It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 1:20 am

Dating thread

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: Dating thread

Postby War Daddy » Jan 28, '15, 2:29 pm

Still single.

:crybaby

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby Kein » Jan 28, '15, 2:30 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Still single.

Know that feel bruh...

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 15

Postby War Daddy » Jan 28, '15, 2:36 pm

Kein wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:Still single.

Know that feel bruh...

Ill enjoy this pizza tho.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Kein » Jan 28, '15, 10:21 pm

Bulkamania? Wait wrong thread.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Viazon » Feb 08, '15, 1:01 pm

Guys. I am in a very unusual situation. I currently have two potential love interests.

I went out on two dates this weekend. Well, one was a date, the other one was more of a day out. I went to Butlins last week and met this girl. I spent most of the night with her and we exchanged numbers at the end of the night. We have been texting and talking on the phone all week before we met in London yesterday. We had a nice day out before staying the night in a hotel.

The other girl is someone a friend of mine at work has introduced me to. She wanted to try and set me up with her and arranged a get together between the three of us Friday night. However, her friends actually suggested that it would be best if it was just me and her who met up. We went out for a few drinks, had a nice little chat and left agreeing that we would get together again some point. I see both of them as potential girlfriends and I have been weighing out the pros and cons.

Girl 1.

Pros:

1. Genuinely one of the nicest girls I have ever met.
2. Very pretty. Would say slightly prettier than girl 2.
3. Easy to get along with.
4. Is definitely interested in me, because she has made it so very clear.
5. Similar interests.
6. Would make great wife material.

Cons:

1. Lives outside London. About a hour away from me. I would prefer it if she was closer. Seeing her would cost effort and money.
2. Bit on a large side. Nothing wrong with that and totally superficial from my end but just telling it how it is.
3. Fair bit older than me. She's 35. I'm 28. Not too bad but I always imagine settling down with someone nearer my age.
4. We spent the night in a hotel room. Needless to say, things happened. And I have to say, disappointing. Could have been better. I'll admit it and say that both of us may have been at fault. It just didn't feel right.

Girl 2.

Pros:

1. While not as prettier as girl 1, she has a great smile and when she laughs, she is gorgeous.
2. Smoking hot body.
3. Really great girl.
4. She lives in my town. Seeing her would be easy.
5. Already have mutual friends.
6. Has already stated the fact that she is looking for something serious and wanting to settle down.
7. At 32, while still being older, is more nearer to our age.

Cons:

1. She's Polish and therefor English is a second language. No huge deal, but I'd prefer if there was no problem with communication. Although her English is pretty good.
2. Although I said she looks gorgeous when she laughs, she sometimes make certain faces which makes her look a little bit like my cousin. It's a bit off putting.
3. We have only met once and nothing has happened, so I am not sure if she will even be into me in that way yet. I guess we will find out once we go on a couple of more dates.
4. As far as wife material goes, I'm sure she would be a great one and as I stated, is already open to the idea. However, and this is just be stereotyping, I don't know if she would stay loyal. And I am strictly basing that on the fact that I have know of numerous foreign girls, mostly Polish, who don't seem to be faithful to their SOs. However, she seems like a decent girl with morals so I would to think that she is not like that.

I'm kind of torn of both of them. They both have things about me that puts me off wanting a relationship with either of them. Yet, when I talk or hang out with them, all I kept thinking was how it would be nice to have any of these two as my girlfriend.

I guess I just gotta get to know them a bit better as see how it goes. At the end, Viazon may actually end up with a freakin' girlfriend! Wish me luck.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Twister » Feb 08, '15, 2:57 pm

From my point of view, I would say whilst both girls have 'potential', girl 1 would be a better match for you. Purely based on what you've written because obviously I don't know you personally. I'm no expert but the fact that you find her easy to get along with, have similar interests and you think she would make great wife material is a very positive sign. As these 3 things are important when it comes to relationships and deciding on a potential partner. IMO most of her 'cons' are things that either don't matter that much in the grand scheme of things, can be changed or will change if things work out:
- The distance. If things go well, you may end up living together at some point, before the relationship gets to that point you can take it in turns to travel to each other, or meet half way.
- Weight can be lost, though of course only if she wants to lose it, although if you find her pretty and attractive it doesn't really matter either way.
- Age I'd say is irrelevant in this case, mainly because you have similar interests and she's easy to get along with. I don't see how her being a few years older would change anything.
- 'Things in the bedroom' can be improved as time goes on and you get to know each others bodies better, don't write her off in that department just yet. Communication is key.

