It is currently: Jun 04, '24, 7:46 am

Unlikely tag team pairings that could be awesome?

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Unlikely tag team pairings that could be awesome?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 23, '14, 10:36 pm

Let's hear your pairings, what are some unlikely tag team pairings that could actually lead to legitimate great tag teams.

Mine would have to be cena/Orton
For the sole purpose of the following finishing move set.

Orton hits his always stellar drop kick, the person is out on their feet and does a 180 stumble right into cena who hits an AA, as they are falling to the ground from the AA Orton flies in to land a sick RKO, just then cena locks in the STF and it's done........... right after Orton lands a punt kick while the STF is applied.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 98

Re: Unlikely tag team pairings that could be awesome?

Postby Kyle » Sep 27, '14, 3:35 pm

KENTA and Bryan. Kick. Kick. Kick. Match.

Plus, a GTS into Yes Lock would look sweet.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 7

Postby Hanley! » Sep 27, '14, 3:50 pm

God, I hope Kenta doesn't do the GTS on WWE programming. I hate that move with a passion. The worst element of CM Punk's performances was his use of the shitty GTS. It's not a good finisher.

Not sure what two performers I'd want teaming up, given my prevailing opinion on tag teams over the last few years has been that they need some genuine tag teams who aren't just a temporary combination of singles guys. I guess if I have to choose one though ...

I'll go with Brock Lesnar and Dolph Ziggler. Both are great wrestlers, who sell really well. Dolph could keep stories rolling whenever Lesnar feels like taking a break. And I just like a tag team that has that balance of a great quick technician and an effective aggressive monster. Between their talents as performers, Ziggler's cocky demeanour, Lesnar's uber-confidence and Heyman's aggrandising promos, they'd look unstoppable ... and well aware of the fact too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Sep 27, '14, 4:03 pm

Hanley! wrote:God, I hope Kenta doesn't do the GTS on WWE programming. I hate that move with a passion. The worst element of CM Punk's performances was his use of the shitty GTS. It's not a good finisher.

The Anaconda Vice was equally as bad.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to General Wrestling Discussion