It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 10:16 pm

the one match?

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

the one match?

Postby War Daddy » Apr 03, '14, 11:45 am

I got to missing Kurt Angle today :lol I was always into wrestling but his match with Benoit on RAW really got me hooked.

My god that moonsault. Which match would you say got you fully hooked?

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Re: the one match?

Postby Daz » Apr 03, '14, 12:05 pm

Strange as it might sound, Ken Shamrock vs. X-Pac. I'd been watching on and off for about a year and a half at this point. Never really knew when it was on, wrestling was more of something I'd stumble across whilst watching TV and was fascinated enough by to keep watching to the end of the show. This is the first match I really remember and I distinctly recall deciding to become a full time viewer after seeing this.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby The Legend » Apr 03, '14, 1:50 pm

Bret Hart was amazing.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby UTK » Apr 03, '14, 2:07 pm

Melina vs Alicia Fox

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Apr 03, '14, 3:26 pm

UTK wrote:Melina vs Alicia Fox

Been waiting to use that gif again :tim

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby prophet » Apr 03, '14, 3:39 pm

I wont post the match again because I dedicated a whole thread to it the other day but for me it was Bret Hart vs The British Bulldog from Summerslam '92. That PPV was the first I owned on video when I was younger so naturally I watched the hell out of it and it'll always be one of my personal favourites, that's the match that truly hooked me as a child, yeah.

Coincidentally that's also the PPV that made me love Macho Man and inspired me to familiarize myself with his career and past matches. He fought Warrior for the WWF Title at the PPV and lost via count-out attacking Flair and Mr Perfect who were trying to cause trouble and as a kid that was the type of act that endeared him to me but yeah Hart/Davey was the one that got me hooked and that PPV got me interested in 80's wrestling in general.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 03, '14, 4:07 pm

I got into wrestling when I was very young, in the early 90s. My first wrestling memories weren't necessarily matches, but instances. Shawn turning on Marty, and the Savage/Roberts feud with the cobra snakebites were my two earliest WWF memories. Even at the fresh age of four years old I was really interested in animals, and had a lot of children's books on wildlife. I knew how venomous the cobra was and assumed that Savage was going to die. When he survived, I thought that he was surely the toughest man to have ever lived.

The three WWF VHS tapes that I had when I was very young were SummerSlam 1989 and Survivor Series 1991 taped directly off PPV and original box-art WrestleMania III. My favorite matches as a little kid from these three tapes were probably The Hart Foundation vs Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard from SummerSlam '89 and Randy Savage vs Rick Steamboat from WrestleMania III.

I enjoyed the Survivor Series 1991 PPV the most of the three, I remember watching that tape a lot. Needless to say, I still have them and they surprisingly still work, despite the almost otherworldly bad quality of the video and audio from being taped off of TV in the late 80s-early 90s. I lost that WMIII copy somewhere along the way. This is the version that I had: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWF-Wrestlemani ... 0900173016

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Apr 03, '14, 4:20 pm

The first match I remember watching was Owen Hart against 123 Kid at the King of the Ring in 1994. I was already hooked though, because I was devastated when Hart won the match. :lol

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby JDD » Apr 03, '14, 4:48 pm

My interest in wrestling started from a gameboy game but the match tht got me hooked on watching it was the triangle ladder match at Wrestlemania 2000. I was 4 or 5 and its one of the first matches i remember. One of the reasons Jeff Hardy is my favorite wrestler is because he's one of the first guys i was a fan of. I remember getting pretty upset when Edge and Christian won that match :lol

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Chewy » Apr 03, '14, 8:10 pm

Killer Bees v British Bulldogs. WWF only appears on Australian TV on Sunday afternoons back then, so fuck knows what show it was from.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 03, '14, 9:33 pm

Not a match I actually watched but it was a match that I really wanted to see, and it got me hooked. Hulk Hogan vs The Rock at No Way Out 2003. Around that time was when I first got into WWE by watching Smackdown. When I found out those two would wrestle I really wanted to see the match. However I couldn't figure out that it was on PPV and I had to pay for it. So I kept waiting for that match to happen on Smackdown. Needless to say it didn't happen, but I still kept watching and I've been a fan ever since. Now I'm here with you lot.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to General Wrestling Discussion