It is currently: May 10, '24, 3:57 am

Mystery "Investor" revealed!!

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Mystery "Investor" revealed!!

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 30, '14, 3:36 pm

So yeah, apparently at the Impact tapings in Scotland, MVP came out as the mystery "investor" in TNA. And he was flanked by Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards.

Thoughts??

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Mystery "Investor" revealed!!

Postby Settee » Jan 30, '14, 4:10 pm

I might have to tune into TNA. I miss MVP.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 49

Postby The Legend » Jan 30, '14, 4:21 pm

Sounds like a really miscast character. Don't get me wrong, I love MVP and will enjoy watching him on TV, but he fits as a corporate investor as much as a guy named Rockstar Spud fits as a corporate stooge.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Jan 30, '14, 5:57 pm

I dunno, John. This sounds like it could be a bit like his character in WWE, which he had down to a fucking tee. Back in 2007, I really thought MVP was going to be one of the next big things in the company. So I'm kind of intrigued by this. I might wait to see what happens, before actually checking it out though.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 30, '14, 6:00 pm

Hmm, this is not close to anything the dirt sheets were reporting as rumours. I was expecting someone like JJ, hulk, flair, bitchoff, Foley or some other old guy that had ties to TNA. Or even the celebrity rumour Toby Keith. MVP seems like its pretty far out there even for TNA

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby The Legend » Jan 30, '14, 6:07 pm

Hanley! wrote:I dunno, John. This sounds like it could be a bit like his character in WWE, which he had down to a fucking tee. Back in 2007, I really thought MVP was going to be one of the next big things in the company. So I'm kind of intrigued by this. I might wait to see what happens, before actually checking it out though.

His WWE character was a spoiled, arrogant athlete that thought he was God's Gift to Everything. This character to me seems like a far more office oriented role and a lot less wrestling.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Jan 30, '14, 6:15 pm

The Legend wrote:
Hanley! wrote:I dunno, John. This sounds like it could be a bit like his character in WWE, which he had down to a fucking tee. Back in 2007, I really thought MVP was going to be one of the next big things in the company. So I'm kind of intrigued by this. I might wait to see what happens, before actually checking it out though.

His WWE character was a spoiled, arrogant athlete that thought he was God's Gift to Everything. This character to me seems like a far more office oriented role and a lot less wrestling.

I guess I just saw the connection with him being a highly paid, well connected character in WWE. Following on from that, it would make sense that he could conceivably have enough money and enough pull to be a major investor in another company years later.

How they actually execute it remains to be seen. If they make him a corporate type, then I'd be a lot less interested. But there's at least scope for it to work out. I don't know why they wouldn't hire him as a wrestler, from what I know he's been wrestling since he left WWE.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 30, '14, 8:10 pm

My worries are that he will be in a wrestling role.

Not because he is bad or anything like that but because having a figure of power and ownership in a wrestling role always leads to a extremely crappy storyline ending with a big match with ownership on the line.

I don't want to see this, I would rather have "Mr. Big" be the investor and MVP the investors enforcement or something like that

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Georgerv » Jan 31, '14, 11:16 pm

I was at the tapings tonight in Manchester and MVP in this role is perfect. Very entertaining, very believable, and he doesn't seem to have lost a step in the ring.

He was quite honestly one of the best things about the entire tapings.

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 01, '14, 1:15 am

Georgerv wrote:I was at the tapings tonight in Manchester and MVP in this role is perfect. Very entertaining, very believable, and he doesn't seem to have lost a step in the ring.

I am calling bullshit on this.

The best thing about impact tapings in UK is the mother fucking fans! God damn those shows are fucking great, they don't even get behind wwe UK shows like they do TNA shows.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Romo » Feb 01, '14, 4:11 am

Nobody going to talk about the Wolves debuting aswell...

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Georgerv » Feb 01, '14, 8:02 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Georgerv wrote:I was at the tapings tonight in Manchester and MVP in this role is perfect. Very entertaining, very believable, and he doesn't seem to have lost a step in the ring.

I am calling bullshit on this.

The best thing about impact tapings in UK is the mother fucking fans! God damn those shows are fucking great, they don't even get behind wwe UK shows like they do TNA shows.

Well obviously us fans were amazing, but I didn't want to congratulate mysel f too much :lol

Also, yeah the Wolves were awesome, and look like they're going to be a key part of this storyline already. Their match with Bad Influence was amazing for the time it was given.

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Return to General Wrestling Discussion