It is currently: May 05, '24, 11:21 am

Who's going to win the tournament?

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who's going to win the tournament?

Postby The Legend » Nov 29, '13, 9:25 am

So I was just wondering what everyone's opinion on the world heavyweight championship tournament is? I don't think we'll get the Angle vs Roode final that they seem to be selling and wanting us to believe will be the match. I have a feeling that Roode will interfere in the Angle vs Magnus match to have Magnus advance and depending on the order of the matches they may have Angle interfere to give Hardy the win as well.

Either way I think Magnus winds up winning the final match to become the new champion.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Who's going to win the tournament?

Postby Settee » Dec 01, '13, 8:19 pm

I think Hardy vs Magnus would be a good match, just as long as Magnus comes out on top.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 49

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 06, '13, 12:59 pm

I don't like the fact that Magnus vs Hardy is the final match of the tournament. Hardy has been having good matches lately, but him as TNA champ again wouldn't interest anybody. Magnus is an even worse option in my opinion. I think he's overrated and bland. They've done such a great job of consistently pushing the guy, but it bugs me because Austin Aries is doing nothing and he's way better.

There's a good chance Styles will return as soon as one of them wins, setting up a champion vs champion match, but all guys are babyfaces so I don't see that being very interesting either.

So I predict that Magnus will turn heel, side with Dixie, arrogantly proclaim himself to be the "real world champion", and feud with the returning AJ.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 06, '13, 1:22 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:I don't like the fact that Magnus vs Hardy is the final match of the tournament. Hardy has been having good matches lately, but him as TNA champ again wouldn't interest anybody. Magnus is an even worse option in my opinion. I think he's overrated and bland. They've done such a great job of consistently pushing the guy, but it bugs me because Austin Aries is doing nothing and he's way better.

There's a good chance Styles will return as soon as one of them wins, setting up a champion vs champion match, but all guys are babyfaces so I don't see that being very interesting either.

So I predict that Magnus will turn heel, side with Dixie, arrogantly proclaim himself to be the "real world champion", and feud with the returning AJ.

I agree that magnus is bland although I don't know about over rated. He is good in the ring but from what I can tell he has no delivery when it comes to promo's and he does not have the ability to wow the crowd. He reminds me of guys like bobby lashly and dean malenko, they all had the look and ability to deliver great matches but they could never deliver a overall story performance to get people to really get behind them.
Now, a heel magnus might be different in terms of promo's and crowd reaction if they play it right but IMHO they have allready dropped the ball on that to by not having him turn heel against angle last night. As of right now angle is far more relevant and over than hardy is with the crowd so magnus turning on angle would have had a much larger impact than if he turns on hardy.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Hanley! » Dec 06, '13, 8:58 pm

Magnus isn't bad on the mic actually. He's the one young guy they've had who's been getting over - he can talk pretty well and he's good in the ring. He's the only interesting option for champion right now. With that being said, he's another guy that they're turning heel for no reason. People wanted to like him. He had momentum. And he's been heel less than a year ago.

Just like Chris Sabin, they're only turning him out of lack of creativity and an unwillingness to commit to a real push. It makes me sad for the company.

Hardy being in the finals is ridiculous. He's barely had story-lines in months, but consistently they'll throw him into the end of a tournament just for the sake of it. When guys like Bad Influence can't do so much as win a match despite being two of the most talented and popular guys in the company at the moment. It boggles the mind. They really don't know how to make the most of their talent.

Magnus will win, but it's hard to care now. The whole tournament was a rushed idea. Too many of the wrong people won. And it's really hard to tell where this angle is going and almost impossible to be confident that it will end up anywhere good.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby xgamr » Dec 06, '13, 9:42 pm

since i know what happens i wont say a thing. but its pretty dumb what occurs in the future

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Return to General Wrestling Discussion