It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:53 pm

Jimmy Snuka Dies

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Jimmy Snuka Dies

Postby The Legend » Jan 15, '17, 3:32 pm

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Jimmy Snuka Dies

Postby PorkChop » Jan 15, '17, 3:36 pm

My thoughts are with Tamina, more so than they usually are anyway.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Jan 15, '17, 4:28 pm

Hard to know how to feel about this. It's weird that my first thought isn't for Snuka or even for his family, but for Nancy Argentino's family. Hopefully they can gain some kind of closure out of this.

I'm sure this will be hard on Snuka's family too - particularly on Tamina as she's still in the public eye and is one of his closest relatives. Hopefully they can all get through it.

I wonder if WWE will pay any tributes to him or anything. Due to the recent court case, it seems hard to say anything about the guy now that won't offend somebody.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Jan 15, '17, 7:27 pm

Hanley! wrote:Hard to know how to feel about this. It's weird that my first thought isn't for Snuka or even for his family, but for Nancy Argentino's family. Hopefully they can gain some kind of closure out of this.

I'm sure this will be hard on Snuka's family too - particularly on Tamina as she's still in the public eye and is one of his closest relatives. Hopefully they can all get through it.

I wonder if WWE will pay any tributes to him or anything. Due to the recent court case, it seems hard to say anything about the guy now that won't offend somebody.

Yeah, my feelings are the same. On the one hand, you never feel good about a death. But there's a lot of controversy that's swirled around him recently and he seems to have been a genuinely awful human being. I'm also interested to see if WWE mentions it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 15, '17, 8:02 pm

I think they mention it, especially considering one of his children works for them. I don't expect a big video package though, probably an "in memoriam" graphic at the beginning of the show.

In fairness, he wasn't convicted of anything so they're within their right to treat him as any other Hall of Famer of passed away. It's just how it would look publicly.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Daz » Jan 19, '17, 9:33 pm

Forgot to comment on this at the time, but did anyone else find the video tribute on Raw a little bit in poor taste? I mean if it weren't for his health and mental state, he'd have been on trial for murder.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby DBSoT » Jan 19, '17, 10:44 pm

I feel bad for the Snuka and Argentino families. Both of their lives have been ruined by a horrible tragedy. I look at Snuka in the same light as Benoit. Great talent, but flawed human being.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Jan 30, '17, 5:49 pm

Daz wrote:Forgot to comment on this at the time, but did anyone else find the video tribute on Raw a little bit in poor taste? I mean if it weren't for his health and mental state, he'd have been on trial for murder.

I've heard people complaining about this - saying that you'd never see that sort of tribute video for O.J. Simpson if he were to pass away. I'm inclined to agree. I didn't have a problem with the graphic at the start of the show, or offering condolences to the family, particularly given his daughter works for the company. But playing a video about how great he was, without referencing the trial, just felt disrespectful. And many of the fans in attendance were obviously uncomfortable watching it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to General Wrestling Discussion