It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 7:36 pm

Lucha Underground

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Lucha Underground

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 27, '17, 9:30 pm

Since it's now on Netflix (in the US), I decided to watch the first episode, and I dug it overall. I appreciate the different presentation they're going for and the show was well booked for the most part. The things that interested me the most were Konnan's angle and the owner guy, as well as Prince Puma and how his character was introduced. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the woman vs man match. They hyped Sexy Star as someone who could kick a man's ass, but then she proceeded to get her ass kicked, so that was kinda underwhelming. I'll watch more.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Lucha Underground

Postby The Legend » Mar 28, '17, 5:06 am

I've seen the first 10 episodes since it was added on Netflix, overall I think the new way to present pro wrestling is interesting. The biggest thing holding it back is that for the most part there's very little character development and differential on the majority of the roster. Outside of the main story you don't get much on who one masked guy is compared to another and really why they are fighting (biggest example is Drago vs Pentagon Jr). Also, I'm not a fan of the woman vs man matches and really not a fan of the miniature wrestlers vs others. They need divisions.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby xgamr » Apr 03, '17, 5:31 am

The Legend wrote:I've seen the first 10 episodes since it was added on Netflix, overall I think the new way to present pro wrestling is interesting. The biggest thing holding it back is that for the most part there's very little character development and differential on the majority of the roster. Outside of the main story you don't get much on who one masked guy is compared to another and really why they are fighting (biggest example is Drago vs Pentagon Jr). Also, I'm not a fan of the woman vs man matches and really not a fan of the miniature wrestlers vs others. They need divisions.

there is lot of character development later on.,the first 10 are a feeling out process and then they amp it up with their promos

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby JDD » Apr 03, '17, 8:41 am

xgamr wrote:
The Legend wrote:I've seen the first 10 episodes since it was added on Netflix, overall I think the new way to present pro wrestling is interesting. The biggest thing holding it back is that for the most part there's very little character development and differential on the majority of the roster. Outside of the main story you don't get much on who one masked guy is compared to another and really why they are fighting (biggest example is Drago vs Pentagon Jr). Also, I'm not a fan of the woman vs man matches and really not a fan of the miniature wrestlers vs others. They need divisions.

there is lot of character development later on.,the first 10 are a feeling out process and then they amp it up with their promos

This. The first few episodes are a bit slow and lack direction but everythin after Aztec Warfarfare is pretty great. I havnt checked out seasons 2 or 3 yet but im looking foward to it.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Return to General Wrestling Discussion