It is currently: May 13, '24, 1:54 pm

Was it your interest level in Shane McMahon vs Brock Lesnar?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Was it your interest level in Shane McMahon vs Brock Lesnar?

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 13, '16, 9:51 pm

After the ending of Summerslam this match is basically locked in. Brock doesn't really have anyone else to fight squash.

I see it as a less captivating version of the Shane/Taker angle from earlier this year (some people thought Shane would actually win that one). Because he's a McMahon, Shane will probably last longer than Ambrose did against Lesnar, but I don't think the match is going to meet the expectations it would have had a few years ago due to Brock being indestructible. Though if Lesnar needs a new opponent, you could do a hell of lot worse than Shane McMahon.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Was it your interest level in Shane McMahon vs Brock Lesnar?

Postby JPG619 » Sep 13, '16, 11:43 pm

My interest level in any match with Lesner is really low. I think he one of the useless talents on the current roster. Since he only wrestles his own schedule and only does a few different moves in the ring makes it not exciting for me. I rather them build two current wrestlers then have any match with Lesner in it.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 29

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 14, '16, 7:38 am

Shane should get virtually no offense in at all and get bludgeoned ala Orton. Maybe a low blow and a chair shot or something if it's a Street Fight. That's it.

I don't think anyone really cares that much. The shine has come off Shane a bit with him showing up every week on SD. Plus he can't cut promos anymore.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Circled Square » Sep 14, '16, 9:27 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Shane should get virtually no offense in at all and get bludgeoned ala Orton. Maybe a low blow and a chair shot or something if it's a Street Fight. That's it.

I don't think anyone really cares that much. The shine has come off Shane a bit with him showing up every week on SD. Plus he can't cut promos anymore.

Shane never could cut promos. Have no idea where that came from, people acted like he was some god on the mic when he returned, he never was.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 14, '16, 10:02 am

Circled Square wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:Shane should get virtually no offense in at all and get bludgeoned ala Orton. Maybe a low blow and a chair shot or something if it's a Street Fight. That's it.

Shane never could cut promos. Have no idea where that came from, people acted like he was some god on the mic when he returned, he never was.

As I recall he was a pretty good promo in the Attitude Era heyday. Certainly better then than he's been since he came back. Mind you it's easier to cut heel promos than babyface GM ones.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Sep 14, '16, 11:05 am

KaiserGlider wrote:Though if Lesnar needs a new opponent, you could do a hell of lot worse than Shane McMahon.

Could you though?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Sep 14, '16, 1:28 pm

Hanley! wrote:
KaiserGlider wrote:Though if Lesnar needs a new opponent, you could do a hell of lot worse than Shane McMahon.

Could you though?

In terms of drawing power, yeah. Who gives a fuck if some other guy can do better backflips. Shane and Brock are both names. Makes the most sense for WWE.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Hanley! » Sep 14, '16, 4:46 pm

Circled Square wrote:In terms of drawing power, yeah. Who gives a fuck if some other guy can do better backflips. Shane and Brock are both names. Makes the most sense for WWE.

Ah fuck off with your new making everything about backflips gimmick. It doesn't matter that Shane can't do crazy cruiserweight acrobatics. That's not what anyone is saying. What I'm saying is that he's shit. Not just at flips, at everything. He also can't throw a punch. He can't work a basic match. He can't wrestle for 2 minutes without getting gassed. He can't even begin to look athletic or tough in any way.

He's not a credible opponent for Lesnar, and no I don't think that match would draw. There's no buzz around it despite all the teasing, unless it's the buzz of a kind of general low groan. Shane's return match with Undertaker might have drawn, because of the novelty of him coming back after so many years. But then the match sucked. And then Shane became GM of Raw and the ratings dropped substantially. And then he showed up almost weekly since then, killing off all novelty value he had six months ago.

The match would suck, the feud would suck, this whole idea is the dirt worst.

:D

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Sep 14, '16, 4:52 pm

I can think of a worse match than Brock/Shane.

Brock/Vince.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 14, '16, 4:55 pm

Everlong wrote:I can think of a worse match than Brock/Shane.

Brock/Vince.

Vince would die if that happened. Although if he thought it would draw he still might go through with it.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Sep 14, '16, 5:01 pm

Everlong wrote:I can think of a worse match than Brock/Shane.

