It is currently: May 12, '24, 8:23 pm

Macho Man Randy Savage.

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Macho Man Randy Savage.

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 21, '15, 1:47 pm

Ended up watching the Sky Sports offering of Macho Man Randy Savage - a sad watch. Compared to the ego's you see in wrestling, he was the complete opposite and delivered a charismatic character in his peak, he died at 58 - looked quite well at the time of his passing. Don't know the ins and outs of his falling out with Vince but he doesn't seem to get the acclaim of Hogan.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Macho Man Randy Savage.

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 21, '15, 6:14 pm

Savage may not get the acclaim from WWE as Hogan, at least he didn't, he might now :P , but he gets lots of acclaim from anybody who was around during his career, from wrestlers to fans to announcers. He was right there with Hogan throughout those years and then reinvented himself in the late 90's to a new audience in WCW.

There's lot of rumours about his falling out with Vince, the most widely used crazy one is that Savage slept with a very young Stephanie McMahon and took her virginity. This has never been proven and seems to be an old wives tale people like to believe because of it's luridness.

The other one is that Savage was essentially forced out of WWF because Vince thought he was past his prime. Savage then left to WCW, and took his lucrative Slim Jim sponsorship with him to WCW. This is probably more plausible.

Savage was a bit of a loose cannon, so I could believe that he would hold a grudge for a long time. It's too bad he never got one last chance on a Raw or PPV for the fans to show their appreciation.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Nov 21, '15, 7:05 pm

Macho Man is in my top three favorite wrestlers of all time and would probably fall into my top 5 greatest overall of all time.

He had everything. Outrageous character perfect for his era, mic skills to charm an entire audience, excellent athletic ability, incredible storylines, feuds and relationships.

I was absolutely heartbroken when he died, the only wrestler death from the last 10-15 years that even touches that for me in terms of how sad it was was Eddie's. He was just larger than life.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Kreashko » Dec 29, '15, 6:50 pm

Everlong wrote:Macho Man is in my top three favorite wrestlers of all time and would probably fall into my top 5 greatest overall of all time.

I'm totally there right with you. Macho is my second favorite wrestler of all-time (just behind The Rock) and to think that I grew up and first started watching wrestling in the late 90's.

Macho was...Macho was Macho. He was a high flyer for his day but still had the technical skills to be great and his promos are some of the best I've ever seen.

R.I.P. Macho Man - "Ohhhhhhhhhh YEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to General Wrestling Discussion