It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 3:51 am

Based Shelton is back

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Based Shelton is back

Postby Circled Square » Jul 26, '16, 6:52 pm

Ain't no stopping crisp workrate now

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: Based Shelton is back

Postby Ali » Jul 26, '16, 6:59 pm

I am happy. Shelton was always a favorite of mine.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby War Daddy » Jul 26, '16, 11:16 pm

THE GOLD STANDARD IS BACK?!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby Hanley! » Jul 27, '16, 5:33 am

Styles vs Benjamin for television match of the year!

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 27, '16, 7:35 am

I'm glad to see him coming back, I've always been a fan of his going back to his first run.

I'm not sure how his in ring skills at 40 will match up to the level of todays guys in the ring though. People may end up being disappointed. I think the calibre of todays stars ability is higher than it was when Shelton was a standout.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 27, '16, 8:21 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I'm glad to see him coming back, I've always been a fan of his going back to his first run.

I'm not sure how his in ring skills at 40 will match up to the level of todays guys in the ring though. People may end up being disappointed. I think the calibre of todays stars ability is higher than it was when Shelton was a standout.

I was gonna post the same thing. The bar has been raised a lot since Shelton's last run.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Daz » Jul 28, '16, 3:20 am

His ROH, NJPW and NOAH work has been largely sub par since leaving WWE. He's not as agile, not quite as crisp as he used to be, which isn't surprising really. Hopefully he's motivated by his return and can pull out some good performances. At the very least, he's another body for a very thin mid-card on Smackdown.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Jul 28, '16, 10:56 am

The Smackdown brand is incredibly thin though, so any addition to the roster is a benefit.

Besides, Raw got almost all of the great workers. If Shelton was filling out the midcard with Zayn, Owens, Cesaro and Balor, then maybe he wouldn't really serve much purpose. On Smackdown on the other hand, he's going to superior to most of the guys he's working with. 40 or not, he's always going to be leagues ahead the likes of Baron Corbin and Eric Rowen.

Smackdown has AJ Styles, who's probably the best worker in the company. And it has Randy Orton who's also very good when motivated. But those guys are both in the main event. How many other top tier workers are there on the brand? Maybe Dolph Ziggler? I definitely think there's going to be a spot for Shelton.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Jul 28, '16, 11:09 am

Hanley! wrote:The Smackdown brand is incredibly thin though, so any addition to the roster is a benefit.

Besides, Raw got almost all of the great workers. If Shelton was filling out the midcard with Zayn, Owens, Cesaro and Balor, then maybe he wouldn't really serve much purpose. On Smackdown on the other hand, he's going to superior to most of the guys he's working with. 40 or not, he's always going to be leagues ahead the likes of Baron Corbin and Eric Rowen.

Smackdown has AJ Styles, who's probably the best worker in the company. And it has Randy Orton who's also very good when motivated. But those guys are both in the main event. How many other top tier workers are there on the brand? Maybe Dolph Ziggler? I definitely think there's going to be a spot for Shelton.
I do like Shelton coming back, if only to add a solid vet. It is funny that you mention Orton being motivated because it seems that he is as motivated as ever. He actually seems like he is enjoying wrestling, something that did not seem like the case for quite a while. He ditched the overly monotone promo style and is actually attempting to add levity. Maybe taking some time off and getting married balanced him out or maybe he found a new enjoyment for his craft. Either way, Orton seems to be the best he has in quite a while. You can even see him really enjoying the "Outta No Where" stuff.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 28, '16, 11:13 am

Hanley! wrote:Smackdown has AJ Styles, who's probably the best worker in the company. And it has Randy Orton who's also very good when motivated. But those guys are both in the main event. How many other top tier workers are there on the brand? Maybe Dolph Ziggler? I definitely think there's going to be a spot for Shelton.

There's Kalisto who's really bloody good, might be a nugget of promise in Crews going off his pre-WWE rep and Miz is always solid. Plus if we're talking really top tier guys I wouldn't be surprised if we see Joe on Smackdown before the year is out. The roster is undoubtedly thin but I'd say they have what they need to put on a good show.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 28, '16, 11:29 am

Yeah I have no problem with Shelton bolstering the Smackdown midcard. I mean that Battle Royale made it glaringly obvious that SD has a major lack of roster depth below Cena, AJ, Ambrose, and Orton. Shelton should help that to a degree, especially if the nostalgia factor helps him be more over than he was before.

Rhyno I am not nearly as excited about. Nor am I about the rumoured returns of Curt Hawkins, Jinder Mahal and Tommy Dreamer. I mean really? Really?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 28, '16, 10:07 pm

DBSoT wrote: It is funny that you mention Orton being motivated because it seems that he is as motivated as ever. He actually seems like he is enjoying wrestling, something that did not seem like the case for quite a while. He ditched the overly monotone promo style and is actually attempting to add levity. Maybe taking some time off and getting married balanced him out or maybe he found a new enjoyment for his craft. Either way, Orton seems to be the best he has in quite a while. You can even see him really enjoying the "Outta No Where" stuff.

Orton was on fire at Battleground. I really enjoyed his segment with Jericho.

I'm also glad that Rhyno joined the Smackdown roster - I've always been a Man Beast mark and like seeing him run dudes over. Not sure what they can do with him, but as far as spots for dominator characters go, you could do a hell of a lot worse than Rhyno.

Heath Slater also deserves some recognition for the promo he cut before getting gored. Maybe he's going to get a push, but I wouldn't mind seeing him return to his old gimmick of jobbing to returning stars every week.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Circled Square » Aug 07, '16, 6:25 am

He just said on Twitter he seriously injured his shoulder and isn't returning.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Return to WWE