Brock/Vince.

I'm not so sure. Vince could probably at least make it funnier with his crazy facials.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Sep 14, '16, 5:15 pm

I have basically no interest in this match. It just doesn't make sense, maybe if Shane was 15 years younger and Brock was the same age, but not in these circumstances.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Viazon » Sep 14, '16, 5:57 pm

I think if anyone else is going to job to Brock, bettet Shane than any other wrestler on the roster. Shane will have less pressure on him because he isn't actually really a wrestler. No big deal if he loses. I'm frankly getting tired of hard working wrestlers always losing to a part time guy who only appears for matches at big PPVs.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Messiah » Sep 14, '16, 10:15 pm

Viazon wrote:I think if anyone else is going to job to Brock, bettet Shane than any other wrestler on the roster. Shane will have less pressure on him because he isn't actually really a wrestler. No big deal if he loses. I'm frankly getting tired of hard working wrestlers always losing to a part time guy who only appears for matches at big PPVs.

It isn't like having those hard working wrestlers take the inevitable backseat to a Lesnar/Shane match is any better.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby War Daddy » Sep 14, '16, 10:29 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Circled Square wrote:In terms of drawing power, yeah. Who gives a fuck if some other guy can do better backflips. Shane and Brock are both names. Makes the most sense for WWE.

Ah fuck off with your new making everything about backflips gimmick. It doesn't matter that Shane can't do crazy cruiserweight acrobatics. That's not what anyone is saying. What I'm saying is that he's shit. Not just at flips, at everything. He also can't throw a punch. He can't work a basic match. He can't wrestle for 2 minutes without getting gassed. He can't even begin to look athletic or tough in any way.

He's not a credible opponent for Lesnar, and no I don't think that match would draw. There's no buzz around it despite all the teasing, unless it's the buzz of a kind of general low groan. Shane's return match with Undertaker might have drawn, because of the novelty of him coming back after so many years. But then the match sucked. And then Shane became GM of Raw and the ratings dropped substantially. And then he showed up almost weekly since then, killing off all novelty value he had six months ago.

The match would suck, the feud would suck, this whole idea is the dirt worst.

:D

We're gonna build a better card and TNA is going to pay for it.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby PorkChop » Sep 16, '16, 3:17 am

I just want to see Shane's hilariously shitty punches.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby DBSoT » Sep 16, '16, 8:34 am

I have no interest in this match at all. In all honesty, I am losing my interest in Brock altogether. They have built him up to be such a monster that his matches are a waste of time. There is no surprise, just constant suplexes. While the moves may look cool, the overuse of them makes his match pacing look lazy. Lesnar is a great seller, but he never has to sell during his matches anymore. Take his feud with Randy Orton. The build up to that match was very well done. They sold that Orton could hit the RKO and actually have a chance against Lesnar. Than the match starts and it is squash-city bitch. What a waste of a month of build up. Now Orton's feuding with Bray. Once Orton goes over Bray (and he will), than how does that look. The guy who got squashed by Lesnar just beat your up and coming star. It happened the same way with Cena. He gets destroyed by Lesnar at Summerslam and proceeds to still go over the newer guys afterward. The only person to actually look credible against Lesnar is the Undertaker and even that is ass-backwards. Undertaker is a shell of himself and has no reason to look more credible now that guys like Orton, Cena, Ambrose, Reigns, or Rollins.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 16, '16, 11:09 am

If the plan is that Shane will get more offense against Lesnar than Ambrose or Orton then fuck the whole thing. Shane-O shouldn't even land a solid strike.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 17, '16, 12:06 pm

If Vince wasn't injured, I'd not be surprised if it was him who got in the ring with Brock. Come to think of it that might be next after Lesnar dismantles Shane so surely his dad is going to come and try and take 'revenge' for the hellacious beating Shane will get

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 17, '16, 2:05 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:If Vince wasn't injured, I'd not be surprised if it was him who got in the ring with Brock. Come to think of it that might be next after Lesnar dismantles Shane so surely his dad is going to come and try and take 'revenge' for the hellacious beating Shane will get

And then it will be Triple H. This is starting to sound awfully familiar.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Return to WWE