55%
No
9%
Yes, but not yet
36%

Total votes : 11

Does PCW need a Midcard title?

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 15, '14, 4:51 pm

So PCW's roster has gotten a little bit larger as of late, with a wealth of pretty good looking sign ups. Some are sim fed rookies, and some are veterans.

With this influx of characters, should PCW be looking at adding a Midcard Title? I think it might be time for one, the midcard is getting bigger and it might be a good idea to have something for them to fight for before they're ready for the World title scene.

If they did add one, what should it be called? Should it have some sort of stipulation that would make it different from any old title?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Does PCW need a Midcard title?

Postby Daz » Apr 15, '14, 4:54 pm

If we keep as many writers as we have now,we could manage it.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Everlong » Apr 15, '14, 4:55 pm

I think it could certainly be a decent addition, but they'd need to figure out a good way to introduce it and make it stand out. It'd be cool for it to have some sort of stipulation attached given that PCW is trying to do things differently than WCSF did.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 15, '14, 4:58 pm

Everlong wrote:I think it could certainly be a decent addition, but they'd need to figure out a good way to introduce it and make it stand out. It'd be cool for it to have some sort of stipulation attached given that PCW is trying to do things differently than WCSF did.

Yeah I think a stipulation would be kind of cool. Hardcore title has been done so I don't much care for that. I'll have to think about it some more, but maybe something where the title can change hands by countout and DQ? The best I got right now :lol

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Apr 15, '14, 5:00 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Everlong wrote:I think it could certainly be a decent addition, but they'd need to figure out a good way to introduce it and make it stand out. It'd be cool for it to have some sort of stipulation attached given that PCW is trying to do things differently than WCSF did.

Yeah I think a stipulation would be kind of cool. Hardcore title has been done so I don't much care for that. I'll have to think about it some more, but maybe something where the title can change hands by countout and DQ? The best I got right now :lol

I think Hardcore could work if only for the fact that we don't get a whole lotta stip matches these days it seems like, so that'd make it easier to get more hardcore matches going. I wouldn't want a 24/7 rule though, that pretty much killed it when WWE had it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 15, '14, 5:03 pm

Maybe the matches where the title is on the line have to have different rules.

Just thought of one: You can only win the match by winning via pinfall... AND submission. So you have to win 2 falls, in any order, as long as you do both. So you could have a match where each guy has 1 Fall, 1 guy by submission, 1 guy by Pinfall, and they each have to do the other one to win.

Kind of a take off of a 2/3 Falls match.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby HardcoreLegend » Apr 15, '14, 5:17 pm

I think after Resurgence and leading into our next PPV, we may be feeling the need for a mid card title.

As for making the title a little bit different...

What if every time the title was defended, the match had to have a stipulation attached? Depending on the feud, it could range from a submission match, to a street fight.

What if in order for a person to get a title shot, they had to put something on the line themselves... Title vs. hair, career, mask, etc.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 15, '14, 5:18 pm

Maybe someday but don't hold your breath. We like having only two belts. You are either the best singles guy or the best team. No prizes for not good enough.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby SKS » Apr 15, '14, 5:19 pm

I think PCW is fine the way it is with the world title and the tag titles. Maybe if the roster extends, then sure. I'm not sure I like the idea of a stipulation for every match though. I feel that would take away from the world title.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby saucernips » Apr 15, '14, 7:59 pm

I don't really see the point of it, to be honest.

saucernips Female
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 11

Postby The Legend » Apr 15, '14, 8:06 pm

Yeah, I definitely think we could use a midcard title. Either a hardcore belt or a more standard midcard belt.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Romo » Apr 16, '14, 3:02 am

37 members on the active roster, around 16/17 of which are in tag teams leaving about 20 others for one title and with not everyone being a main eventer it would be nice if we had another title to give the writers who aren't main eventers to go for.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby SKS » Apr 16, '14, 2:58 pm

^ I didn't realize we had that many people. Maybe a midcard title would work then.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Daz » Apr 17, '14, 4:49 am

I'm of the opinion it makes more sense to establish the mid-card characters for some time before even considering introducing a title.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)