It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:50 pm

Austin Aries no-sells finish of Bound for Glory main event

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Austin Aries no-sells finish of Bound for Glory main event

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 15, '18, 8:39 pm

After getting hit with John Morrison/Nitro/Impact/Mundo/Wrestling/Whatever's finisher Starship Pain, Aries just gets up, flips off everyone, and walks out of the arena.

Watch on youtube.com

Austin's contract with the company has apparently ended and he is not going to be on the next Impact tapings. There is debate among the internet whether this is a legit shoot or a worked shoot. Aries is notorious for having an attitude and being difficult to work with.

If this is a worked shoot, I can't say I'm a fan of it. It just comes across as a desperate stunt straight out of the old WCW or TNA playbook. It's a shame that they think they must resort to stuff like this to get people talking about the company, because the product has been on the upswing for a while. Their Slammiversary PPV a few months back was a huge success and was even praised by the likes of Meltzer. There's been talk of Chris Jericho signing with them. Aries had been doing a fine job carrying the main event up to this point, but this finish (real or kayfabe), will not help anybody.

But that's me. Do you think this is real, and if not, was it a good move by the company to get attention?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Austin Aries no-sells finish of Bound for Glory main event

Postby Messiah » Oct 15, '18, 8:51 pm

I don't watch Impact, but that would be a dumb worked shoot if that was really the case. In general the whole "kayfabe is dead" era of wrestling has really turned me off, but I can at least somewhat tolerate shoots that still maintain the dignity of wrestling. Austin Aries completely no-selling a finisher takes the fun and illusion out of the art and isn't nearly as enjoyable.

Why can't we return to the days where heat is built up through legitimately villainous actions rather than always having to incorporate real-life elements? I think its one of the worst things to come as a result of Punk's shoot promo years ago.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Return to General Wrestling Discussion