Girl 2 seems great too, but a lot of her cons I would find more difficult to look past, if you get what I mean. Especially the whole looking like your cousin thing when she makes certain faces.

Totally up to you of course, just thought an outsiders perspective might help a little. There's nothing stopping you from going on a few dates with both of them and getting to know them better before you make a decision. Good luck, hope it all works out!

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Viazon » Feb 08, '15, 3:03 pm

Well it's still early days for both and I'm not getting ahead of myself with any of them. I'm gonna take it slow and get a chance to know both of them a bit better.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Feb 11, '15, 4:50 am

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if Friends has taught me anything, it's that making a pros and cons list probably isn't the best way to kick off a relationship.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Viazon » Feb 11, '15, 6:11 am

It's ok. I don't have Joey and Chandler for friends.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Feb 11, '15, 8:26 am

Viazon wrote:It's ok. I don't have Joey and Chandler for friends.

Printers are also more reliable, although not by much.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Locke » Feb 11, '15, 8:27 am

Plenty of those on here. :lol

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Daz » Feb 11, '15, 8:38 am

Locke wrote:

Plenty of those on here. :lol

Oh god, I just realized I'm a sad amalgamation of Chandler and T.S from Mallrats. Only I don't get to bang Claire Forlani or Courtney Cox at the end.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Locke » Feb 11, '15, 12:07 pm

Mmmm Claire Forlani...

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Feb 11, '15, 12:08 pm

Daz wrote:Only I don't get to bang Claire Forlani or Courtney Cox at the end.

You don't know that.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Feb 11, '15, 12:41 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Daz wrote:Only I don't get to bang Claire Forlani or Courtney Cox at the end.

You don't know that.

I know I probably wouldn't want to at this point ... I can do better.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Locke » Feb 11, '15, 7:15 pm

Claire Forlani was smokin' hot in some Camelot show a year or two ago, she's aged like a fine, fine wine.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Daz » Feb 12, '15, 2:21 am

Holy fuck, I forgot Camelot existed. Game of Thrones really did fuck that show right in the arse.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Viazon » Feb 13, '15, 5:14 am

I just remember a couple more pros and cons for the girls. Pretty big ones for me.

Girl 1. Smokes.

Girl 2. Doesn't smoke.

I hate smoke.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Kein » Feb 13, '15, 11:43 am

Give it time, whichever feels more natural. Wracking your mind over it too much will make things cloudy.

I am head over heels for a girl now and I feel like anytime we hang out its superb, and then I have time to sit and think, and then I think something is wrong. When nothing is. Just relax, see how things feel, and you will eventually know what you want.

Be more active, think less.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Viazon » Feb 22, '15, 6:46 am

Kein wrote:Give it time, whichever feels more natural. Wracking your mind over it too much will make things cloudy.

I am head over heels for a girl now and I feel like anytime we hang out its superb, and then I have time to sit and think, and then I think something is wrong. When nothing is. Just relax, see how things feel, and you will eventually know what you want.

Be more active, think less.

That's my problem. When I am with either of these girls, (I have only been on one date each with either of them) it's been great. I could really picture myself with either of them for a long time. However, when I'm not with them, as you have just said, I think about it too much and I feel like I don't want to be with any of them.

I think my problem is that I have been single for a long long time and I think I am starting to get use to it, or perhaps even like it. I always thought I really wanted a girlfriend. However, I meet my first potential girlfriend for years and all I can think about is that meeting her at the weekend will get in the way of my down time where I stay in my room and do nothing. One girl, I met her in London and hung out all day. It was a fantastic day and everything, don't get me wrong. But still, I kept thinking, this is taking up my whole day. I'm worried something is wrong with me.

It would be perfect if I could just skip all this dating and getting to know each other stuff and just fast forward straight into a serious relationship.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics