It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:05 pm

So the ending to Raw was to set up two titles, right?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

So the ending to Raw was to set up two titles, right?

Postby DBSoT » Jul 19, '16, 12:37 pm

Otherwise it might have been the most overbooked ending in quite sometime. It really was not well managed and made the whole title picture very unclear. It looked like Seth and Ambrose pinning each other at the same time was to set up a "who is the true champion" story. Then when Ambrose and Rollins end up on different shows tonight, they can just have them both hold major titles.

The one issue is battleground. The only way I can see it making sense is if the triple threat at battleground turns into a 2 out of 3 falls match, where both disputed titles are on the line. The first fall is for one title and the second fall is for the other. If Rollins or Reigns win a title, they take it to Raw and if Ambrose wins a title he take it to SD. I would doubt anyone would win both and then make them into one title again.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: So the ending to Raw was to set up two titles, right?

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 19, '16, 12:52 pm

Well they announced that a rematch between Ambrose and Rollins is kicking off Smackdown Live tonight, so my guess is it was to set up one final match between them to drive more people to watch the Draft.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jul 19, '16, 12:54 pm

I think they were just protecting Rollins and justifying Stephanie choosing him as her #1 pick, which I expect to happen. I don't think that it's setting up the second championship. That would be a little too messy, if you ask me.

Two pin falls in the title match at Battleground would hurt the quality of the match, and it wouldn't get the new title off to the strongest start. Plus, theoretically, what if both winners were on the same show? Then you've just added to your problems.

They'll probably only worry about the second world title after Battleground, when it has been confirmed what show the current champion is on.

I've been expecting the champion to end up on Raw and for Styles and Cena to end up on Smackdown, and for them to wrestle each other at Summerslam to decide who becomes the first holder of Smackdown's new world championship. It's possible that they'll draft Ambrose to Smackdown as champion, but I'm still guessing that the next title holder there will be Styles or Cena.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Jul 19, '16, 1:44 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Well they announced that a rematch between Ambrose and Rollins is kicking off Smackdown Live tonight, so my guess is it was to set up one final match between them to drive more people to watch the Draft.
So we are getting a WWE title match on Raw, a WWE title match on Smackdown (less than 24 hours later) and a triple threat at Battleground? Talk about overkill. Either we get 2 title matches of fuckery (Raw and Smackdown) or tonight's result makes last nights match irrelevant. Maybe it is just a necessary evil considering the transition into the brand split, but it is overkill.

Hanley! wrote:I've been expecting the champion to end up on Raw and for Styles and Cena to end up on Smackdown, and for them to wrestle each other at Summerslam to decide who becomes the first holder of Smackdown's new world championship. It's possible that they'll draft Ambrose to Smackdown as champion, but I'm still guessing that the next title holder there will be Styles or Cena.
I could see this, but it still feels like a paper championship. A title created, just for the fact of having a title. At least if they split the main title, it has some prestige to it and can have actual claim to being the main title.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Postby JPG619 » Jul 19, '16, 9:11 pm

This is what I see, at Battleground If Dean Ambrose retains his title then SmackDown will get the WWE Championship and then Stephanie and Mic Foley will come out awarding Rollins the World Heavyweight title or create a new title for RAW. Or they can have Rollins win and then award World Heavyweight title.

Also with Roman Reigns on RAW they might up having a feud for the title since Roman never got his one on one rematch or can lead to a Championship match at SummerSlam with Rollins and Reigns and not awarding the title to anyone

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Return to WWE