It is currently: May 01, '24, 5:14 pm

ROH Stars Reportedly Sign With TNA

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

ROH Stars Reportedly Sign With TNA

Postby Kreashko » Jan 02, '16, 1:48 am

Former Ring Of Honor Tag-Team Champion Michael Bennett and his real-life wife, former WWE Diva and ROH performer Maria Kanellis, have both reportedly signed deals with TNA Wrestling, according to the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

According to the weekly newsletter, Bennett and Kanellis likely received a big deal, one that is financially guaranteed in nature.

Bennett and Kanellis, along with the third member of their on-air team, Matt Taven, finished up with Ring Of Honor last month when they dropped the ROH Tag-Team Titles to War Machine at the ROH “Final Battle” event. Bennett and Kanellis officially wrapped up business with ROH at the television tapings the day after the Final Battle event, as it was the final date on their contracts.

In related news, TNA has also wanted to “shore up” their roster by making sure their key players are under official contracts and that they acquire whatever talent that they can, as long as it makes financial sense.

TNA handled their last cable television move the same way, as just prior to and immediately following their debut on Destination America, they re-signed those that had deals that were about to expire and pursued outside free-agents in an attempt to freshen the brand.

It’s also worth mentioning that TNA has been airing mysterious vignettes promoting “The Miracle” for their debut episode of Impact Wrestling on POP TV, their new cable home now that the company no longer has a deal with Destination America. There are those who feel this could be the build to the TNA debuts of the former ROH stars, however that is strictly speculation at this point.

The premiere of Impact Wrestling on POP TV is scheduled to air live for two-hours this coming Tuesday, January 5th, beginning at 9pm EST.

Link - SEScoops.com

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 45

Re: ROH Stars Reportedly Sign With TNA

Postby Hanley! » Jan 02, '16, 7:40 am

It's going to take some time and a lot of positive talk before I can get excited about anything in TNA or give them another chance. So mostly I''m just sad that they're gone from Ring of Honor. Hopefully they at least get a good spot with TNA.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 02, '16, 9:00 am

I know a lot of people who are big ROH fans don't like Bennett especially but he's always seemed decent to me. I don't quite get the hate. Maria has been fantastic from what I've seen of her in ROH as a manager, light years better than what she was in WWE.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jan 02, '16, 9:37 am

Yeah, I haven't been watching long enough to really have a good impression of how good Bennett is, but I like Maria a lot. She's really come a long way in terms of personality. She makes a great manager.

It was Kingdom's heel vs heel match against The Addiction a few weeks ago that got me interested in watching Ring of Honor again. That was just such a fun match. Really simple idea, but done really well.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Twister » Jan 04, '16, 10:34 am

Great. I just wish this World Title Series would end already, I've not watched in weeks because I just find it unbearably boring.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby UTK » Jan 04, '16, 3:35 pm

Hahah what the fuck is "POP TV"

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 04, '16, 8:25 pm

UTK wrote:Hahah what the fuck is "POP TV"

I have been told that its former name was "TV Guide"

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Return to General Wrestling Discussion