It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:42 am

Will you watch AEW weekly?

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Will you watch AEW weekly?

Postby DBSoT » Jul 25, '19, 8:14 am

I know this site is pretty empty recently, but for those still around, what are your feelings on AEW? They announced yesterday that they will be starting their weekly shows on October 2nd. So far their early shows have delivered and have given people an alternative to WWE. However, do you see yourself watching them weekly like you do/did with WWE shows? I will be tuning in, but I am curious what you all think. Would anyone also be interested in discussing AEW on here more than WWE?

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Will you watch AEW weekly?

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 25, '19, 12:40 pm

Sadly, unless I can find a way to stream it, I won't be able to watch it weekly. I don't have cable TV.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Jul 26, '19, 9:14 am

Yeah, I'll definitely watch it. It's interesting, there's reports that when WWE moves to Fox that NXT will get televised as well on FS1 and that it will air on Wednesday's against AEW, that could be an interesting battle.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Jul 27, '19, 5:51 pm

I'll definitely watch it every week if the show is good. Even if it's not good at first, I'll give it a month to find its feet. I'm hoping that it'll give me a weekly wrestling show to watch again, as I haven't watched WWE weekly in a decade now. I gave up on the pay per views a couple of years ago, but I had given up on Raw and Smackdown long before that. I still watch all the big New Japan shows, but they're on more sporadically and it's harder to get people talking about them.

I really want AEW to do well, and I've bought all three of their shows thus far to put my money where my mouth is. I'll continue supporting them as long as the product is good. So far it's been pretty good with room for improvement, but you'd expect there to be some teething pains this early in their development.

The Legend wrote:Yeah, I'll definitely watch it. It's interesting, there's reports that when WWE moves to Fox that NXT will get televised as well on FS1 and that it will air on Wednesday's against AEW, that could be an interesting battle.

I'm not sure how interesting the battle would be. People rave about NXT, but it seems that the weekly show is pretty pedestrian for the most part and they save the good stuff for the Takeovers. And that's presuming that Vince doesn't get involved and ruin things further once the show is on television and not just the Network. Which I imagine is what will happen.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to General Wrestling Discussion