It is currently: Jun 26, '24, 3:59 am

ROUND THREE: Undertaker (1) vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage (2)

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who was better?

Undertaker
42%
Randy Savage
58%

Total votes : 26

ROUND THREE: Undertaker (1) vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage (2)

Postby Everlong » Apr 12, '14, 10:47 am

The Ultimate Wrestler Tournament
ROUND THREE: Undertaker (1) vs. Randy Savage (2)

Two legendary characters, two of the biggest names in the history of the industry. But which one advances to the semifinals? LET'S FIND OUT.

Undertaker is far more than a streak of WrestleMania victories; he's the WWE's longest tenured star, a man who has wrestled everyone from Hulk Hogan to CM Punk and everyone in between. He's the last link to several bygone eras of wrestling in the WWF, and a reminder of the imaginative, over-the-top gimmicks created in the 90s. Regardless of how his streak ends, long-time fans will forever remember him for an endless list of huge matches and extreme versatility in his gimmick to switch to the Biker character.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

*WWE World Heavyweight Championship (x3)
*WWF/E Heavyweight Championship (x4)
*WWF Hardcore Championship (x1)
*World Tag Team Championship (x6)
*WCW World Tag Team Championship (x1)
*Royal Rumble Winner (2007)
*5 Star Match by The Wrestling Observer (x1, vs. Shawn Michaels Badd Blood 97)
*21 match win streak at WrestleMania

NOTABLE MATCH

NOTABLE SEGMENT

The Tower of Power, Too Sweet to be Sour, MACHO MAN. If not for Hulk Hogan, Savage would have arguably been the biggest star of the 1980s, and maintained his star power long into the 90s in WCW, bleeding into the mainstream media as well as the Slim Jim spokesman. Savage's match against Ricky Steamboat at WrestleMania III was considered to be a couple decades ahead of its time and remains an all-time classic.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

*WWF Championship (x2)
*WCW World Heavyweight Championship (x4)
*USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship (x1)
*WWF Intercontinental Championship (x1)
*King of the Ring (1987)
*Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame (Class of 2009)
*Wrestling Observer Match of the Year (1987)

NOTABLE MATCH

PART ONE:

PART TWO:

NOTABLE SEGMENT

VOTE NOW!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: ROUND THREE: Undertaker (1) vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage (2)

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 12, '14, 10:56 am

I know many of you will disagree, but I already think Macho Man made it two rounds further then he deserved to.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Hanley! » Apr 12, '14, 10:58 am

ShaneOfan wrote:I know many of you will disagree, but I already think Macho Man made it two rounds further then he deserved to.

I'd definitely disagree, but I'd also say that it's easier to vote for Savage in this round than in the two preceding it. I can think of very few ways in which Undertaker in particular, is better than Savage.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Apr 12, '14, 11:12 am

I'm glad pretty much everyone else seems to think this is as easy a choice as I do. The real tough matchups are coming tomorrow.

Savage is better than Taker in basically every metric I can think of.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Kirbi » Apr 12, '14, 12:47 pm

This isn't a close one for me. Savage all day, every day; he's just better and more entertaining.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 12, '14, 2:29 pm

As much as I was a fan of the Undertaker more than Savage (although fully respect the latter), I'd go for Savage here.

In a short period of time, became a respected and liked star in the WWE in the ring and on the microphone and whilst Undertaker has had some fantastic moments, feel Savage had more in his reportoire.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Chewy » Apr 12, '14, 2:37 pm

I would have voted for Taker if he had kept the streak. He's just not the same now.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Westcoastvibes » Apr 12, '14, 3:56 pm

I had to go with taker. He has had a marvelous career and beyond his decades of work he has been a mentor and father figure to almost every guy in the locker room. It was a close battle for me but I am the odd ball and feel that taker is just a bit better.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Ace » Apr 12, '14, 10:29 pm

@Chewy I voted Undertaker because I like him more

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 13, '14, 12:51 am

Honestly, this is the closest one for me so far, but Savage takes it. He's just better in all aspects aside from spectacle, where Macho Man and Dead Man are near even. This could have been a hell of a world title feud in the early 90s, too bad we never got it.

I assumed that the closest we got was Undertaker choking Savage in the 1992 Rumble, but I found this weird little oddity where they're teaming up against Flair and Berserker:

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Apr 13, '14, 1:20 pm

The Macho Man is going to take this one for me. I love the Undertaker and he's fantastic, but Macho Man is just one of those guys that jumps off the screen with entertainment value. Randy Savage wins this one.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to General Wrestling Discussion