop wrote:Went to a pub last night, got drunk, tried to start a conversation about Pokemon with two barmaids but didn't get anywhere.

First barmaid: While she's pouring me a pint, I ask what her favourite Pokemon is. She looks at me like a weirdo, replies "None of them". I pay for my pint and walk away.

Second barmaid: We have a short conversation and she makes some sort of flirty comment. I didn't catch it, so I just nodded, fake-laughed and just said "yeah!". I then ask her what her favourite Pokemon is. She replies "The big orange fire dragon, but I'm more of a Game of Thrones fa-"

I stopped listening at this point. If you don't know Charizard by name, you can go fuck yourself.

I do the same thing with X-Men lineups. Which explains almost entirely why I'm single.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Kirbi » May 16, '15, 4:26 pm

PorkChop wrote: If you don't know Charizard by name, you can go fuck yourself.

You can't argue with that. :cheers

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Viazon » May 19, '15, 12:42 pm

So, two girls I were chatting to before who I thought had no interest in me have both just messaged out of the blue again. Both interested in meeting. Add that to four different girls I have been chatting to from various online dating sites who have all also expressed interest in meeting. Plus this one lady I met in Butlins who I have stayed in contact with wants me to come and see her.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 19, '15, 12:55 pm

^Sorry to drag the past back out Vince, but any sightings of that girl who you had your heart set on?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Viazon » May 19, '15, 1:04 pm

I'm not sure which one you mean. There have been a fair few girls in the past I have had my heart set on. Regardless, none of them ended well.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » May 19, '15, 2:50 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:^Sorry to drag the past back out Vince, but any sightings of that girl who you had your heart set on?

Based on his recent posts in the football thread, he's moved on to several Sky Sports News presenters instead.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » May 19, '15, 2:51 pm

PorkChop wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:^Sorry to drag the past back out Vince, but any sightings of that girl who you had your heart set on?

Based on his recent posts in the football thread, he's moved on to several Sky Sports News presenters instead.

That's only in my imagination.

Life is so much better in there.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 19, '15, 3:00 pm

Viazon wrote:I'm not sure which one you mean. There have been a fair few girls in the past I have had my heart set on. Regardless, none of them ended well.

The lady at work who you were keen on?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » May 19, '15, 3:05 pm

Any chance we can rename this thread from "Dating Thread" to Viazon's Story Hour? :P

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Viazon » May 19, '15, 3:07 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Viazon wrote:I'm not sure which one you mean. There have been a fair few girls in the past I have had my heart set on. Regardless, none of them ended well.

She moved back to Poland and got engaged to her boyfriend. :(

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SlightlyJames » May 19, '15, 3:26 pm

Viazon wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:

She moved back to Poland and got engaged to her boyfriend. :(

So you're saying there's a chance!

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby War Daddy » May 20, '15, 2:06 pm

Just joined an Interracial Dating site. Found one of my friend's sister on there.

May the odds be ever in my favor.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Hanley! » May 20, '15, 2:13 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Just joined an Interracial Dating site. Found one of my friend's sister on there.

May the odds be ever in my favor.

I'm not going to go judging you, man, but if you're going to make a play for your friend's sister, maybe don't use a tool that will document this attempt. That way, if she doesn't go for it, you have plausible deniability with your mate afterwards. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » May 20, '15, 2:19 pm

Interesting story, while on the subject. I got matches with my friend sister. Well, I say friend. I guess he is more of a friend of a friend. I used to hang out with him a lot when I was younger, but it was only because we had a mutual friend. I haven't seen him in years. Anyway, I got matched with her and we started talking. I thought she looked familiar but I wasn't sure. I just ended up asking her if she was his sister and it turns out she was. We got talking for a while and she said she wouldn't tell him we were chatting. In all honestly, I wouldn't say that I think I would have been interested in her. I only got matched with her because I swipe right for everyone. The impression I got from her is that if I played my cards right, I could get laid. But she was most definitely just up for fun and wanted a relationship. I thought it was best not to go down that road. Just didn't seem worth it. It wouldn't be right and the amount of trouble it could cause in the long run could be big. I cooled it off with the messages and haven't heard from her in some time now.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics