It is currently: May 08, '24, 2:34 pm

Who's the next breakout babyface?

For members of the PCW efederation.

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who's the next breakout babyface?

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 29, '14, 12:49 pm

Tim brought up a good point in the other thread about there being a distinct lack of a babyface presence, especially in the main event and upper card scene. It certainly makes things interesting. So who will or should be the next breakout face character?

Some of my choices:

Johnny Valentino: Has the good feud with Zaid under his belt, and I would imagine it'll probably be reaching it's conclusion soon. It's also possible he could be sans Gia if she indeed turns to join up with Zaid. If he's alone it could free him up to move up the card. Not that he couldn't do it alongside Gia as well. You know Kaiser would have some things to say about Gia :P

Matt Sears & The Buck : Two veteran sim characters and sim writers have recently joined PCW, and either of them could be a candidate to move into the upper card in a hurry, they've been there before in other feds. Buck is already a babyface so he might be easier, as it looks like Matt Sears may enter as a heel. But If there's a shortage of faces I could see Sears maybe turning face to help Daz instead of feud with him, and enter the upper card.

Ryan Haynes: Haynes hasn't been seen in PCW for a while now after coming out with a bang to start his PCW career. I have no idea what Ali's plans are for Haynes, or even if he'll be back. But he was already in the upper card and gave Kaiser all sorts of fits so the story is easily there for the taking if he makes a triumphant return.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Who's the next breakout babyface?

Postby prophet » Mar 29, '14, 12:56 pm

Honestly? Zaid.

This whole feud with Johnny V has been really entertaining and both writers are improving week after week BUT... am I the only one who thinks fan allegiances are mixed up? Valentino and Gia are both Jersey Shore reality TV types, there's not a chance I think the crowd would cheer them and get behind them. As Heels they'd be pompous, fame-obsessed douches and that's what I'd love to see from them. The characters are built to be booed.

Zaid on the other hand has been hilarious since his debut. He's been playing tricks and winding the power couple up constantly but he's been doing it in a light-hearted, comical way. He very much reminds me of Cognito and everybody loved him. If anything I think the tricks he plays on the reality stars would endear him to the audience and he'd be better suited to the face role the same way Johnny V would be better as a heel in my opinion.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 29, '14, 1:01 pm

prophet wrote:Honestly? Zaid.

This whole feud with Johnny V has been really entertaining and both writers are improving week after week BUT... am I the only one who thinks fan allegiances are mixed up? Valentino and Gia are both Jersey Shore reality TV types, there's not a chance I think the crowd would cheer them and get behind them. As Heels they'd be pompous, fame-obsessed douches and that's what I'd love to see from them. The characters are built to be booed.

Zaid on the other hand has been hilarious since his debut. He's been playing tricks and winding the power couple up constantly but he's been doing it in a light-hearted, comical way. He very much reminds me of Cognito and everybody loved him. If anything I think the tricks he plays on the reality stars would endear him to the audience and he'd be better suited to the face role the same way Johnny V would be better as a heel in my opinion.

Very interesting theory, I agree with you on some parts, not so much on others. You said that Valention and Gia could be pompous, fame obsessed douches. Except that's pretty much what Zaid is already, which is why it'd be pretty easy to hate him in my opinion. But they would definitely work as heels at some point. We could even maybe see a double turn of some kind, where Gia leaves for Zaid, except Zaid starts treating her really well and Valentino turns into an angry, jealous, maniac out for revenge.

Also, I think there's a ready made feud now between Valentino & Gia, and the soon to be returning Dylan Kyle and Roxanne. The characters are really similar and I think it's pretty much a no brainer to pair those two units up right off the hop if Gia stays with Johnny.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Mar 29, '14, 1:28 pm

If I'm picking a true "breakout" star then I think it will be Gryphon Richard. He's got a great mentor and vet star that can help build him up. He's got a solid character that's easy to get behind. He's an all around capable star.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Mar 30, '14, 7:16 pm

It depends on what we mean by "breakout." If we're talking about someone who's likely to get pushed up toward the main event, it's tough to say at this point. I think I'd agree that it'd probably be Richard, but I'd like to see him get more established first against bigger name opponents. Valentino could very well get there eventually but he needs a few good feuds to work his way up the ladder. Same for Orion Bishop.

I think given Legend's experience as a writer and the fun nature of Reese's gimmick, he'll be a good one to watch to make an impact as a face right away.

I should also mention Buck, that is, if Buck is still around.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby HFX » Mar 30, '14, 7:29 pm

I think it will be Reese. Legend is an experienced writer and Reese is an intriguing and fun character that could go a long way in the fed.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby prophet » Mar 31, '14, 3:16 pm

Really though it's too early to tell, the majority of the babyfaces are still green (hate using that word but you know what I mean). As the fed is still really new a lot of the faces are still participating in their first feuds and just beginning to work themselves up the card. I don't think I can really make a proper judgment, this is one of those threads that it'd be interesting to revisit in a few months time.

That said, we're in a wonderful position with the faces right now in that there's a whole group of them on the same level and any one of them could be about to jump out as us and take that step up. I'm sure it's an exciting position for the bookers to be in and as a fan it's certainly going to be interesting to see one of the pack take the leap! :tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)