It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 10:13 am

KURT ANGLE TURNS DOWN TNA CONTRACT EXTENSION

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

KURT ANGLE TURNS DOWN TNA CONTRACT EXTENSION

Postby SKS » Jul 09, '14, 7:57 pm

http://www.betweentheropes.com/2014/07/ ... act-offer/

Angle said he would not accept the offer because he wants to be 100% sure that he makes the right decision, as he says his new contract (with whoever he signs with) will be his last. His contract expires in September.

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS

OH IT'S TRUE, IT'S DAMN TRUE

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: KURT ANGLE TURNS DOWN TNA CONTRACT EXTENSION

Postby Settee » Jul 09, '14, 8:08 pm

Fuck yes! Oh what I would give to see Angle vs Bryan.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 49

Postby Messiah » Jul 09, '14, 8:13 pm

Sadly, it would take an absolute miracle (and in Angle's situation, won't happen) for Kurt Angle to pass WWE's physical.

As much as I would enjoy to see him wrestle one last match, it is for the best he doesn't and hopefully he realizes that and doesn't end up going to Jarrett's promotion or staying in TNA to compete. I don't want to see him in a wheelchair or, knock on wood, dead. It is the same reason why Edge was forced to retire.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Jul 09, '14, 8:59 pm

Messiah wrote:Sadly, it would take an absolute miracle (and in Angle's situation, won't happen) for Kurt Angle to pass WWE's physical.

Ric freaking Flair just passed WWE's physical a few weeks back, so it can't be all that hard.

I'd love to see Angle back for 2-3 matches, even if he's a shell of his former self.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Jul 09, '14, 9:15 pm

Everlong wrote:
Messiah wrote:Sadly, it would take an absolute miracle (and in Angle's situation, won't happen) for Kurt Angle to pass WWE's physical.

Ric freaking Flair just passed WWE's physical a few weeks back, so it can't be all that hard.

It isn't hard. Kurt Angle would just fail it for the same reason Mick Foley failed it and the same reason Edge failed it. His body is all kinds of fucked up. He failed UFC's physical and that was 5 years ago. And if it is true Kurt Angle has been experiencing numbness (the same thing Edge experienced), then the only logical explanation as to why TNA allowed him (and if he re-signed, would continue to allow him) to wrestle is because they don't really care and neither does Angle. Considering all of his injuries and the big one being his neck, I just find it hard to believe Angle would ever get the green light to compete in the WWE.

Outside of Flair's back problem, it isn't like there is anything really wrong with him. For a guy who has bladed routinely since the 70s and is 65 years old, he looks pretty damn good for a 65 year old.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 09, '14, 9:18 pm

Well there goes the hope that his new role in TNA would actually be a long standing role with the efforts to progress TNA in the right direction

That aside, as great as it would be to have angle finish his career in wwe I don't think he should. The guy needs to hang up his boots before he can't lift them to hang them up and a wwe return would almost certainly lead to a few high profile match's that his body just can't take anymore.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Gunn Deamon » Jul 10, '14, 6:43 am

What if he came back to WWE and did commentary....he's pretty good on the Mic...

Gunn Deamon None specified
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

Topics: 8

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 10, '14, 8:27 am

I'm just saying, if he can't wrestle right now, he could be GM. I know they have the Authority angle going right now but if it means locking in Kurt, they could do it. Let him ride that until he is cleared to wrestle a match or two.

Also I doubt he would go to GFW, what with his ex-wife and all.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Enygma » Jul 10, '14, 10:28 am

Come home, Kurt.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby PorkChop » Jul 10, '14, 10:43 am

Messiah wrote:He failed UFC's physical and that was 5 years ago.

This was one of the best things to happen to him. A 40 year old Kurt Angle would get broken in the UFC.

He was apparently interested in fighting Kimbo Slice (a good matchup for Angle, as he had no takedown defense and the ground game of a tree) so obviously Kurt planned on competing at heavyweight - in which case, he'd have been broken by most guys.

Today, I honestly believe a 40 year old Angle would have trouble putting away most UFC welterweights.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby prophet » Jul 10, '14, 10:48 am

If he can't compete one final time, say at a Wrestlemania, then I'd rather him just stay away. I love Kurt but he serves no purpose if he can't be physical - I'd welcome him back to hear his music alone though tbh.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Jul 10, '14, 10:53 am

prophet wrote:I'd welcome him back to hear his music alone though tbh.

Omg the "YOU SUCK" chants would be deafening, I'd mark the fuck out.

Although who knows, maybe today's fans have already forgotten him. Audiences are nowhere near as good as they were ten years or so ago except for at like, WrestleMania.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Twister » Jul 11, '14, 1:25 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:Well there goes the hope that his new role in TNA would actually be a long standing role with the efforts to progress TNA in the right direction.

My thoughts exactly :lol I thought it was odd that they were starting this new angle with Angle without knowing whether he'd still be here in a couple of months time.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 11, '14, 10:07 am

Twister wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:Well there goes the hope that his new role in TNA would actually be a long standing role with the efforts to progress TNA in the right direction.

My thoughts exactly :lol I thought it was odd that they were starting this new angle with Angle without knowing whether he'd still be here in a couple of months time.

I really wanted this sentence to say "they were starting this new angle with angle without knowing where angle or the angle would be in a couple months time". :lol

I don't know why

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 11, '14, 10:08 am

Twister wrote:

I really wanted this sentence to say "they were starting this new angle with angle without knowing where angle or the angle would be in a couple months time". :lol

I don't know why

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to General Wrestling Discussion