It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:08 am

Raw GM and Smackdown GM?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Raw GM and Smackdown GM?

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Jul 11, '16, 11:55 pm

With Stephanie at the Commish of Raw and Shane as the Commish of Smackdown, who do you guys think they are gonna choose as their GMs next week?

My guess is HHH to GM Raw and Daniel Bryan to GM Smackdown.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 119

Re: Raw GM and Smackdown GM?

Postby DBSoT » Jul 12, '16, 6:01 am

HHH to become GM of Raw. Mick Foley to become GM of Smackdown. And me to never watch Raw again. I am way beyond done with the Authority storyline.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Jul 12, '16, 7:41 am

Why exactly do they need a Commish AND a GM for each?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 12, '16, 7:50 am

Everlong wrote:Why exactly do they need a Commish AND a GM for each?

No one knows. I assume that the GM's will run week to week stuff and Steph and Shane will only show up once in a while. But maybe I'm just hoping. I don't know why they changed it from COO's of the brands to Commissioners.

Anyway I agree that Triple H and Daniel Bryan seem like the obvious choices.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Jul 12, '16, 8:38 am

Str8Shooter wrote:

No one knows. I assume that the GM's will run week to week stuff and Steph and Shane will only show up once in a while. But maybe I'm just hoping. I don't know why they changed it from COO's of the brands to Commissioners.

Anyway I agree that Triple H and Daniel Bryan seem like the obvious choices.
You pretty much nailed it on the head. Shane and Steph can take a Vince type role, where they show up sparingly, but have the power to make big decisions. Whereas there GM's manage the week to week shows.

I also want to throw in an outside shot candidate. William Regal would be a great choice for Smackdown. He has proven that he can run a solid show in NXT and has been a GM on the main roster before. If not, I still hold out hope for that one day when I see an NXT invasion angle. :P

Shane/Mick Foley - Smackdown
Steph/Authority Peon - Raw
HHH/William Regal - NXT

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Jul 12, '16, 2:03 pm

I'm hoping that Brett's right about Shane and Stephanie not being on television as much, and leaving the General Managers to run things on television for the most part. I'm just sick to fucking death of seeing them. Yeah, even Shane. He might not be as overplayed and obnoxious as Stephanie, but his presence does make me feel like it's 1999 again. And that makes me feel old.

Triple H is a possibility for General Manager of Raw. You have to reckon that Bischoff and Heyman are possibilities too. Foley's working with them a lot lately, and used to be Commissioner, so he could also fit the role. Then there's William Regal, though I think he's doing such a good job on NXT that he should just stay there.

I'm trying to think of who I'd actually like to see though, and the truth is I'd like to see someone completely new in the role. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they created a brand new character like Lucha Underground did with Daario Cueto. But that's never going to happen, so I at least want someone who's never been General Manager before.

Daniel Bryan could be good at the job. I wouldn't mind seeing him give it a try. It could be cool to see one of their agents like Arn Anderson or Fit Finlay in one of those roles too. Just a tough, old retired wrestler who would talk straight and not take any shit.

It could be interesting to see a female General Manager too, as they've only ever really done that before with Stephanie as far as I can remember. Renee Young could potentially work. A perk would be that when Stephanie starts slapping people, there'd be a female peer that could actually do something about it.

Mostly I just want to see something different. I still hate the idea of a draft, but if things are going to change, at least let it be a real change, and not just another step backwards.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 12, '16, 3:09 pm

I think there's an outside chance that they swerve people and Triple H ends up going with Shane to run Smackdown as the GM. Trips was pretty much left out of the Vince/Shane stuff before Mania and never really took sides.

Plus everyone knows Trips is hands on with NXT which has a bunch of guys on the main roster now and more coming. He's sort of the real life "New Era" guy. I could see them turning him face by having him agree with Shane's philosophy.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 12, '16, 4:48 pm

Hanley! wrote:It could be interesting to see a female General Manager too, as they've only ever really done that before with Stephanie as far as I can remember.

Come on man, VIckie was on TV like a week ago :lol There was AJ Lee as well, mind.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Jul 12, '16, 5:50 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:Come on man, VIckie was on TV like a week ago :lol There was AJ Lee as well, mind.

I admit I didn't watch the show a week ago. :P Damn though, how did I forget about Vickie? She did the job for a while, though for long stretches of that she was sharing the job with someone else. AJ Lee's run was pretty forgettable though.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Ali » Jul 12, '16, 6:45 pm

There was also the girl who ran ECW for a bit, Tiffany, I think. Didn't she beat up Drew McIntyre once?

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby War Daddy » Jul 12, '16, 8:14 pm

I'm just glad the draft has people talking again.

Anyways,

RAW: Eric Bischoff makes a return!
SmackDow: Edge.Daniel Bryan

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 12, '16, 8:36 pm

He probably wouldn't agree because of the schedule, but I want Sting to be the Raw GM. His GM run in TNA was really good, and he has the kind of electric personality that would be a good fit for Raw's presentation. If Smackdown becomes the more simple, action-oriented show, someone more hands-off like Regal should govern there. The person that would probably end up being the best GM of either brand would be Heyman, but 1) he's done that already, and 2) I'd rather have his only role be BROCK's advocate.

I'd have Triple H on NXT (with the occasional main roster appearance when the time is right) because that would give it more importance and send the message that the top mind in the business is cultivating the future. And because Haitch has been on Raw for so long that it's time for an extended break.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby JPG619 » Jul 15, '16, 2:46 pm

From what it feels to me in story line they are making RAW and SmackDown it own company to rival each other.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Return to WWE