It is currently: May 17, '24, 1:19 pm

Vince McMahon or Eric Bischoff?

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Vince McMahon or Eric Bischoff?

Postby Matteo » Feb 12, '14, 10:38 pm

One could argue these two played a similar role during the Monday Night Wars in the mid to late 90s. Both heel/authority figures and very, very good ones at that. Who do you think was the more effective character during the rivalry between WWE and WCW? And which did you personally prefer?

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 195

Re: Vince McMahon or Eric Bischoff?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 13, '14, 6:33 am

If you take away the variables like storylines and talent pool to work, I truly believe bitch-off is the better on screen personality. As good of a heel Vince is, he still has that personality trait that tells you "I bet he isn't that bad backstage". When you look at Bitch-off on screen, he screams "I am the worlds biggest douchebag asshole on and off screen".

That right there is was I choose Bitch-off as the better heel

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby prophet » Feb 13, '14, 7:30 am

Vince all day. I agree that Bischoff had that look about him where you figured he'd be just as much an obnoxious douchebag off-screen than on but if we're talking about on-screen I don't think it's a contest. Vince was brilliant all through the Attitude Era.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 13, '14, 7:50 am

prophet wrote:Vince all day. I agree that Bischoff had that look about him where you figured he'd be just as much an obnoxious douchebag off-screen than on but if we're talking about on-screen I don't think it's a contest. Vince was brilliant all through the Attitude Era.

But do you think he was brilliant on his own, or was your perception skewed by the interactions with guys like Austin and HHH?

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby SlightlyJames » Feb 13, '14, 8:00 am

Gotta be Vince man.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 13, '14, 8:30 am

Bischoff was the better heel. But Vince was the better overall character. Even when a heel, there are times where you like Vince. Bischoff never really got that until he came to WWE

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby The Legend » Feb 13, '14, 8:35 am

In every regard, Bischoff has proven himself to be a one-trick pony over the arc of his career. Vince has shown a lot more ability to play to different depths and abilities that's why I would take Vince.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby prophet » Feb 13, '14, 8:46 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:
prophet wrote:Vince all day. I agree that Bischoff had that look about him where you figured he'd be just as much an obnoxious douchebag off-screen than on but if we're talking about on-screen I don't think it's a contest. Vince was brilliant all through the Attitude Era.

But do you think he was brilliant on his own, or was your perception skewed by the interactions with guys like Austin and HHH?

If anything I think Vince was the one that helped guys like Austin, Rock, HHH, Mankind etc...out. If Vince wasn't as brilliant as he was all the feuds he had wouldn't have been as good as they were.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 13, '14, 12:10 pm

prophet wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:

If anything I think Vince was the one that helped guys like Austin, Rock, HHH, Mankind etc...out. If Vince wasn't as brilliant as he was all the feuds he had wouldn't have been as good as they were.

Fair enough, I see the logic

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Feb 13, '14, 12:27 pm

Bischoff is better on screen. Vince's character was arguably better (or at least more successful in the long term), but Bischoff was better at playing the character and at cutting promos, etc. In my opinion anyway. He always felt very at ease in front of the camera, whereas Vince had some growing pains and his style was always very hammy and over the top. There's nothing wrong with that, but Bischoff just seemed to have more talent on screen.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Locke » Feb 13, '14, 12:39 pm

Business: Vince
On Screen: Bischoff by a fucking galaxy.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 13, '14, 1:42 pm

I'd go with Bischoff: he had a natural presence on screen and didn't seem fazed. Loved his early years as RAW GM.

But Vince as the more all-rounded character.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to General Wrestling Discussion