It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 3:21 pm

Unoffical/Totally Offical NJPW Thread - G1 Climax

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Unoffical/Totally Offical NJPW Thread - G1 Climax

Postby Daz » Aug 08, '14, 12:59 pm

For some reason I've decided to watch every show from the NJPW's G1 Climax this year, which probably isn't the best idea of my life. 12 3 hour wrestling shows in the span of about 2 weeks is a lot to consume, especially when you don't speak the language it's being presented in. Nevertheless, this is probably my favourite match of the tournament, and the year so far. I demand you watch it ... all of you ... immediately ... that means now.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22lrf ... zuki_sport

Last edited by Daz on Aug 10, '14, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 25

Re: Minoru Suzuki vs. AJ Styles - G1 Climax

Postby KaiserGlider » Aug 08, '14, 1:08 pm

I watched this match the other day. Very good. I'll have to check out more of AJ's work in Japan.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby Daz » Aug 08, '14, 1:21 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:I watched this match the other day. Very good. I'll have to check out more of AJ's work in Japan.

I'd recommend his match with Okada from the first Day of G1. Their matches with each other thus far have been a little hit and miss, but that one I thought was really solid. Also his match with Tetsuya Naito was pretty good. In fact, pretty much all of his matches from G1 have been good to excellent.

Also, if you want to check out some more more NJPW, I'd recommend Okada vs Suzuki from Day 11, Tanahashi vs. Ishii and Tanahashi vs. Shibata (Shibata straight up murders him with a Backfist at one point. It's ridiculous).

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 08, '14, 1:55 pm

Haha I was considering making a G1 thread on here but figured it would be a waste of time 'cause no one else watched it :P

AJ's been on fire in this tournament, I can imagine other TNA wrestlers watching it and wondering why the hell a company in dire straits would decide to let him leave when he can go like this and he was Mr. TNA.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Daz » Aug 08, '14, 1:59 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Haha I was considering making a G1 thread on here but figured it would be a waste of time 'cause no one else watched it :P

AJ's been on fire in this tournament, I can imagine other TNA wrestlers watching it and wondering why the hell a company in dire straits would decide to let him leave when he can go like this and he was Mr. TNA.

G1 in general has been incredible this year. I've been desperately trying to catch up before the last show in between watching AAA shows before Triplemania. Thank god we live in an age where this shit is so readily available on the internet.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 08, '14, 2:02 pm

Daz wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:Haha I was considering making a G1 thread on here but figured it would be a waste of time 'cause no one else watched it :P

G1 in general has been incredible this year. I've been desperately trying to catch up before the last show in between watching AAA shows before Triplemania. Thank god we live in an age where this shit is so readily available on the internet.

Yeah the shows have been above average at worst. I usually would have found out the results first but I've been avoiding it, watching the shows with no clue who's winning ups the enjoyment factor for sure.

Just waiting for the Friday finale of the Round Robin portion to go up. Should be fantastic.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Aug 09, '14, 1:58 pm

Thought I'd add this - Kazuchika Okada vs Minoru Suzuki

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2356w ... zuki_sport

Incredible psychology in this. Suzuki just came off like a beast and there's a ton of clever little moments in there, like Suzuki adjusting Okada when he has him in the Fujiwara because Okada was able to escape and get to the ropes earlier on in the contest. Suzuki giving no shits for Okada's Rainmaker pose. Okada utilizing the gotch style lift for his Tombstone late on because that's Suzuki's specialty etc. Really good match. Watch it.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 09, '14, 3:25 pm

Yeah @Dazthat match was a fantastic match, a worthy Main Event to end the Round Robin portion of the tourney. The stakes upped the ante too with Okada needing to win to advance to the Final.

Okada vs Nakamura should be an amazing Final too. First time they've faced each other in a big match like this you know that the crowd will be hyped. My gut says Nakamura wins it, with Okada perhaps winning the title before Jan.4 so these two can meet again with the belt on the line.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby xgamr » Aug 09, '14, 4:31 pm

from last years G1.

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Daz » Aug 10, '14, 1:56 am

Another great match with Ishii from last year's G1.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13318 ... njpw_sport

So far the Finals have been a good show. My favourite part, the unabashed perving, close ups and discussion on Maria Kanellis' ass during intermission. Fair enough New Japan, fair enough.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Re: Unoffical/Totally Offical NJPW Thread - G1 Climax

Postby prophet » Aug 10, '14, 7:56 am

Fucking A. Jarrett joined the Bullet club, I half expected it to happen when they were dragging it out but the reveal with the guitar was awesome. Double J solidifying the partnership between NJPW and GFW in a major way.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 10, '14, 9:26 am

prophet wrote:Fucking A. Jarrett joined the Bullet club, I half expected it to happen when they were dragging it out but the reveal with the guitar was awesome. Double J solidifying the partnership between NJPW and GFW in a major way.

I'm okay with this as long as Double J isn't going to start wrestling in New Japan. If he just shows up once in a while as a manager type then it could be alright. I would imagine it could potentially mean some sort of a US Bullet Club variation in GFW if it gets off the ground anytime soon before the Bullet Club ceases to exist. :P

G1 Final stuff for those who haven't seen I'll hide it.
Okada vs Nakamura was a pretty damn good final, definitely had that big fight feel to it. Kind of surprised to see Okada win as for some reason I thought Shinsuke would. That last Rainmaker looked nasty, Shinsuke landed right on his head. AJ/Tanahashi was solid, I would think Tana is in line for a title shot now, same with Naito after the G1 win over AJ.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Aug 11, '14, 11:04 am

Okada totally went beast mode for the final moments of the Final. Fantastic match, adding to a growing list for G1 this year.

The rest of the final show was a bit of a mixed back. Cool to see Bennett and Cole get a shot and ROH as a whole be put over. Timesplitters vs. ReDRagon was also really good. Could see a re-match happening down the line, that'd be even better. Kyle O'Reilly killed it and he'll probably be brought back to NJPW at some point.

Ishii wrestling with a separated shoulder makes him one tough bastard, but he almost killed Anderson on the botched Super-Plex attempt. Anderson's counter of the Brainbuster into the Gun Stun was ridiculously cool though.

Tanahashi will probably get a title shot after beating AJ, Okada is definitely in line for one, and Naito too. Wouldn't mind seeing Suzuki get a shot either, if it means another AJ/Suzuki match. The Jarrett swerve post match was predictable but the way they pulled it off was kinda cool, and if it means Bullet Club in GFW when it launches, fair enough.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to General Wrestling Discussion