It is currently: May 14, '24, 10:41 pm

Dating thread

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: Dating thread

Postby Daz » Oct 31, '14, 10:11 am

I gotta agree with the others, it is your place as a human being to not let this sort of chicanery stand. And if it happens to reconcile your friend with a woman he likes and gets her out of a shitty situation in the process, all the better

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Kirbi » Oct 31, '14, 3:04 pm

PorkChop wrote:She looks like she belongs in Jabba's Palace.

Like Princess Leia in a gold bikini?

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 11

Postby Daz » Oct 31, '14, 3:13 pm

Kirbi wrote:
PorkChop wrote:She looks like she belongs in Jabba's Palace.

Like Princess Leia in a gold bikini?

I'm guessing she's more like a Rancor.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Kein » Oct 31, '14, 6:15 pm

L has given her a chance and it's up to him if he wants to really get through to a girl with this much lack of self-respect. I think Porkchop can help too, but let's not really get too carried away here. While they both have good intentions, A really has no one but herself to blame here. Getting pulled into the relationship is one thing, but getting dragged around on a fuck-train is a whole nother realm. It sucks, and these guys can try to help but sometimes you have to help yourself and learn from this kind of shit.

If A is crying in depression, but refuses help from these fellows, they've done all they can at the moment. You can't help someone who isn't willing to be helped.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Viazon » Nov 16, '14, 9:06 am

I have so many people who keep saying to meet I should try online dating to help me find a girl. I'm too ashamed to admit to them I already am.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Philip Rivers » Nov 16, '14, 9:18 am

Viazon wrote:I have so many people who keep saying to meet I should try online dating to help me find a girl. I'm too ashamed to admit to them I already am.

y r u ashamed tho? isn't this something more and more acceptable, especially in the era we live in now n days?

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 100

Postby Viazon » Nov 16, '14, 9:20 am

Philip Rivers wrote:
Viazon wrote:I have so many people who keep saying to meet I should try online dating to help me find a girl. I'm too ashamed to admit to them I already am.

y r u ashamed tho? isn't this something more and more acceptable, especially in the era we live in now n days?

No. You misunderstand.

I'm ashamed that I am already trying it and I still can't find someone.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Nov 16, '14, 10:53 am

Viazon wrote:
Philip Rivers wrote:

No. You misunderstand.

It's really the same as it is in real life, it takes a while to find someone who clicks. I was doing online dating for a couple years before I found someone that I actually wanted to be with for a long-term deal.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Philip Rivers » Nov 16, '14, 2:11 pm

Viazon wrote:
Philip Rivers wrote:

No. You misunderstand.

just because you have a more resourceful way to meet people over the web, doesn't mean you're meeting the right people.

its always a process. always.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Kein » Nov 16, '14, 6:33 pm

Viazon wrote:
Philip Rivers wrote:

No. You misunderstand.

Shouldn't be ashamed of not being able to meet someone online. It's actually harder to meet someone online than in person because there is a much stronger screening process everyone goes through. Sure, it "gets you out there" but if you don't meet what people want, and its very easy for them to find something they don't, you are less likely to get a response. Don't sweat it man.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby PorkChop » Nov 18, '14, 6:09 pm

FWIW - A and M broke up and it wasn't pretty. I shall elaborate if it's what the people want.

Been texting this insanely hot girl I used to work with a lot lately. I mentioned it in the chatbox the other week that it felt like I was diffusing a bomb, one wrong move and I'm toast. Things seem positive though - we've spoken a lot about meeting up when she gets back from uni. She mentioned going away together for a weekend to a zoo which is a fair few miles away (I know right) and also watching films together round mine. I told her I was down for that. Still feels like I'm diffusing a bomb, though.

Not sure where to go from here though. She seems interested though I'm the type who'll need her to spell out her interest in big flashing letters in front of my face before I get the message.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Nov 18, '14, 7:03 pm

I wouldn't mind an elaboration.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Nov 19, '14, 8:47 am

^Ditto

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Nov 20, '14, 12:02 pm

I'll post the story over the next few days, it's still unfolding and I'll post what I know when I have the time.

Also, I finally had the nuts to tell the hot girl I've been texting how I felt about her, and she responded saying the same. I'm pretty hyped about that - but she still wants to go all the way to a zoo which is like 100 miles away, and said we could turn that into a date.

A date at the zoo is cool and all that, but I keep subtly pushing for something a little closer to home for the first date. She seems to have her heart set on this zoo though. I'm not really sure what to do.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Nov 20, '14, 1:21 pm

Go to the zoo. Zoos are cool. Plus there'll be a lady there. I don't see the problem. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Philip Rivers » Nov 21, '14, 7:31 pm

PorkChop wrote:
A date at the zoo is cool and all that, but I keep subtly pushing for something a little closer to home for the first date. She seems to have her heart set on this zoo though. I'm not really sure what to do.

Go big or go home.

So really, go to the Zoo.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Postby SortaCreative » Nov 21, '14, 8:36 pm

PorkChop wrote:A date at the zoo is cool and all that, but I keep subtly pushing for something a little closer to home for the first date. She seems to have her heart set on this zoo though. I'm not really sure what to do.

just go to the zoo you dick

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Nov 22, '14, 5:18 am

Alright, I'll go to the fucking zoo :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Jan 28, '15, 1:35 pm

Been a long time since this thread was updated. Thread Necrmancy is fun. HOW WAS THE ZOO SIR?!?!?

I have been killing myself. Over the holidays, I met a wonderful woman. She and I spoke for hours on end and loved getting to know each other. Only problem is, she really lives about 1200 miles away. So now... Yeeaaah....

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby PorkChop » Jan 28, '15, 1:54 pm

Update on zoo girl: She is now my girlfriend. Still no zoo trip though, but I'm working on that.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics