It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:42 am

Dating thread

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: Dating thread

Postby Kein » Feb 24, '15, 12:35 am

That is definitely some of the hoops you have to jump through when it comes to meeting people. I think right now you feel like it is getting in the way because even though you have a good time with them you are being realistic (which is good) about how invested you really are in them.

You have already told us about some of the hesitations you have, and those are in your mind aside from "me time" which is also really really important. I am not sure if you are used to being single and really enjoy your own time, or if you just really like the idea of having a girl. That's something up to you to figure out.

It's been a little over 2 weeks since you posted this, how many times have you hung out now? I kinda think at this point (if you have hung out with them a couple times) if you aren't really into either of them, maybe you should think about cutting it off. No one wants to be strung along for something that's really not there ya know?

It kinda sucks letting it go, but if there is no spark there is no point in forcing it, cause that sucks way worse. The only other way I can think of another outcome is if you tell them, you want a really low stress/casual relationship kinda deal.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 15

Postby Viazon » Feb 25, '15, 5:39 pm

Since posting that, to be honest, I haven't seen any of them. However, I still talk to both of them every day. It has been difficult because we always have plans or sometimes they are working when I am off so it was been hard to arrange seconds dates with either of them. And I do believe I need to go on at least a second date just to be completely sure.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby Kein » Feb 26, '15, 3:11 pm

Yea one date isn't really enough, but also telling that if you guys try to set something up and can't make it happen. Go on ze dates.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Daz » Feb 27, '15, 11:42 am

Friend convinced me to sign up for Plenty of Fish. Today it decided to match me up with my own sister. I know we're form Norfolk but that's taking the piss a bit.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Feb 27, '15, 12:01 pm

Daz wrote:Friend convinced me to sign up for Plenty of Fish. Today it decided to match me up with my own sister. I know we're form Norfolk but that's taking the piss a bit.

:lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Kein » Feb 27, '15, 1:10 pm

Is she hot?

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby SKS » Mar 13, '15, 5:55 pm

Kein wrote:Is she hot?

yes.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Viazon » Mar 13, '15, 6:43 pm

Daz wrote:Friend convinced me to sign up for Plenty of Fish. Today it decided to match me up with my own sister. I know we're form Norfolk but that's taking the piss a bit.

So.....your er.....sister is on Plenty of Fish eh?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Apr 05, '15, 3:58 am

Got brutally dumped about two months ago by zoo girl. She turned out to be a really horrible person and a bit too immature for me as well. It was a real kick in the nuts though as I had quite high hopes about us until she showed her true colours.

Currently happy with my new girlfriend, Palmela Handerson, for the time being.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Apr 05, '15, 4:02 am

PorkChop wrote:Got brutally dumped about two months ago by zoo girl. She turned out to be a really horrible person and a bit too immature for me as well. It was a real kick in the nuts though as I had quite high hopes about us until she showed her true colours.

Currently happy with my new girlfriend, Palmela Handerson, for the time being.

Hey. I thought Pamela Handerson was my girlfriend. I had tender loving sex with her twice yesterday. Then once this morning. This is very disconcerting.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Locke » Apr 07, '15, 1:56 pm

Palmela has many sisters who share the same name, I am told.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Viazon » Apr 08, '15, 4:50 pm

So, those two girls I was talking about earlier. Haven't heard from any of them in weeks.

No big deal. They were nice girls but honestly I didn't see anything long term with any of them.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Locke » Apr 08, '15, 5:37 pm

Bachelor life ain't so bad. No one to tell you "no." Drink beer when you wanna drink it! Smoke weed when you wanna smoke it! Eat those hot pockets when you wanna eat 'em! And then have loads of health problems and diarrhea, but dammit, you did it because you could.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Kein » Apr 08, '15, 6:09 pm

They probably felt the same vibes as you. Sometimes it's easier to fade out than just break it off. Since you ain't butt hurt about it, it's all good. Just keep on lookin I guess, if that's what you want.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Viazon » Apr 08, '15, 6:12 pm

Kein wrote:They probably felt the same vibes as you. Sometimes it's easier to fade out than just break it off. Since you ain't butt hurt about it, it's all good. Just keep on lookin I guess, if that's what you want.

They probably did. I mean, they were nice girls and we got along sure. But people don't belong together just because they are nice. Sometimes people just know when something is or isn't there. And while I was willing to get to know both of them and see where it went, my gut feeling with both of them told me that neither of them were someone I could realistically see myself with.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Kein » Apr 08, '15, 9:45 pm

Yea, I completely agree. I went on a date to test the waters with a girl a year ago, and we were both courteous and got along because we both had very open minds about things, but we didn't have much in common. So even though we got along there just wasn't a spark in chemistry and it was like "eh" haha.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Viazon » May 07, '15, 2:27 pm

Advice time guys.

Been chatting with this girl who I met on Tinder. We have been texting everyday. She seems really nice. Things have been going well and we are talking about meeting one day soon.

But she has three kids already and is going through a bitter break up with her ex. Would you get involved? I have never minded when a girl has a kid, but three? That seems like too much. This is still very early days so who knows how far it would even go. But it's got me thinking.

Last edited by Viazon on May 07, '15, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Kirbi » May 07, '15, 2:52 pm

Snap judgement says -

* Good for casual (you see her away from the kids, it's chill/fun time for you both, etc.)

* Potential crazy mess for anything else! She's got a lot going on, and it seems like you'd probably end up being in deep pretty quickly - meeting kids, getting cursed out by the ex, possibly getting hated on by the kids too if the ex is their dad... And if you're not in deep that fast, would that mean you'd be trying to begin a relationship while being closed out of a lot of her life?

I dunno, man. I say proceed with caution. I mean, even if you both wanted the seriousness, it sounds like a tough situation. But, as I said, casual could work easy, once you both know what to expect.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Viazon » May 07, '15, 3:06 pm

Well her ex is only the dad to one of her kids. Her youngest. Her first two were fathered by someone else. So that's three kids by two dads. Her ex had promised her that he would stayed and take care of them all. But he has since walked out on her, telling her that he wants nothing to do with her first two kids and will only provide for his. Which, as he is the only one who is biologically his, he is well within his right to do, even though it was a scumbag thing to go back on his promise. She had said that her eldest is really upset about it because he saw him as his dad and now he has abandoned him. So it is a bit of a messy situation.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Kein » May 07, '15, 6:22 pm

As long as you don't push too fast or hard to get to know her kids and she doesn't expect you to I don't see it being a big problem. You seem to enjoy your "me" time and she will have to have a lot of kid time so that could separate the two of you from going crazy.

Seeing as the last one was a father figure don't get near the kids. Don't ask to, don't oblige to.

I agree with Kirbi, start it extremely casual. Go out with her and only her. Does she want male company? Does she want a new dad? These are all things you need to figure out before you commit so test the waters as far as you please but be honest with her.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics