It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:53 am

I just watched one of the best female wrestling matches I have ever seen.

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

I just watched one of the best female wrestling matches I have ever seen.

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 05, '14, 10:18 pm

Gail Kim and Havoc just stole the show. Gail continues to put Havoc over like crazy and Bahw Gawd she is pulling out everything she has and then some. Hell, I seen a forward falling electric chair onto the steps and a choke slam counter that was unique, effective, and should be done by anyone who counters a choke slam.

Not only did Gail tell a story about determination and pride but Havoc countered with a story of her own about dominance and power. Phenomenal match, easily female match of the year out of all promotions.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 98

Re: I just watched one of the best female wrestling matches I have ever seen.

Postby Twister » Nov 06, '14, 4:47 am

Ohhh I can't wait to see this one!

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby Tom » Nov 09, '14, 6:13 am

Anyone got a link to the match? I am looking forward to seeing it!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby Hanley! » Nov 09, '14, 9:25 am

I just watched it myself, and wasn't particularly blown away by it. There were some cool spots, but I didn't think the match flowed that well. I think because Kim was doing so much selling she wasn't able to lead the match the way she usually would. In ring, she's probably the best female talent they have, but I've seen much better matches from her in the past.

Part of the problem is that I don't think Havok is quite what they want her to be yet. They're putting her over strong, which is good, but she doesn't yet look really comfortable in her role. She's no Awesome Kong basically. Kong always looked like a monster, but was still able to make her opponent's offense look great when she needed to. This is their second time trying to replicate her, and I can understand why they would want to, but Kong wasn't just a big female wrestler, she was an incredible talent in general.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 09, '14, 11:52 am

I can see your point. I still feel it was one of the better matches that has been put on in a long time. The fact that it was 180° off of the cookie cutter cat fight matches we always see is what made it so great. I know Kim has had great matches with Taryn and Mickie in the past but the level of hard spots in this match was awesome.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Nov 20, '14, 11:14 am

@westcoastvibes

Did you happen to see the triple threat from last night's Impact? I thought that match blew away the one on one contest from the week before. Much better flow and story. A little disappointed that Taryn won, but oh well didn't ruin the match at all.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 20, '14, 9:08 pm

Yes sir I did. It was a great match. Very small issue I had was it seemed like havok was having a hard time keeping up when Gail and taryn were double teaming. They tried to make havoc look strong by fighting them both off at the same time but havoc was having minor issues landing cleen moves/strikes.

Other than that it was a solid match. I had a feeling she was gonna drop the belt though, it makes sense cause havoc has been dominating and built as a monster so for her to drop the belt without being pinned was the only logical answer. I kind of wanted to see a swerve angle with the finish though. I wanted to see something like havoc powerslam Gail then choke slam taryn on top of Gail, havoc then covers taryn while she is on top of Gail in a "I can pin both at the same time" scenario (I know they tried a double pin in the match but it came off cheap). 1, 2, 3, ref signals the bell, havoc reaches for the title when the ref grabs it first and gives it to taryn. Ring announcer comes out after a short discussion with ref and says that because taryns shoulders were on Gail's body and not the mat, she was not eligible to be pinned, however, because Gail's were on the mat for the 3 count and because taryn was the first person on top of Gail during the pin attempt taryn is technically the winner.

Bam, taryn gets her first title, havoc not only looses without being pinned she even looses by a technicality making her look stronger and Gail just gets to put over havoc and taryn again.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to General Wrestling Discussion