It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 7:15 am

PCW Resurgence (due Tuesday, May 27th)

For members of the PCW efederation.

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: PCW Resurgence (due Tuesday, May 27th)

Postby Daz » May 30, '14, 2:42 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I'm not saying he doesn't have a point about people communicating better and doing better to move things along in a timely manner. If he had used some decorum and class and said it in a way that didn't make him look like a huge douche, it wouldn't have worked me up. I'm supposed to be one of the easiest going people on this site.

But for him to basically go off, calling my work shit, and rip into 2 veteran writers who I would think know a thing or two about doing this by now, was uncalled for. Then to write the match with Daz without even talking to me or Legend either. I didn't receive any PM from him saying he was going to write it on his own. The last one I got from him asked where it stood and I told him I'd sent it on.

To hear that my match is shit and I don't know what I'm doing, and that he had written the match without me, all of this without me knowing a damn thing about what was going on, pisses me the hell off.

He was pissed sir, the same way you were pissed when you responded. There wasn't much decorum or class to be found from either response. Which is fair enough.

As far as writing the match goes. I offered to write it whilst talking to Kaiser, just so we could get the show up. It had fuck all to do with saucernips. The fact he was available to add the finish was just good fortune, and I thought it better that someone involved in the thing actually contribute towards it. A spanner was obviously thrown in the works when Legend finally sent it on, but by that point we'd pretty much finished our version. Parts of the original were added to it, so it wasn't a complete right off.

Frankly this whole reaction is a little overboard.

Last edited by Daz on May 30, '14, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby KaiserGlider » May 30, '14, 2:45 pm

Here's the whole situation:

The match was supposed to go Brett-Legend-Ace-saucernips. From what I understand, Legend sent it to Ace on Monday. Ace never passed it along to saucernips, nor did he inform anybody he couldn't write. Basically the match was doing relatively OK till it go to Ace.

For the record, I can see how it was a risk booking a match with 4 writers. It was. But I knew Brett, Legend, and saucernips could handle it. The wildcard was Ace, and I guess that's where it went wrong.

Anyway, seeing as the match was late, it didn't seem close to completion, and there was heavy demand to post the show, earlier today Daz volunteered to re-write most of it then send it to saucernips to finish. Yesterday I sent a PM to Legend telling him to just go ahead and send the match on to Daz. That didn't happen, so Daz went ahead and started on it. Legend then sent his version of the match to saucernips, who got the Daz version of the match at the same time. Long story short, saucernips now had two versions of the same match: One version written by Brett/Legend, the other by Daz. As saucernips pointed out, the Brett/Legend version was like 2.5 pages.

On the bright side, the last match is now in, which means Resurgence will soon be posted. And it's a kick-ass show, so maybe that will lighten the mood? ...Please?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Postby Everlong » May 30, '14, 2:48 pm

If anyone has anything other than childish bickering left to add to this thread, speak now or forever hold your peace.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » May 30, '14, 2:48 pm

Daz wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:
saucernips wrote:You take this proper seriously don't you?

Tampax mate. Tampax.

I take it seriously when people who've been around for about a minute question my work ethic and my ability to write, yeah, I'd say I take that seriously.

Str8Shooter wrote:I'm not saying he doesn't have a point about people communicating better and doing better to move things along in a timely manner. If he had used some decorum and class and said it in a way that didn't make him look like a huge douche, it wouldn't have worked me up. I'm supposed to be one of the easiest going people on this site.

But for him to basically go off, calling my work shit, and rip into 2 veteran writers who I would think know a thing or two about doing this by now, was uncalled for. Then to write the match with Daz without even talking to me or Legend either. I didn't receive any PM from him saying he was going to write it on his own. The last one I got from him asked where it stood and I told him I'd sent it on.

To hear that my match is shit and I don't know what I'm doing, and that he had written the match without me, all of this without me knowing a damn thing about what was going on, pisses me the hell off.

He was pissed sir, the same way you were pissed when you responded. There wasn't much decorum or class to be found from either response. Which is fair enough.

As far as writing the match goes. I offered to write it whilst talking to Kaiser, just so we could get the show up. It had fuck all to do with saucernips. The fact he was available to add the finish just good fortune, and I thought it better that someone involved in the thing actually contribute towards it.

Well I wrote two and a half pages before I even sent it on to Legend. So unless Legend wrote nothing at all and sent it on, there should have been at least 4-5 pages before it got to saucernips. I don't see why he couldn't have written a few pages, a good finish and sent it in then. We're trying to keep match lengths shorter, so an 8 or 9 page match would have been just fine. The two and a half pages I wrote weren't too bad either, it's not like they were dogshit.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby HFX » May 30, '14, 2:49 pm

Everlong wrote:If anyone has anything other than childish bickering left to add to this thread, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Wisconsin smells like Kraft Singles and Budlite.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » May 30, '14, 2:50 pm

HFX wrote:
Everlong wrote:If anyone has anything other than childish bickering left to add to this thread, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Wisconsin smells like Kraft Singles and Budlite.

You're fucking dead.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby saucernips » May 30, '14, 2:50 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Daz wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:
saucernips wrote:You take this proper seriously don't you?

Tampax mate. Tampax.

I take it seriously when people who've been around for about a minute question my work ethic and my ability to write, yeah, I'd say I take that seriously.

As far as writing the match goes. I offered to write it whilst talking to Kaiser, just so we could get the show up. It had fuck all to do with saucernips. The fact he was available to add the finish just good fortune, and I thought it better that someone involved in the thing actually contribute towards it.

Well I wrote two and a half pages before I even sent it on to Legend. So unless Legend wrote nothing at all and sent it on, there should have been at least 4-5 pages before it got to saucernips. I don't see why he couldn't have written a few pages, a good finish and sent it in then. We're trying to keep match lengths shorter, so an 8 or 9 page match would have been just fine. The two and a half pages I wrote weren't too bad either, it's not like they were dogshit.

I had started writing the match with Daz BEFORE you sent me anything. It was basically completely finished when you sent me something. I didn't write "alone" because I didn't think you were capable, I wrote "alone" because I had nothing sent to me by the time I started tonight. It's all one big ball of confusion.

saucernips Female
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 11

Postby Ali » May 30, '14, 2:52 pm

I will be the first to admit that PCW is not a perfectly-oiled machine, but that is not really the POINT of PCW. The point is to have fun. We write, not because it's our job, not to prove anything, not to be glorified, but because we WANT to. If writing PCW matches feels like work to anybody here, then I have failed in what I intended for PCW to do.

Mistakes will happen. Miscommunications will occur. It is up to you as writers to communicate with each other however you can. And if it's late, it's late! Oh well! Now let's just relax and make PCW fun again.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » May 30, '14, 2:53 pm

Ali wrote:I will be the first to admit that PCW is not a perfectly-oiled machine, but that is not really the POINT of PCW. The point is to have fun. We write, not because it's our job, not to prove anything, not to be glorified, but because we WANT to. If writing PCW matches feels like work to anybody here, then I have failed in what I intended for PCW to do.

Mistakes will happen. Miscommunications will occur. It is up to you as writers to communicate with each other however you can. And if it's late, it's late! Oh well! Now let's just relax and make PCW fun again.

Perfect way to end this thread. Thanks Ali.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Previous

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)