It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 2:37 am

Dating thread

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: Dating thread

Postby Viazon » Jan 26, '14, 3:05 pm

So, I am interested in this girl from work. One of probably the only girl from work who is single. We hung out New Years Eve. Thought things were going well. I have tried to ask her out since but seems to always be busy. I figured I might as well stop messing around and just get to the point. So today, while we were texting, I told her I liked her and that I wanted to take her out on a date.

She hasn't texted back. :(

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby HFX » Jan 26, '14, 3:22 pm

First this thread should be stickied as it is a great idea

Viazon wrote:So, I am interested in this girl from work. One of probably the only girl from work who is single. We hung out New Years Eve. Thought things were going well. I have tried to ask her out since but seems to always be busy. I figured I might as well stop messing around and just get to the point. So today, while we were texting, I told her I liked her and that I wanted to take her out on a date.

Obviously the thought of you wanting her made her so wet she got extremely dehydrated and passed out. You should go find her and fill her with fluids.

But really I don't know man. Maybe she's just kinda shocked/surprised and needs to think things over a bit. She obviously likes you if she's been hanging with you but maybe she thought y'all were just friends. I know I've made that mistake. But still she could be thinking things over about your friendship. Or maybe she feels kinda put on the spot and overwhelmed. It's times like this I wish we had a decent sized number of women to give us clueless gents advice.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby Viazon » Jan 26, '14, 3:28 pm

HFX wrote:First this thread should be stickied as it is a great idea

Viazon wrote:So, I am interested in this girl from work. One of probably the only girl from work who is single. We hung out New Years Eve. Thought things were going well. I have tried to ask her out since but seems to always be busy. I figured I might as well stop messing around and just get to the point. So today, while we were texting, I told her I liked her and that I wanted to take her out on a date.

Obviously the thought of you wanting her made her so wet she got extremely dehydrated and passed out. You should go find her and fill her with fluids.

But really I don't know man. Maybe she's just kinda shocked/surprised and needs to think things over a bit. She obviously likes you if she's been hanging with you but maybe she thought y'all were just friends. I know I've made that mistake. But still she could be thinking things over about your friendship. Or maybe she feels kinda put on the spot and overwhelmed. It's times like this I wish we had a decent sized number of women to give us clueless gents advice.

Well on New Years Eve, I let slip to her cousin that I liked her. And I seriously doubt she kept it to herself. But it didn't put her off speaking to me. Also, I have dropped little hints that I may like her and it hasn't put her off. But this is the first time I straight out said it. She does sometimes take a while to text back, so maybe that's what happened. Either way, I work with her, so I am gonna see her eventually.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 26, '14, 4:02 pm

^What did her cousin say when you told her? Did she say she anything that she might be interested etc?

I'd give it time. If not then it'll be awkward and I would probably ignore her but you could not do that so probably might be best to laugh it off kinda thing?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby GNR » Jan 26, '14, 4:07 pm

Guys, there's this wonderful girl who I'd like to go to prom with. Prom's in late April, so when should I pull the trigger?

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby Viazon » Jan 26, '14, 4:56 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:^What did her cousin say when you told her? Did she say she anything that she might be interested etc?

I'd give it time. If not then it'll be awkward and I would probably ignore her but you could not do that so probably might be best to laugh it off kinda thing?

Her cousin asked if I wanted her to talk to her to see if she would be interested in me but I told her not to. I thought it would be better if I tried to do it myself. Although, her cousin did say that she was talking me up before I met them out, and she was saying what a good guy I was. I told her not to tell her I liked her but they seemed pretty close so she most likely did. Looking back, it did seem like her cousins was showing a bit of interest as well. Perhaps I should have tried it on with her instead.

In any case, she has actually texted me back. Basically got what I suspected. She isn't interested in dating anyone at the moment but still wants to be friends. At least I know now.

GNR wrote:Guys, there's this wonderful girl who I'd like to go to prom with. Prom's in late April, so when should I pull the trigger?

Get on it quick . If she is wonderful, there are probably other guys interested in asking her. If you leave it too long it may be too late.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Jan 26, '14, 5:21 pm

GNR wrote:Guys, there's this wonderful girl who I'd like to go to prom with. Prom's in late April, so when should I pull the trigger?

