It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 10:55 am

WWE Reveals Rules For The Draft

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WWE Reveals Rules For The Draft

Postby Kreashko » Jul 17, '16, 5:00 pm

RAW has the first overall pick

Since SmackDown Live is a two-hour show and RAW is three hours, for every two picks SmackDown Live receives, RAW will receive three picks

Tag Teams count as one pick unless a Commissioner/General Manager specifically only wants one member of the team

Six draft picks will be made off the NXT roster.

Link - SEScoops

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 45

Re: WWE Reveals Rules For The Draft

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 17, '16, 7:07 pm

I know it makes sense with Raw being three hours to have more guys, but them getting 1st pick and three of every five already makes Smackdown look like the B show :lol

Who is everyone's guess for the six NXT people:

Finn
Nakamura
Bayley
American Alpha
Nia Jax
Bobby Roode??

I think there will be surprises from the NXT pool. I could see Nakamura not getting drafted and someone else being taken. Roode is unlikely too. Finn has to be the lock of all locks to be picked.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Kreashko » Jul 17, '16, 7:22 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Who is everyone's guess for the six NXT people:

Finn
Nakamura
Bayley
American Alpha
Nia Jax
Bobby Roode??

I think there will be surprises from the NXT pool. I could see Nakamura not getting drafted and someone else being taken. Roode is unlikely too. Finn has to be the lock of all locks to be picked.

I don't see Nakamura being brought up until late this year or early next year (Royal Rumble).

As for my guesses, they are Finn Bálor, Bayley, American Alpha, Blake and Murphy, Tye Dillinger, and Nia Jax.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 45

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 17, '16, 7:47 pm

As much as I want Nakamura and Joe to get drafted, they're fighting for the title at the next NXT special so it's not likely. Aries and Roode are still big names though. I predict that Bayley and Balor will definitely be drafted along with some of the rookies.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Jul 17, '16, 7:58 pm

My NXT picks are:

Aries
Bayley
Blake & Murphy
Finn Balor
Mojo Rawley (to be teamed with Ryder)
Angelo Dawkins

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 17, '16, 8:22 pm

The Legend wrote:My NXT picks are:

Aries
Bayley
Blake & Murphy
Finn Balor
Angelo Dawkins

I think Mojo is a good possibility if only to complete the team with Ryder on the main roster. I don't see how either GM can believably pick Blake and Murphy ahead of Alpha or The Revival though, even Ciampa and Gargano are ranked ahead of them in NXT tag teams.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Jul 18, '16, 5:51 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
The Legend wrote:My NXT picks are:

Aries
Bayley
Blake & Murphy
Finn Balor
Angelo Dawkins

I think Mojo is a good possibility if only to complete the team with Ryder on the main roster. I don't see how either GM can believably pick Blake and Murphy ahead of Alpha or The Revival though, even Ciampa and Gargano are ranked ahead of them in NXT tag teams.
Also, Blake and Murphy broke up according to house show reports. I would imagine the 6 NXT selections are as follows:

1. Finn Balor
2. Bayley
3. American Alpha
4. Nia Jax
5. Carmella
6. Austin Aries

Does Bobby Roode even count as an NXT option? He hasn't debuted on NXT yet.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE