It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:24 am

A Blast from the Past

For members of the PCW efederation.

Moderator: Str8Shooter

A Blast from the Past

Postby Everlong » Apr 14, '17, 12:38 pm

POST-MATCH – The Ultimate Victory

Streamers and confetti fall as they’ve been shot into the air by cannons from the ringside area, and Mark Thomas continues to celebrate in his home town, the fans continuing the party in the stands over the results. You couldn’t find a frown in the entire arena if you tried: it’s complete pandemonium, and one shot of Thomas in the ring with his title, tears streaming down his face, shows you all you need to know.

Pete: Wow… that’s what it’s all about right there, folks. The first man to ever retain his title at Revolution, the first man ever to defeat the Battlefield victor… the man who has just ended this war with the United Kingdom… Mark Thomas has made history tonight, and he deserves this unbelievable ovation.

Craig: Even I’ll admit, Mark Thomas fought with the heart of a true champion tonight. And… while it pains me to see Frazier and the United Kingdom suffer such a loss, Thomas has handled himself with class all year long. I have no problems applauding him as champion.

Thomas raises the belt into the air one more time, and lets out a jubilant yell, and the audience responds, chanting his name…

”THOMAS! THOMAS! THOMAS! THOMAS! THOMAS! THOMAS!”

Desmond Frazier has begun to slowly work his way up the ramp, refusing assistance from the officials at ringside, and Thomas soon decides that it’s time for him to leave as well. But before he does, “The Call of Ktulu” hits over the soundsystem, and David Logan appears at the top of the ramp, freshly showered after his match and dressed in his business suit and tie. He beams down toward the ring at Thomas, who looks back up with an appreciative smirk. Desmond Frazier passes by Logan halfway up the ramp, and gives him a brief glance, but appears to be more exhausted than angered at this point.

Troy: Looks like David Logan is coming out to congratulate Thomas in person!

Pete: A hell of a moment that will be… these two have grown SO close over the past year, and they’ve fought for so much, together. While the British side of the equation crumbled, the relationship between Logan and Thomas strengthened and blossomed.

Craig: And it made all the difference, really. We saw the final moments of the Dynamite/Morgan relationship earlier. What a stark difference…

Logan strides down the ramp, the last bits of confetti making their way to the ground, like stubborn spring snowflakes. He applauds Thomas from a distance, and slides into the ring. Without hesitation, he strides across the ring and locks Thomas into a tight embrace, as Thomas continues to try to wipe the tears (and few streaks of blood) from his face. Flashbulbs pop around the arena, taking in the historic, emotional scene.

Pete: I’ll tell you what… I’ve got the chills right now, Troy. These two… well, this is about as close to a father/son relationship as we’ve seen around here, if you discount Logan’s relationship with Andrew. This is truly something special.

The fans break off their Thomas chant, and begin a new one…

”USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!”

Troy: The fans chanting for Team USA, and who embodies America in the WCSF more than these two men, who have fought to overcome so much in their careers, and now here tonight, they stand solidified, in perhaps the ultimate victory in each of their careers!

Logan finally pulls away from Thomas, and grabs his right hand, which is holding his title, and raises it high into the air, gesturing for the fans to cheer for Thomas. But suddenly, something is wrong. After a few moments, Thomas tries to pull back down and bring his championship with him… but Logan keeps a hold on the belt.

Troy: Ha, I don’t think Logan wants to give this moment up!

Craig: I don’t know Troy… something’s wrong here… something is VERY wrong…

A smirk passes across Logan’s face, and he stares right into Thomas’s eyes. Thomas returns the grin, although seems rather confused. But suddenly, Logan pulls Thomas in even closer. Without warning, he snatches the title out of Thomas’s hand, holds it up and levels the champion with it directly in the forehead, knocking him to the mat! This causes an instant uproar by Thomas’s hometown fans! Pandemonium reigns… high-pitched screams by the children in attendance are heard as their hero gets cracked in the skull with the vicious shot… and now, the sound of boos… vicious, unrelenting boos, directed at the man who only moments before had embraced their hero!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Pete: NO!

Troy: WHAT THE HELL?!

