It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:44 pm

Dating thread

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: Dating thread

Postby Viazon » Feb 04, '14, 5:53 pm

HFX wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:
Viazon wrote:Bad news. Her boyfriend is also going. :(

It's over. Don't even go, have some self respect.

[img]<span%20class="skimwords-unlinked">http://i.imgur.com/aegpR.gif</span>[/img]

But really don't do this Viazon. Forget her, I mean you can still be friends I guess but don't do this. It will be awkward and uncomfortable and just unpleasant. You're a good guy and judging from the photos you post not bad looking. Find someone single and do awesome fun things with her.

Trust me, I have no intention of going. I know she probably just sees me as a friend and think it wouldn't be a big deal if we all went together. She said, "maybe you and him can become friends." But it just sounds like it would be awkward and awful. Especially when the whole time I would be thinking, "I wanna bang your girlfriend."

I do have some interest in going to this show though. A couple of other people from work are interested as well so may see if us lot can go together.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby HFX » Feb 04, '14, 6:08 pm

Viazon wrote:
HFX wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:
Viazon wrote:Bad news. Her boyfriend is also going. :(

It's over. Don't even go, have some self respect.

[img]<span%20class="skimwords-unlinked">http://i.imgur.com/aegpR.gif</span>[/img]

But really don't do this Viazon. Forget her, I mean you can still be friends I guess but don't do this. It will be awkward and uncomfortable and just unpleasant. You're a good guy and judging from the photos you post not bad looking. Find someone single and do awesome fun things with her.

Trust me, I have no intention of going. I know she probably just sees me as a friend and think it wouldn't be a big deal if we all went together. She said, "maybe you and him can become friends." But it just sounds like it would be awkward and awful. Especially when the whole time I would be thinking, "I wanna bang your girlfriend."

I do have some interest in going to this show though. A couple of other people from work are interested as well so may see if us lot can go together.

Just invite some other girl you know. Going as a group could be fun but going on a date could make it special.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby Viazon » Feb 04, '14, 6:16 pm

There is only one single girl I know and she has already rejected me. Any other girls I know have boyfriends.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby HFX » Feb 04, '14, 6:43 pm

Viazon wrote:There is only one single girl I know and she has already rejected me. Any other girls I know have boyfriends.

:sherman

Summer is still a good ways away homie. You got plenty of time to meet some nice girl who likes Kings of Leon and who likes you. Buy two tickets whenever they go on sale and try and find someone.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Viazon » Feb 05, '14, 1:17 pm

They have already gone on sale. Probably sold out for all I know. I suppose I could buy two, if I could. I'm sure I could find one person to go.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SKS » Feb 05, '14, 5:51 pm

Viazon wrote:They have already gone on sale. Probably sold out for all I know. I suppose I could buy two, if I could. I'm sure I could find one person to go.

I'll go with you.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Kein » Feb 05, '14, 10:55 pm

Go with a bunch of people and just trying to have fun pays off too though. Try not to be outcome dependent on getting a girl and try to make friends in general, guys and girls. Networking gets you to meet new people and their new people and the web continues on.

In fact going in itself, you could get drunk have fun meet some people THERE and find new friends and spread your web of friendship from that point too. If it's not far from where you live, you can enjoy the music for what it is, if you don't meet people, it still probably beats sitting around at home wondering what could have happened at that concert. If the concert sucks, you can trek home and know you at least tried and you wont regret not going.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Viazon » Feb 06, '14, 4:45 pm

SKS wrote:
Viazon wrote:They have already gone on sale. Probably sold out for all I know. I suppose I could buy two, if I could. I'm sure I could find one person to go.

I'll go with you.

Sure, if you're willing to come to England.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Feb 06, '14, 4:47 pm

My POF message reply rate must be about 0.01%. I wish I was kidding.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby HFX » Feb 06, '14, 4:58 pm

PorkChop wrote:My POF message reply rate must be about 0.01%. I wish I was kidding.

Tweak your profile or something. Maybe slightly lower your standards :lol

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby PorkChop » Feb 06, '14, 5:00 pm

HFX wrote:
PorkChop wrote:My POF message reply rate must be about 0.01%. I wish I was kidding.

I've done both several times :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Feb 06, '14, 5:04 pm

PorkChop wrote:
HFX wrote:

That's 0.01% more than me.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby HFX » Feb 06, '14, 9:18 pm

Viazon wrote:
PorkChop wrote:
HFX wrote:

That's 0.01% more than me.

Maybe Brits just aren't using POF. Maybe target London cause they have a shit load of people. Or try okcupid or something like that. Maybe go talk to girls in real life out in the real world or something :P

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby PorkChop » Feb 07, '14, 8:43 am

Girl messaged me this morning saying hey, I replied asking how she was, she then went into a ton of detail about how she's 7 months pregnant and has been eating Marmite out the jar for three solid days. She then started asking about how much money I have, and whether I'd have sex with a pregnant girl.

My fucking life.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby HFX » Feb 07, '14, 9:18 am

PorkChop wrote:Girl messaged me this morning saying hey, I replied asking how she was, she then went into a ton of detail about how she's 7 months pregnant and has been eating Marmite out the jar for three solid days. She then started asking about how much money I have, and whether I'd have sex with a pregnant girl.

My fucking life.

So what are you waiting for? This is obviously your soulmate :rotf

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Viazon » Feb 07, '14, 1:52 pm

PorkChop wrote:Girl messaged me this morning saying hey, I replied asking how she was, she then went into a ton of detail about how she's 7 months pregnant and has been eating Marmite out the jar for three solid days. She then started asking about how much money I have, and whether I'd have sex with a pregnant girl.

My fucking life.

Fuck it. Send her my way.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Feb 07, '14, 1:54 pm

That's pretty standard for dudes online, haha.

AT LEAST YOU'RE TRYING.

Do you have very many situations in your everyday life where you can meet girls too? Get out and involved in community service or clubs or something.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Feb 07, '14, 2:23 pm

Everlong wrote:

That's pretty standard for dudes online, haha.

AT LEAST YOU'RE TRYING.

Do you have very many situations in your everyday life where you can meet girls too? Get out and involved in community service or clubs or something.

Yeah I do, though everyone here seems to have boyfriends, hence why I gave online dating a crack.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 07, '14, 3:27 pm

Not that I've ever done it but try speed-dating? - got to better than the tripe you're dealing in atm.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Feb 14, '14, 4:11 pm

A girl that I asked out a few months back who turned me down started going out with a fedora-wearing neckbeard today. I'm not even kidding, he is the human embodiment of all those atheist/fedora/'le gentleman' memes.

I do have a date coming up soon, so it's not all bad. But damn.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics