It is currently: May 08, '24, 9:56 pm

Jeff Jarrett returns to TNA (Just as WTF as it sounds)

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Jeff Jarrett returns to TNA (Just as WTF as it sounds)

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 24, '15, 9:22 pm

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/Jeff_Jarrett_and_Karen_Jarrett_Return_to_TNA_Global_Force_Wrestling_Working_with_TNA.html

Jeff Jarrett and wife Karen Jarrett appeared on tonight's TNA Impact Wrestling from Orlando. Jarrett was wearing a Global Force Wrestling t-shirt and acknowledged they are co-founders of the company. It appears there could be some working relationship between the two companies soon.

Jarrett promised to talk more about GFW at a later date but said he was contacted by TNA officials last week to set up a conference call about an offer they had. Jarrett said he was boarding a plane and didn't even reply at first but got to wondering what they might want. Jarrett said he contacted TNA and they wanted him to come back for a match. Jarrett said he wanted to hang up at that point but they told him they wanted him in his own match - King of the Mountain, at Slammiversary.

Jarrett went on to talk about some highlights from TNA over the years, naming AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Beer Money, Eric Young and others. Jarrett said he's put his blood, sweat and tears into GFW and had to really think about how a TNA return would affect the GFW roster and staff. Jarrett got emotional when talking about how his wife would react to returning to TNA. Karen also spoke on the mic and said GFW is their future. At first, she told Jeff not to contact TNA but he laid it out for her and she understood that TNA was still his baby. Karen said she still doesn't completely understand why they are here but she loves and supports her husband. Karen also said Jeff didn't leave TNA on his own terms as he was fired in a backstage pre-tape by Sting. She told Jeff that he's going to leave on his own terms now and will make things right at Slammiversary.

Jeff then declared himself in King of the Mountain. He said he will walk the TNA aisle one last time to climb the ladder and be King of the Mountain. The Jarretts were received well by the TNA fans.

What the....? Just what.....

Is this the most TNA thing ever?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Jeff Jarrett returns to TNA (Just as WTF as it sounds)

Postby Circled Square » Jun 24, '15, 9:24 pm

That Dixie must have the....

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jun 24, '15, 11:27 pm

With Jeff Jarrett, Vader, crimson, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, homicide and who else showing up in recent weeks I would say there is some deal going on we don't know about between ROH, Lucha Underground, TNA, GFW and Destination America

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 25, '15, 12:09 am

Well, so much for Jarret saying he wasn't going to wrestle in the foreseeable future. This is a pretty shocking turn of events though and I'm certainly intrigued by it.

Westcoastvibes wrote:With Jeff Jarrett, Vader, crimson, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, homicide and who else showing up in recent weeks I would say there is some deal going on we don't know about between ROH, Lucha Underground, TNA, GFW and Destination America

The Alliance Version 2, reassembling to try to bring down WWE once more.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Jun 25, '15, 5:24 am

This is conceivably interesting. It's almost like Destination America or TNA or somebody is almost pulling strings to do what Vince McMahon did all those years ago. They are taking all the best of all the indies and creating one big company the way they are going right now. It could be the way to develop into a threat to WWE, I don't know.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 25, '15, 7:15 am

The Legend wrote:This is conceivably interesting. It's almost like Destination America or TNA or somebody is almost pulling strings to do what Vince McMahon did all those years ago. They are taking all the best of all the indies and creating one big company the way they are going right now. It could be the way to develop into a threat to WWE, I don't know.

Umm... Vader, Crimson, Jeff Jarrett, and Hernandez are not taking down WWE. And certainly I don't trust Destination America or TNA to have the brainpower to do anything of the sort.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Jun 25, '15, 7:52 am

Yeah so I'm confused, is there like an alliance between GFW and TNA now or what? This is really strange.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Jun 25, '15, 9:09 am

This has killed my optimism for GFW completely.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 25, '15, 9:38 am

Everlong wrote:Yeah so I'm confused, is there like an alliance between GFW and TNA now or what? This is really strange.

