It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:55 am

AJ Styles ROH Return

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

AJ Styles ROH Return

Postby Buck » Feb 14, '14, 4:31 pm

This is AJ Styles' ROH return match vs. Roderick Strong, in case you missed it :tim

Just a disclaimer though, this video may be taken down by ROH at some point, but they've been surprisingly letting a lot of their matches be posted on YouTube lately (in addition to posting many themselves). A lot of their older stuff is up on YouTube now, especially from the Feinstein era. I guess it's probably because ROH is no longer selling any of these shows, and most of them aren't even available on their website in any form, so there's no reason to block them? Either that or they're just not policing it like they used to. Either way, there's plenty of great stuff up on YouTube now, so there's no excuse not to check it out ;)

P.S. I think Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino are a fantastic announce team. Maybe my favorite ROH announce team yet.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 26

Re: AJ Styles ROH Return

Postby Hanley! » Feb 14, '14, 6:56 pm

It was a cool match. Haven't seen Strong before, but he's a talented performer. Some of his shots looked stiff as fuck and Styles was selling the crap out of everything. Some of those knees made me cringe. Not quite as hard as when he failed to tilt his head back when taking the Styles Clash though. Fucking hell, that looked nasty.

Okay, I'm starting to get intrigued. I don't like WWE or TNA enough at the moment to watch either of them on a weekly basis. Does Ring of Honor have a weekly show? If so is there a convenient way to watch it every week? Even if it's something as simple as the whole show being posted up on Youtube the next day? If it's not too much hassle, I might actually give it a go for a few weeks - just as a test run.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: AJ Styles ROH Return

Postby Buck » Feb 14, '14, 8:51 pm

The show is posted online every week on http://www.rohwrestling.com. You have to sign up for a free account to watch it.

What I like about ROH's show is that the storylines are simple, easy to follow and they don't try to cram too much crap into the show. It's a 1 hour show and they may only highlight about 2 or 3 major storylines in the show, and they don't need to show their whole entire roster on one episode. It's all there to complement the wrestling, which is always high quality and entertaining.

ROH is a show that I can come home tired from work, put it on and just lean back, enjoy myself and be entertained. With WWE and TNA, I just get bogged down nitpicking all the little crap I don't like, and it doesn't leave me with a good feeling after watching it.

I'm thinking of signing up for a Ringside account too. It's like ROH's version of the WWE Network, although ROH's came first. For $7.99 a month you can watch every TV show that's ever aired, in addition to a selection of about 50 ROH shows from 2002 to 2013. The only downside is not EVERY ROH show is included, and the selection from the earlier years 2002 - 2006 is pretty limited (there's only one show from 2004 for example, and 2004 was one of my favorite years for ROH). If you could watch every single show from the first 5 years, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy it. All of those shows are out of print and no longer for sale in any form on ROH's site (except some of them are available on Best Ofs and/or on YouTube), so I dunno why they don't just add them to the list.

Still awesome, though.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author
Topics: 26

Return to General Wrestling Discussion