It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:34 pm

Is TNA gonna be around for much longer?

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Is TNA gonna be around for much longer?

Postby Viazon » Oct 21, '13, 8:21 pm

I don't know much about TNA these days. I have watched it in ages. But my friend does, and he said he has gotten angry with it and stopped watching. He also informed that it has gotten so bad that he doesn't see it being around much longer. If you currently still watch TNA, what is your thought on the matter?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: Is TNA gonna be around for much longer?

Postby Settee » Oct 21, '13, 9:16 pm

Haven't watched in a while, but I do feel their time is running out. They are digging themselves into a hole that they won't be able to find their way out of.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 49

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 21, '13, 9:19 pm

They still have the ability to put on some fucking awesome matches and shows. However, with the way things have been going lately ranging from talent cuts to storylines I would say they are in a downwards spiral. Has the coffin been sealed awaiting its proverbial nail? No, but the carpenter has certainly started building it.

TNA still has time to turn itself around, it will take some major changes from talent, staff and possibly networks and/or a sell off from panda energy to make that happen though.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby The Legend » Oct 22, '13, 1:54 pm

It certainly was a disappointing run to BFG for them. The sad thing is for the first 6 months of this year Impact was running as well and as good of a show as I had ever seen them run. The way they dismantled Ace's and 8's was all wrong. They did it from a financial stand point and not a storyline stand point. To make matters worse they didn't set themselves up for the end of the Ace's and 8's story well by having another story ready to go in the pipe.

Hopefully, they can ramp things back up again as soon as possible and turn things around in the next year.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Oct 22, '13, 1:57 pm

^^ Yeah, TNA had been going really strong for about 18 months, but the decline in quality between Slammiversary and Bound For Glory was pretty dramatic. Hopefully having cut some costs now, they can turn things around again in the new year. Hopefully the worst of the crisis is over and they can concentrate on simply improving for a while.

I think a new head of creative is important for them, because while I haven't heard many people praising him for TNA's success, things seem to have gotten worse since Bruce Prichard stepped down as head of creative. Whoever is doing it now (possibly Bischoff) doesn't seem to have the same touch.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to General Wrestling Discussion