It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:48 am

Dating thread

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Dating thread

Postby PorkChop » Jan 24, '14, 6:18 am

Myself and a few others (Tim, Prophet, Danielson) got talking in the shoutbox yesterday about dates, thought it would be a good idea to get a thread going. Share stories, advice, whatever.

I signed up to Plenty of Fish last night (I'd had a few beers, don't judge) and managed to get myself a date next month with a reasonably good looking girl. We're going to have a look round a castle near where she lives, then grab drinks after. The castle thing was her idea not mine, but it sounds interesting! I shall post a follow up on how it went.

Advice - if you're going to break up with a girl, do it in McDonalds. Hear me out. There's no knives or any other sharp cutlery, no plates... you're safe. And even if she calls you a wanker and storms out, you can treat yourself to some delicious chicken nuggets afterwards.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Dating thread

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jan 24, '14, 11:47 am

Well PorkChop, you've convinced me to sign up for POF. Let's see how it goes..

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 155

Postby Everlong » Jan 24, '14, 12:27 pm

If you're looking for a good free online dating site you should use www.okcupid.com. Plentyoffish has a terrible interface, is difficult to browse and the people that use it are for some reason pretty trashy.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Viazon » Jan 24, '14, 12:42 pm

I have been on Plenty Of Fish for ages. At first, I managed to meet a few girls from there, but the last year or so, I don't even get any replies or anything. Pretty soul destroying. People always tell me to try online dating. I don't wanna admit to them that I already am.

Anyway, good luck on your date Porkie. Hope it goes well.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 24, '14, 12:52 pm

Plenty of Fish?

Hmm - I'm registered on one mainly Muslim marriage website which hasn't garnered much attraction so this POF might be worth a browse.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Jan 24, '14, 12:57 pm

Viazon wrote:I have been on Plenty Of Fish for ages. At first, I managed to meet a few girls from there, but the last year or so, I don't even get any replies or anything. Pretty soul destroying. People always tell me to try online dating. I don't wanna admit to them that I already am.

Anyway, good luck on your date Porkie. Hope it goes well.

It is soul destroying, and I've only been signed up for a day :lol

My area seems to be filled with young single mothers, mingers or smoking hot girls. However, you know that the hot ones have got an inbox of about 5000 messages, and you know your message will just be a drop in the ocean.

I got an email last night saying that a girl wanted to meet me. Clicked on her profile, and there was a box of text explaining that she was actually born a man, but has since had her penis cut off. Great.

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Plenty of Fish?

Hmm - I'm registered on one mainly Muslim marriage website which hasn't garnered much attraction so this POF might be worth a browse.

The good thing about POF is that is allows you to see who's in your area before you sign up... but most girls on there are a tad trashy, from my one night of experience :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Jan 24, '14, 5:54 pm

Is it like eBay then?

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 24, '14, 6:00 pm

Chewy wrote:

Is it like eBay then?

I wish it was. Probably best chance I've got of finding someone! Just buy them instead.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Chewy » Jan 25, '14, 12:07 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Is it like eBay then?

I wish it was. Probably best chance I've got of finding someone! Just buy them instead.

Oh fuck right off, you could have a head like a fucking broken asshole and you'll find someone nice. You're too nice of a fella not to.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby SKS » Jan 25, '14, 12:13 am

I have had a nice steady relationship with my hand for the past 7 years. Things are going great. 8)

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby War Daddy » Jan 25, '14, 3:07 pm

I went onto that Ok Cupid site, and it's been nothing but fat chicks.

Thanks Tim, thanks a lot.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby PorkChop » Jan 25, '14, 3:48 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:I went onto that Ok Cupid site, and it's been nothing but fat chicks.

Yeah, I signed up to it as well tonight. I've had a similar experience.

Cheers, Tim :lol

EDIT: I have since got a girl's number on OKC who seems hot. I take back my criticisms, Tim.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby UTK » Jan 25, '14, 4:56 pm

I'm not on any online dating sites. I'm too young to give up using normal social interactions.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Jan 25, '14, 4:59 pm

UTK wrote:I'm not on any online dating sites. I'm too young to give up using normal social interactions.

That's stupid. One, it's not like anybody's saying that trying online dating means you have to completely stop meeting people in other everyday situations. Two, considering there's a pretty significant chunk of people who have used or are using online dating sites at this point, to portray it as being abnormal is pretty ignorant.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jan 25, '14, 5:32 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:I went onto that Ok Cupid site, and it's been nothing but fat chicks.

Yeah, I signed up to it as well tonight. I've had a similar experience.

Cheers, Tim :lol

EDIT: I have since got a girl's number on OKC who seems hot. I take back my criticisms, Tim.

Yeah, what the hell Tim. Abunch of fat girls or extremely weird looking ones.

Anyhow, I think people should check out the app Tinder. It's for the IPhone and Android. A lot more young people on there and you'll prolly get more success off that.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Viazon » Jan 25, '14, 5:37 pm

Fat chicks need love too. I may have to check out this okcupid.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Everlong » Jan 25, '14, 5:59 pm

PorkChop wrote:EDIT: I have since got a girl's number on OKC who seems hot. I take back my criticisms, Tim.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Hanley! » Jan 25, '14, 7:06 pm

Everlong wrote:
UTK wrote:I'm not on any online dating sites. I'm too young to give up using normal social interactions.

That's stupid. One, it's not like anybody's saying that trying online dating means you have to completely stop meeting people in other everyday situations. Two, considering there's a pretty significant chunk of people who have used or are using online dating sites at this point, to portray it as being abnormal is pretty ignorant.

I saw an article in the paper the other day that showed research supporting the idea that something like 40% of relationships will start online 10 years from now. It's just how things seem to be going.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kein » Jan 26, '14, 2:01 am

I have not tried any online dating services but I have been in a long distance relationship before which makes me weary of the whole thing. I know most of these tend to show you people in the area, but I also don't like the idea of paying for a membership to some of these sites.

One of my friends told me about match.com or something like that, I guess its more of a site where they set up events for single people, and everyone there can go to the event and enjoy it for itself along with meeting someone among the large group who attends. I have been single for 2 years, I am a little tempted to try something like this out mostly because I am just super busy these days. I work, I work out, I eat, I sleep. Aside from special nights out with friends, I don't got much of a way to really meet new people. So it is tempting...

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby UTK » Jan 26, '14, 8:26 am

Everlong wrote:

I guess I forgot to add a smiley face to that post.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to Squared Circle Classics