The latest rumour, unsubstantiated though, is there might be an "invasion" type angle. Which is ridiculous because I don't even know who on GFW's roster could even do it as most of them are under contract with other companies. Not to mention GFW's roster isn't all that good anyway.

PorkChop wrote:This has killed my optimism for GFW completely.

Totally, GFW was supposed to be something new, at least Jarrett claimed. Now he's already getting into bed with TNA and is going to get the TNA stink all over GFW. This just proves Jarrett just has no clue how to run things.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jun 25, '15, 10:20 am

Could it be that the carters have lost interest in TNA and GFW (aka Toby Keith) is buying it out? Sort of like a brand merger but re labled to GFW?

This would be the easiest way for GFW to acquire a television deal with some decent talent.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Jun 25, '15, 10:53 am

Maybe I'm the weird one here, but I don't find this strange at all. Nor do I think it's bad business. Based on Brett's title, I thought maybe Jarrett had abandoned GFW and gone back to TNA as one of the controlling forces behind the scenes again. That would have been bizarre. This is just simple co-promotion. And it's not a bad move, as far as I can tell.

Jarrett is coming in for his signature match to hopefully attract a few more eyeballs and a few more buys for Slammiversary. It's TNA's first pay per view in a while, so they're going to want to do what they can to make sure it's a success and that it's not a financial disaster. They need to give people a reason to buy it. Jarrett on the other hand gets plenty of exposure for his new promotion by talking about it on TNA, and GFW is going to need a lot of exposure in the coming months. And as much as people talk shit about TNA, they still have more viewers than any wrestling promotion in the US that isn't WWE.

If it's not beneficial to one party, I reckon that's probably TNA. It's hard to know how many extra buys Jeff Jarrett will bring in 2015. But I can see why they might have wanted to take that chance. On Jarrett's part, I see no downside here. Maybe people might think he shouldn't associate with TNA, and therefore get TNA's stink on GFW, but that seems hugely presumptuous to me. There's no link between the two now, he's just using one to promote the other.

Maybe down the line he'll swap some talent with TNA, but he's been doing that with other companies already. It seems to be a massive part of GFW's model. I don't see the problem with that, and I don't know why other fans would either. There's still plenty of talent in TNA who could potentially do great things in GFW. Some of them might finally get to tap into their potential.

I think maybe we can be guilty of seeing things too much through a WWE lens. Their company has typically been very insular. Or at least it has been over the last 15 years. That's not always the case elsewhere in wrestling. Wrestlers have often worked for multiple feds at the same time, there have been co-promotional events and talent exchanges between companies on numerous occasions. I don't think there's any reason to see this as a bad thing right away.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 25, '15, 11:26 am

Hanley! wrote:Maybe I'm the weird one here, but I don't find this strange at all. Nor do I think it's bad business. Based on Brett's title, I thought maybe Jarrett had abandoned GFW and gone back to TNA as one of the controlling forces behind the scenes again. That would have been bizarre. This is just simple co-promotion. And it's not a bad move, as far as I can tell.

I can see Jarrett maybe wanting to get his promotion some publicity on TNA. But one of the biggest concerns people have about GFW to begin with was that Jarrett would just build the company into TNA 2.0 and it would end up being the same thing and not different at all. And having him already go back to a company he had bad blood with just to get some press, not only looks desperate, but also could indicate that he'll try and follow in TNA's footsteps again. That and the fact he's using the six sided ring for GFW, he's holding events in minor league baseball stadiums like TNA, seem to show that he wants to emulate the "TNA Model".

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jun 25, '15, 10:03 pm

That and the fact he's using the six sided ring for GFW, he's holding events in minor league baseball stadiums like TNA, seem to show that he wants to emulate the "TNA Model".

Is this necessarily a bad thing?

Jarrett was on to something with TNA that could have been huge, then the carters and hogan/bbitchoff got involved.
I think emulation of what made tna get going could help as long as he does not follow the same business plans down the line, he could have learned threw mistakes in TNA and is trying to right what he felt went wrong.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to General Wrestling Discussion