Craig: I TOLD YOU! HEAVENS…

Even Frazier has turned at the top of the stage to stop and watch, and even his mouth is dropped open in shock. Now it’s Logan who holds the title belt, and for a moment he steps away from Thomas’s body, and holds it up high so that the gold sparkles brilliantly in the stadium lights. Logan’s eyes widen, and his expression reveals a hunger, a lust that appears unnatural on the legend’s face. And then, suddenly, David Logan begins to laugh.

ASS-HOLE! ASS-HOLE! ASS-HOLE! ASS-HOLE!

Pete: I… I’m speechless… I’m dreaming, I have to be… this is some kind of sick, twisted nightmare…

Craig: I can assure you, Pete. This is all too real.

Logan finally looks away from the belt, and stares down at Thomas. Frazier continues to stare down at the ring, seemingly trying to wrestle with whether he should does something about the situation, but now he appears resolved to hold his ground. Thomas has begun to pull himself to his hands and knees and looks up in absolute shock, but raising his head earns him another smack to the face with the title belt, and the chants by the audience triple in volume.

ASS-HOLE! ASS-HOLE! ASS-HOLE! ASS-HOLE!

But Logan doesn’t care. Suddenly, he’s not looking at Mark Thomas any more. He’s not even looking at the title belt in his hand. He’s staring at the entrance ramp, and waves a hand, beckoning someone to come to the ring…

Troy: What’s this…

Pete: My God… tell me this isn’t what I think it is…

Postmatch by reyflyinfury619

WCSF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
GOLD RUSH CASH IN – Mark Thomas © vs. Andrew Logan

*BOOM!* “Map of the Problematique” by Muse bursts across the soundsystem, and blue and white lights shimmer at the ring. But the arrival of Andrew Logan doesn’t prompt the same enthusiasm from the audience as usual. Vicious boos cut through the music and shake the very foundation of the stadium, and they grow even louder when the Second Generation Superstar steps out from the back, accompanied by his sister Alexa, holding a very familiar-looking briefcase in his hands…

Troy: No… NO! NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Pete: THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING! SOMEONE TELL ME THAT THIS IS SOME SORT OF SICK JOKE! ANDREW LOGAN CAN’T BE HOLDING THE GOLD RUSH BRIEFCASE!

Craig: THESE are your “American Heroes,” Pete. THAT is the man that all of you followed so blindly… THIS is the price you paid to win this war! Now tell me if it was worth it, dammit! TELL ME IF IT WAS WORTH IT!

There are screams all throughout the arena, but Andrew appears to be in a state of the utmost bliss. He struts down the entrance ramp, flaunting the briefcase in front of the disgusted fans, who are now nearing riotous levels. Alexa follows after him, and passes by Frazier. Frazier nearly does a triple take, as his mouth is completely agape now in shock. His face reddens and he tries to reach out for her, but she brushes past him without even paying him a sideways glance. Crestfallen, Frazier finally works his way backstage, not wanting to see any more.

Craig: Frazier looks like he’s absolutely sick about this… Why the hell is Alexa here, too?!

Pete: Here’s a better question—Why doesn’t Frazier do anything to stop this! He just moped his way backstage, now’s your chance to be a hero!

Troy: I’m not so sure he has it in him, Pete. Not tonight… my lord…

Children are seen crying, grown men pulling at the hair on their heads. The camera catches one lovely young lady with a “MARRY ME ANDREW” sign tearing it up and throwing it in the direction of the strutting Gold Rush holder, but still, Andrew doesn’t care. Alexa makes a show of stomping on the remains of the sign with her heels as she walks past, and serenely raises a hand up to the screaming, irate fans in the area, which only increases their boos.

Meanwhile, in the ring, David Logan has brought a referee down to the ring, and barks toward the ring announcer, who gets to his feet.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen… Mr. Logan has informed me that Andrew Logan is now cashing in his Gold Rush contract, and this match will begin immediately, and is for the WCSF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

This brings thunderous boos from Thomas’s hometown faithful, but it’s no use. This is the Logan’s show now, and Thomas is a sitting duck.

Pete: HOW?! How can this be?! After everything that Logan and Thomas have been through… they were closer than kin! And Andrew and Thomas… they’d become like brothers!

Troy: This is the ultimate betrayal! I… ohhhhh… I think I’m going to be sick!

