It is currently: May 10, '24, 11:07 am

When did you stop hating Cena?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

When did you stop hating Cena?

Postby Circled Square » Aug 03, '16, 10:37 pm

I liked Big Match John when I was still a mark and he did his rapping thing.

Then I hated Big Match John at One Night Stand 2006 when I turned into a smark, because hating Cena was cool then.

Then around 2011 I realized Cena was actually a cool dude, who really loves the WWE and does a lot of charity work for non-publicity. He also put over outlaw vanilla midgets like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owen's fat ass, Seth Rollins and AJ Styles, something Hogan, Austin or The Rock would never do. Plus he's pretty bro-tier on Total Divas.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: When did you stop hating Cena?

Postby Everlong » Aug 04, '16, 7:49 am

I probably stopped hating him around 2012-2013. Not because I like him... just because I feel nothing for him any more. My hate is wasted. His character will never change. There's nothing at all interesting about him. He's just... there.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby War Daddy » Aug 04, '16, 9:55 am

John Cena(the human) is the fucking man. Stellar human being with a huge heart and loves the business.

John Cena(the character) is so boring and bland but manages to work great matches. The character needs overhauled but I dont hate it.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby JPG619 » Aug 04, '16, 11:04 am

Never hated Cena, i think he great for the wrestling business for what he does outside of the ring. For his love with the fans and to make them happy. He also loves what he does in the ring to entertain the fans. Not sure why people hate him but everyone can like or hate whomever they want to

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Daz » Aug 04, '16, 11:34 am

I'm with Tim. I'm just numb to Cena at this point. The character is still bland as ever but it'll never change, so why waste the energy? At least he can work now, which makes him distinctly more tolerable than the dreaded 2005 era.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Aug 04, '16, 11:45 am

He always seemed like a pretty decent guy, but the character not so much. I hated Cena's character until I grew so bored of it that it was impossible to hang on to any strong feelings on the matter. Though since he dropped back to the mid-card last year he actually became somewhat tolerable. Which is his personal best with me so far, because I didn't like him when he was a bad heel rapper either.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Aug 05, '16, 11:27 pm

I briefly stopped hating Cena when he was owning the Rock during their feud in 2012, then started hating him again when he feuded with John Laurenitis. I stopped hating him again when he got Lesnared at Summerslam 2014, and I think he's mainly stuck to the midcard and been a solid worker since, with the occasional #lolCenaWins feud every now and then.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE