It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 4:42 am

Nicest wrestlers to meet...

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Nicest wrestlers to meet...

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 27, '16, 10:11 am

I watched Sting's WWE documentary, In The Light as I'd recorded it a while ago and I'd known he was well-liked and respected in the industry but watching it, you really got the feeling of how a bloody nice bloke he is. Hence why you never heard people shitting on him about him behaving badly, or rude to fans etc.

Certainly on the list for wrestlers I'd be happy to meet. Same for The Rock as well, although now he's a big Hollywood star and his public shows of fan interaction nowdays, I begin to think it comes a tad ungenuine but from his wrestling days early on, you got the sense he was - and is still - a friendly, approachable invididual.

Maybe the rise of social media etc has given way to guys and girls today in the business to realise importance of behaving well to fans and interacting with them positively where as in the years gone by, you could get away with being a dick and not having it reported on Twitter.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Nicest wrestlers to meet...

Postby Messiah » Nov 27, '16, 10:23 am

I've heard The Rock is like the nicest guy in the world. He might shield himself a little bit more but I'd imagine he would still be a kick-ass person to meet.

Big Show comes across in all his interviews as someone who would be nice to talk to. Seems like a good dude.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Nov 27, '16, 10:28 am

Of people I've actually met, Christopher Daniels and Abyss were both really nice - especially Abyss. Buff Bagwell was a pretty chill guy to see at a local show too. People were giving a hard time about his American Males time and he just totally went along and had fun with it in the ring.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Nov 27, '16, 11:46 am

Sami Zayn and Rhyno. I met Sami at a Indy show years ago. We talked about the band Against Me for a bit. Really nice dude. My girlfriend works in Dearborn (where Rhyno is from) and he has popped in a couple times. He was very nice and was willing to talk to every person that came up to him. When my girlfriend lived in Tennessee, she met Batista and said he was the coolest person she has ever met. She worked as a waitress and he left a fat tip. :lol

Last edited by DBSoT on Nov 28, '16, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 28, '16, 7:32 pm

I've met Rhyno and he was pretty cool. Dude talked a lot about the local guys he was there working with, which I thought was cool. Also met Rowdy Roddy Piper at a different show but same promotion. He was nice but seemed a bit detached. Still he stayed to shake all the hands he could. That was a few weeks before he passed.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to General Wrestling Discussion