Craig: And I wish I could say I was surprised… Alex Morgan told you all from day one that this would be what would happen, but no one listened, dammit! NO ONE!

Andrew slides into the ring and hands the referee the briefcase with a grin wider than that of a Cheshire cat. The referee holds the briefcase up and points toward the title belt in David Logan’s hands, and the bell rings for the match to begin.

*DING DING DING!*

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Pete: These fans aren’t happy at all, and dammit, I can’t blame them. We had a storybook ending, a historic moment… all taken away, and for what?! Hasn’t David Logan finally ended this?! The Lions are defeated! Didn’t he get everything what he wanted?!

Craig: Ha! Apparently not everything!

Andrew circles around Thomas like a lion ready to strike its prey. Thomas appears to be dazed, both from the force of the title belt shots to the forehead and from the stunning betrayal. His eyes are slightly rolled back into his head, and the roaring boos of the audience certainly can’t be helping him focus.

Thomas desperately reaches his arms out to try to grab the ropes, but it’s as though he’s fighting in a nightmare… his arms fall heavily, and he can’t reach his goal, no matter how he tries. Andrew Logan walks right in front of Thomas and crouches down close to his face, as his father watches with a grin. The Gold Rush holder grabs Thomas by the head, his hands placed on Thomas’s cheeks, and the camera picks up Andrew sarcastically congratulating Thomas on beating Frazier, his nemesis.

Pete: How have we been so blind not to see this before! Surely there were warning signs! How have the Logans accomplished this?! Surely—OOOH!

Pete quickly stops talking as Andrew delivers a hard right hand shot straight to the temple, then gets back to his feet. After taking a few moments to suck in the heated reaction from the stands, he grabs a hold of Thomas, drags him to a vertical base, places an arm over his shoulder and throws his right hand into the air in his signature two-fingered pose…

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Troy: And so it ends like this…

In a flash, Logan kicks back and delivers the Millennial DDT to Thomas, planting his head sickly on the mat. Thomas appears to be knocked cold, and Logan flips him on his back, grinning up evilly at his father and barking for the referee to come make the count.

ONE!

Pete: No…

TWO!

Pete: Please…

THREE!

*DING DING DING*

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen here is your winner and NEW WCSF World Champion… ANDREW LOGAN!

“Map of the Problematique” sounds again, and Logan springs to his feet to grab the title belt from his father. David Logan once again bursts into the ring to give a hug to the victor, and Alexa steps in immediately after him, but this time there will be no betrayal, no title belt shot. This time, the champion will remain the champion, and every single person in the stadium knows it. The boos continue to rain down on the Logans, but they will do absolutely no good. Andrew Logan raises his title belt high into the air, flanked by his father and his sister, and David Logan gazes at it lustily once again… Finally, finally a Logan holds WCSF Gold. The legacy is affirmed.

Pete: I never thought I’d see this night end like this… Andrew Logan, the WCSF Champion. David Logan, betraying his best friend and closest ally. Alexa Logan, spurning Desmond Frazier in perhaps the most vile and inhuman way possible. I… I can barely think straight. WHY?! WHY have they done this?!

Troy: Surely someone will do something about this? Dammit, surely someone will step up and stop this madness?!

But as the camera zooms in on David Logan and his champion son for the closing shot, with Alexa clapping for them, a smirk on her face, there is no image of hope, no silver lining to be found in this dark storm cloud.

Craig: Ha, you two keep thinking that. David Logan won his war. He has sole control of the WCSF, his son is the champion and all his greatest competition has been defeated. You two really thought that tonight would be the end of all this, that Thomas and the Logans and all your other Americans would win and we’d have a nice happy ending? HA! Look in the ring. There’s your happy ending. Only, this isn’t the end… oh, no… I hate to tell you chaps, but for you… this is only the beginning.

Match by reyflyinfury619

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: A Blast from the Past

Postby Everlong » Apr 14, '17, 12:41 pm

WCSF Revolution VI happened five years ago... and this was its closing moment.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: A Blast from the Past

Postby Hanley! » Apr 14, '17, 1:43 pm

It's funny that you posted this now. 'I Should Have Known' by Foo Fighters came up on shuffle for me earlier on. Reminded me of the Logan vs Frazier feud way back when.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)