It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:27 pm

Huge BFG rematch announced for Impact

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Huge BFG rematch announced for Impact

Postby Tom » Oct 23, '13, 3:53 am

Dixie Carter announced after BFG that Bully Ray will get a chance to regain the world title against AJ Styles on Impact this week. She has also vowed that AJ will not walk out with the title at Impact.

What do you guys see happening? Do you think AJ will retain or will Dixie get her wish and AJ will lose the title? Personally I cannot see AJ losing the title so quick but it wouldn't surprise me if he did lose it. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a way to get Bully's rematch clause out of the way though and to set up a new title contender for AJ though, someone that will have Dixie's full backing!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 23

Re: Huge BFG rematch announced for Impact

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 23, '13, 5:42 am

I just hope that TNA does not cheaply rip off WWE again and pull a whole "your not worthy / you don't deserve" angle between Dixie and styles resulting in a copy of the whole Daniel Bryan storyline. I also don't want the to put the belt back on bully this fast either, TNA has a bad habit of running with what/who is hot at the moment and driving them 6 feet under the ground instead of dropping an angle or shifting focus away from a wrestler before they are dead to the fans

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby Georgerv » Oct 23, '13, 12:09 pm

This must be nice for anyone who bought Bound For Glory, I'm sure it will be a good match, but it's kind of a slap in the face to anyone that actually pays for their PPVs

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby Hanley! » Oct 23, '13, 12:27 pm

Well the rematch was always going to happen and given there are only 4 pay per views in the year, it obviously wasn't going to be saved for the next one. I kind of like this move. It's time to move on from Aces & Eights and Bully being in the main event scene. The faster we get the rematch over with, the faster we can move on to something else.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to General Wrestling Discussion