Probably pull the trigger on it as soon as you can, so someone else doesn't snatch her up. Particularly if you're on good terms with her. You can ask her to go with you without there being any romantic implications and you can read by her actions whether she's interested in you romantically or just as a friend. If she turns you down, it won't be embarrassing because it was just a friendly overture.

I wish you luck anyway, man. I ended up not taking anyone to my prom because the girl that I wanted to go with me ended up being on holiday at that time (genuinely, it wasn't just a way of blowing me off as she had originally asked me). I was sad about not going with anyone and ended up getting more drunk than I've ever been in my life. :lol

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby War Daddy » Jan 26, '14, 5:51 pm

Go up to here and ask her to feel your shirt, then ask her "Do you kn0ow what kind of material that is?". When she says no, tell her "Boyfriend material".

Then ask her to prom.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Hanley! » Jan 26, '14, 5:56 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:

Go up to here and ask her to feel your shirt, then ask her "Do you kn0ow what kind of material that is?". When she says no, tell her "Boyfriend material".

Then ask her to prom.

I need an honest answer to whether or not this has ever actually worked for you.

If it has, then I doff my cap, sir. :cheers2

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby GNR » Jan 26, '14, 6:05 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:

Then ask her to prom.

:lol

We're really good friends, and were planning on doing a Valentine's Day exchange thing. Trouble is, I have no clue what I would do for that. Do y'all think then would be a good idea to do it?

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby JDD » Jan 26, '14, 6:07 pm

Get on it quick man. There was a girl i wanted to ask and i put it off thinking i had time, but some other guy asked and she said yes so now im probably not going to prom :( :lol

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby War Daddy » Jan 26, '14, 6:55 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:

Then ask her to prom.

I need an honest answer to whether or not this has ever actually worked for you.

Honest to god, it worked on a girl who I'm currently in talks with. Great ice breaker but it's like a 1 in 5 shot :lol

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Ali » Jan 26, '14, 6:59 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:
Hanley! wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:

Then ask her to prom.

Honest to god, it worked on a girl who I'm currently in talks with. Great ice breaker but it's like a 1 in 5 shot :lol

I thought only people from Wisconsin liked that much cheese...

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Viazon » Jan 26, '14, 7:01 pm

I once the "how much does a Polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice" line once. The girl thought it was corny and cheesy but she did stick around chat to me for most of the night. So I wouldn't say it was particularly a failure.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Chewy » Jan 26, '14, 7:12 pm

After you've fucked her.

Fucking dead chicks is a slippery slope my friend.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby PorkChop » Jan 27, '14, 5:17 pm

Three days in. Online dating is soul destroying.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Jan 27, '14, 5:20 pm

PorkChop wrote:Three days in. Online dating is soul destroying.

POF is the worst sometimes. There have been times where I have seen a profile and I am genuinely interested in the girl. I read her profile and she seems perfect. Same interests, nice personality, what have you. I think, I'm gonna message this girl. Then I click on the message button and a little message saying I am not aloud to message her. It's BS.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Jan 27, '14, 5:22 pm

Viazon wrote:

POF is the worst sometimes. There have been times where I have seen a profile and I am genuinely interested in the girl. I read her profile and she seems perfect. Same interests, nice personality, what have you. I think, I'm gonna message this girl. Then I click on the message button and a little message saying I am not aloud to message her. It's BS.

The worst is when you do message her and she doesn't even respond.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Jan 27, '14, 5:31 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Viazon wrote:

The worst is when you do message her and she doesn't even respond.

I figured there was something wrong with me. I mean, I don't just message anyone. I only message girls who seem to be a good match for me and who I reckon might message me back.

After not receiving any replies, I tried one day literally sending a message to about 50 girls. I left it for a day and went back. Still nothing.

I have a couple of friends who even say they never get replies. Maybe they get so many messages, they just don't bother.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Matteo » Jan 29, '14, 5:14 am

The best part about going overseas, for me, was exploiting the Australian stereotype and getting rewarded for it. Word of advice: if you ever travel internationally, emphasize the accent, exaggerate the stereotype, and make up a lot of shit. It worked for me very well in NYC. Not Boston, though - fuck that place. I guess the same applies if you are doing online dating, too, I guess.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics