It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:42 am

Going to my first wrestling show in years next weekend.

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Going to my first wrestling show in years next weekend.

Postby Viazon » Oct 12, '13, 7:20 pm

It's called RPW Uprising and its next Saturday, in London. Bret Hart is gonna be there, which should be cool. Colt Cabana is gonna have a match. Should be a good show.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: Going to my first wrestling show in years next weekend.

Postby Locke » Oct 12, '13, 7:29 pm

Sounds better than WWE you lucky turd!

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Daz » Oct 12, '13, 9:59 pm

It's a pretty sweet card. Hiroshi Tanahashi and Prince Devitt vs. Ricochet in one show. Good stuff.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 12, '13, 10:07 pm

Sounds pretty awesome, mind and get a few pictures if possible!

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby PorkChop » Oct 13, '13, 4:57 am

...didn't metalmessiah claim to wrestle for a company called RPW?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby UTK » Oct 13, '13, 8:44 am

PorkChop wrote:...didn't metalmessiah claim to wrestle for a company called RPW?

Was that before or after he got offered a WWE contract?

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Mike » Oct 13, '13, 9:10 am

PorkChop wrote:...didn't metalmessiah claim to wrestle for a company called RPW?

RPW Wrestling or something like that. I found the actual thread on a google search where he got found out.

PorkChop wrote:He's been shamed out of posting. He used to post these threads about how he was a pro wrestler called The Metal Messiah, was the world champion of the promotions he worked for, and once turned down Vince McMahon. But, he never posted any videos of him wrestling, nor pictures. Some people believed his stories regardless of the lack of evidence, some didn't. He was a pretty polarising figure.

Turns out he was full of shit. He posted a thread similar to this, and said he was on the card, defending his world title in the main event. A user named DennisBlunden or something looked up the card, and it turns out that the card was posted elsewhere on the internet - but without Metal Messiah's match. Metal Messiah was basically finding indy wrestling cards and editing himself in, then posting it on here. Upon googling "Metal Messiah wrestler" the only trace of him was several posts on foot fetish forums.

[center]Image[/center]
Mike None specified
Mark
Mark

Topics: 1

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 13, '13, 10:57 am

Prince Devitt?????? :o

and Colt Cabana????

and Hiroshi Tanahashi?????

You lucky bastard. Tanahashi is pretty much the John Cena of New Japan, if Cena was actually an amazing wrestler. Devitt is the best wrestler in the world not named Bryan Danielson.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Viazon » Oct 13, '13, 12:45 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Prince Devitt?????? :o

and Colt Cabana????

You lucky bastard. Tanahashi is pretty much the John Cena of New Japan, if Cena was actually an amazing wrestler. Devitt is the best wrestler in the world not named Bryan Danielson.

My friend same the same thing about him. I don't know too much about him but my friend really follows New Japan and he said he is amazing. I am really looking forward to it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Oct 14, '13, 3:19 am

Viazon wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:Prince Devitt?????? :o

and Colt Cabana????

My friend same the same thing about him. I don't know too much about him but my friend really follows New Japan and he said he is amazing. I am really looking forward to it.

Look up Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada on youtube, you'll get an idea of what you're in for.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Viazon » Oct 14, '13, 8:56 pm

I went round my friends house a few weeks ago and he played some of his matches from some New Japan DVDs he has. I was impressed.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Oct 20, '13, 4:23 am

This was a great show. It was really good to be at a live wrestling show again. Been so long and it didn't disappoint. Here are the results.

Paul Robinson, Will Ospreay, Kris Travis & Martin Kirby b. Mark Haskins, "Fake El Ligero", James Davis & Rob Lynch
Michael Elgin b. Noam Dar
Sha Samuels b. Doug Williams
Prince Devitt b. Ricochet to retain the Revolution Pro British Cruiserweight
Zack Sabre Jr. b. Davey Richards
Andy Boy Simmonz & Rampage Brown b. Colt Cabana & Grado
Hiroshi Tanahashi b. Marty Scurll

The best match of the night was easily either Prince Devitt vs Ricochet or Zack Sabre vs Doug Williams. The Colt Cabana match was great for a bit of comic relief. Lot of funny moments in the match that everyone ate up.

British Bulldogs daughter was in attendance. Andy Boy Simmonz pointed her out and she stood up and waved. He then went on to say how he idolized her father but then proceeded to insult him and her. I couldn't really catch what he said but he said something about slapping her.

Everyone in the arena was booing Mark Haskins except for one guy who was cheering him from the balcony. It was basically everyone in the hall against this one guy and Mark Haskins kept pointing at him and thanking him every time he cheered him, causing everyone else to boo him more. It was pretty funny. This guy who loved Haskins and this other guy who really hated him were having a kind of chant war against each other. It was pretty funny.

Bret Hart came out just before the main event. Cut a short promo. The usual kind of stuff. Thank you for coming out, you fans make it worthwhile, thank you for being here, I have so many memories in England, bla bla bla. You know the stuff. It was just good to see him. Always nice to see a legend like him. He stayed at ringside to watch the main event.

It was nice to see Hiroshi Tanahashi after hearing so many good things. At he didn't disappoint. Marty Scurll is really good at playing at heel. He mocked Bret Hart at ringside then put Tanahashi in the Sharp Shooter. After Tanahashi wont he match, Bret Hart came in the ring to celebrate with him. Marty came in the ring and confronted Bret so Bret punched him, then put him in the Sharp Shooter. The show ended with Tanahashi celebrating with the crowd, who all chanted "please come back."

Also, I met Colt Cabana and got my picture taken with him. I told him I was in attendance in RoH in Chicago back in 2006 for his street fight with Homicide, which is one of the most inside matches I have ever seen. He seemed pleased to hear that and shook my hand. Nice guy.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to General Wrestling Discussion